Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Politics » Do you ever think that Donald Trump is a bit harsh?

Do you ever think that Donald Trump is a bit harsh?

On Tuesday Trump said that Hunter Biden should have been executed over tax and  gun charges. I think they were just 
misdemeanor charges so that seems a bit harsh. Cheers!

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12289119/Furious-Trump-says-Hunter-Biden-EXECUTED-tax-gun-charges.html
l

Posted - July 12, 2023

Responses

The man is nothing but a blowhard who has no filter on his mouth.  He enjoys saying provocative things in order to draw attention to himself (how he gets his jollies?).  He never considers (or even cares about) any consequences his words may have, and he doesn't give a rats heiney whether what he says is factual or not.
      July 12, 2023 10:29 AM MDT

I disagree I think he does consider and care about the consequences of his words. I think sometimes he considers that his words are too vague and his followers won't get a clear message that there is hanging to be done. Cheers!   
      July 12, 2023 11:03 AM MDT

Well, if Hunter Biden should be executed over tax and gun charges, what would be the appropriate sentence for Trump?
      July 12, 2023 12:36 PM MDT

Well I guess it would depend on what he is charged with - if it is rape - then chemical castration (sure he doesn't use them anymore but it is the thought that counts. If it is treason - then waterboarding to find out what secrets he gave to the enemy followed by life in prison no social media privileges. If it is fraud then it should be a  fine and do jail time with no social media privileges. I could go on all day about what to do with a crooked SOB like Trump but it is doobie time. Cheers! This post was edited by Nanoose at July 12, 2023 6:30 PM MDT
      July 12, 2023 1:48 PM MDT

Why don't we just make it simple and string him up for everything at the same time.
      July 12, 2023 6:31 PM MDT

Because of one of the laws of physics (every action has a equal or greater force). If you were to drop a lard butt like Trump from a hanging  platform the force of the drop would cause a tidal wave in the China Bay. Cheers! This post was edited by Nanoose at July 12, 2023 9:22 PM MDT
      July 12, 2023 6:50 PM MDT

OK, so, since he seems to be in favor of it, let's guillotine him.  No problem there.
      July 12, 2023 9:22 PM MDT

If you Google execution by guillotine, you will see that it has never been a practice in the US. As the name suggests, it was common in France, the last time in 1939, and Europe.

Can we not be civilized and be satisfied with him not being president and being imprisoned or otherwise punished if convicted? This post was edited by Stu Spelling Bee at July 12, 2023 9:35 PM MDT
      July 12, 2023 9:35 PM MDT

I'll settle for putting him in solitary confinement for the rest of his miserable life.
      July 13, 2023 9:05 AM MDT

Well maybe if they customize the guillotine to suit Trump's personality by using a Bastard file on the blade. Cheers! This post was edited by Nanoose at July 13, 2023 9:07 AM MDT
      July 13, 2023 7:39 AM MDT

Execution would make Trump a martyr and might backfire. If he goes to prison, he will be among people like himself. I can see him building a following, getting the guards on his side, and running his con games from the inside and probably corrupting the entire prison system. Ideally, he would be set adrift on a boat in the Pacific ocean, but realistically,  I think house arrest, with no social media access and no press coverage would be best for the country.
      July 13, 2023 8:35 AM MDT

OK, so put him in solitary.  One hour out in the yard by himself, no contact with anyone and no internet connection.
      July 13, 2023 8:57 AM MDT

Given that your link does not actually show or even quote President Trump, I think they are likely twisting something he said into something else. Something left wing media loves to do.
    I will find it and be back later. 
      July 12, 2023 2:30 PM MDT

It was also in the Rolling Stone - Donald Trump is once again mad online, this time because a federal prosecutor he appointed struck a plea deal with Hunter Biden that didn’t involved the president’s son being put to death. There are a few other news outlets that are saying the same thing. And I bet you could find his post about it on Truth Social. Cheers!

July 12, 2023 3:57 PM MDT

Are the showing the actual Truth post or just partial quotes? I am not on Truth Social or Twitter etc. And I don't think you can view Truth posts without being a member.  This post was edited by my2cents at July 12, 2023 4:24 PM MDT
      July 12, 2023 4:22 PM MDT

I  don't really know what they are showing. What I do know is just yesterday Trump suggest (in a round about way and without evidence) that the sitting president of the USA uses coke with his son Hunter because he is a tired old looser and he needs the fix for energy. Then he suggested that Biden was on coke when he sent the FBI to mar-a-logo. So I don't think it is too far fetched to think Trump would say Hunter Biden should of got the death penalty. Cheers!
      July 12, 2023 4:53 PM MDT

“Weiss is a COWARD, a smaller version of Bill Barr, who never had the courage to do what everyone knows should have been done,” the former president wrote of U.S. Attorney David Weiss. “He gave out a traffic ticket instead of a death sentence."

https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/politics-news/trump-suggests-hunter-biden-death-penalty-1234786435/

Same quote from:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12289119/Furious-Trump-says-Hunter-Biden-EXECUTED-tax-gun-charges.html 

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/trump-hunter-biden-cocaine-justice-department-b2373556.html

July 12, 2023 6:39 PM MDT

Thank you but as I said they are not showing the full post. Thank you for confirming that for me. 
      July 13, 2023 5:15 AM MDT

If you would read the linked article more closely,  you would see Trump quoted completely and accurately. Perhaps you got distracted by the photos of Hunter.

July 13, 2023 7:24 AM MDT

Perhaps they should show the Truth as posted....and link to it so people can verify that they quoted the entire Truth post. 

Posting pieces with their added words does not verify that they are fully quoting anything.  And on a mobile device it is harder to tell that they are attempting to quote a actual Truth post.  
      July 13, 2023 9:37 AM MDT

Bet he will make it a regular thing at his rallies and he will look so proud of himself when the crowd chants - Hang Hunter Biden. Cheers!
      July 12, 2023 2:36 PM MDT

Since Trump only said that Hunter Biden got a 'traffic ticket instead of a death sentence', I will be charitable and assume that in his usual inarticulate way, he was suggesting that Hunter was only charged for tax and gun charges and not some other crime that would warrant the death penalty.

However, I do agree with Trump about two tiers of justice. Why were civil and not criminal charges brought against Roger Stone for tax fraud and tax evasion? Why was Trump himself, charged civilly and not criminally for taking money from his own charity and for committing fraud at Trump University? He should be doing jail time for both those crimes instead of paying a fine. And consider the case of Reality Winner, who leaked a single classified document. She was arrested, went straight to jail until trial and served a 5 year prison sentence. Trump didn't even have to surrender his passport!  There is most definitely a two tier justice system and Trump is the one with all the advantages. 
      July 12, 2023 4:48 PM MDT

I was correct they are twisting what was said. 

It is called hyperbole.  He did not call for Hunter's execution.   He said the actions of the PA were like sentencing a crime that deserved a the death penalty (execution) with a traffic ticket.  
    Does anyone think Hunter got a traffic ticket? No...neither does Trump. 

It was an example to show that Hunter got a sweetheart deal that no one else would have gotten because he is Joe Biden's son. 

They just indicated a whistle-blower against the Bidens for doing some of the same things they just gave Hunter a free pass on.    That one example of why Trump is complaining. 
      July 13, 2023 5:27 AM MDT

Trump's children got even better deals. https://www.propublica.org/article/ivanka-donald-trump-jr-close-to-being-charged-felony-fraud
      July 13, 2023 7:36 AM MDT