Active Now

Malizz
CosmicWunderkind
Discussion » Questions » Politics » Does anyone remember this? It's going to be interesting to see how closely history repeats itself.

Does anyone remember this? It's going to be interesting to see how closely history repeats itself.

Posted - April 1, 2023

Responses

Not quite. Trump was a step higher than Agnew and is no longer in power. I also can't see him in the role of an anti-Semite for hire, nobody would employ him. He'll hide behind his billions, rather than behind a foreign royal family.
    Is Spiro Trump guilty? Absolutely. Will he be found guilty? That remains to be seen. If found guilty by the State, the inevitable appeal will be heard by the Supreme Court, the bench of which he assiduously stacked with his trained seals before being fired by the electorate.
      April 2, 2023 5:30 AM MDT

There are differences for sure, as you point out,  but I was struck more by Agnew's outspoken supporters and the same calls that it is a political witch hunt. And while, this clip tells what happened to him, I had never known that. Once the story was over, he was forgotten. 

I would also point out that as of today April 2, we simply do not know what the charges are or what evidence they have. No one knows for sure what will happen next. It could be a weak case or it could be so strong, that Trump, like Agnew, could take a plea deal, if one is offered. We can only speculate. 

There are very few state cases that can go to the Supreme Court and it's unlikely this would meet the criteria. This post was edited by Jane S at April 2, 2023 6:53 AM MDT
      April 2, 2023 6:50 AM MDT

I believe Trump's attorneys have already stated that Trump will not take a plea deal under any circumstances.

Of course, since we don't know what's in the indictment, there is always the possibility that if faced with the possibility of serious jail time if convicted, that could change.  
      April 2, 2023 7:04 AM MDT

I bet Trump will take  a plea deal. Then he will run to Truth Social and claim he is innocent but took the deal for the good of the country. But I think a lot of his followers will start to realise that Trump played them for many years and they will find someone new to follow. A very wise man once said -  Even babies raised by wolves know when they've been used. Cheers!
      April 2, 2023 8:48 AM MDT

I don't think Trump has ever said he did anything for the good of the country.
      April 2, 2023 9:36 AM MDT

Then you have never paid any attention. 
      April 3, 2023 5:04 AM MDT

I try not to pay much attention to people who lie through their teeth every time they open their mouths.
      April 3, 2023 5:51 AM MDT

Ohhhhh ....
      April 3, 2023 6:10 AM MDT

Trump has also claimed he would never settle lawsuits against Trump Universty, but he settled for $25M so that it wouldn't go to trial. He has a history of settling lawsuits even though he claims he never does. So, I take any claims about never taking a plea deal with a grain of salt.
      April 2, 2023 10:24 AM MDT

True - I forgot about that one.  
      April 2, 2023 12:09 PM MDT

So His Royal Orangeness told a LIE?!!
    *GASP*
      April 2, 2023 9:43 PM MDT

This is an older than me story. I had to look it up. 
    From what I can see it is not comparable. This guy evaded taxes. His case did not have a statute of limitations issue nor a tax regulator who had already ruled there was no tax issue involved.  

Braggs case against Trump has both these issues against it. 
      April 3, 2023 5:03 AM MDT