Active Now

Discussion » Questions » Politics » Trump’s D.C. election-obstruction trial set for March 4, 2024. In your opinion, is this a good or a bad thing y'all?

Trump’s D.C. election-obstruction trial set for March 4, 2024. In your opinion, is this a good or a bad thing y'all?

Posted - August 28, 2023

Responses

Good that the trial will be before the next election - Trump didn't want the trial to start until 2026.
    But it might also be bad because March 4th 2024 is still 7 months away and Trump and his mob can spread a lot of lies and fuel a lot of hate in 7 months. Maybe Trump will keep making posts about the trial and the Judge will keep setting the trail date sooner (like she warned Trump about). So maybe the trial will be during the Christmas season  and we can watch Trump get his Chestnuts roasted in a court of law. Cheers!
      August 28, 2023 9:56 AM MDT

Trump may have already said enough to get the Judge to set a new trial date.

In a post Monday morning on Truth Social, Trump called Smith “deranged,” suggested federal officials investigating his actions were “political SleazeBags” and accused Biden allies in the White House of being “fascist thugs.”

Trump added

“It has just been reported that aides to TRUMP prosecutor, Deranged Jack Smith, met with high officials at the White House just prior to these political SleazeBags Indicating me OVER NOTHING,” 

“If this is so, which it is, that means that Biden and his Fascist Thugs knew and APPROVED of this Country dividing Form of Election Interference, despite their insisting that they ‘knew nothing.’ It’s all a BIG LIE, just like Russia, Russia, Russia, & not knowing about son’s business dealings. DISMISS CASE!” Trump continued. 

Cheers!

This post was edited by Nanoose at August 29, 2023 6:13 PM MDT
      August 28, 2023 12:11 PM MDT

I don't know if it really matters. People who are blindly loyal won't change their opinions regardless of what comes out in the trial The Republicans are apparently so eager for Biden to be re- elected, they're willing to nominate a sure loser.
      August 28, 2023 7:38 PM MDT

Works for me.  I'm not thrilled about Biden (although I do believe he isn't as bad as people claim), but there is no way I would vote for Trump, or any of the other prospective GOP candidates. This post was edited by Spunky at August 30, 2023 8:36 AM MDT
      August 29, 2023 9:11 AM MDT

A career politician, a stuffed shirt and he was quite clearly starting to lose it even before he was elected. He got in because he's not Trump, a hat rack could have run against His Royal Orangeness and beat him handsomely.
    The best thing Biden could do for the USA is to suffer a medical emergency and hand the reins to his Veep. Or resign, citing poor health (or more accurately, decrepitude).
      August 30, 2023 1:41 AM MDT

Looks like you've bought into some right-wing propaganda.
      August 30, 2023 5:22 AM MDT

I agree that it was more a vote against Trump than for Biden.  Same held true when it was Clinton/Trump.  Trump had absolutely no qualifications for president and most everything he did benefitted the people who needed it least.
      August 30, 2023 8:38 AM MDT

Personally, I would have voted for O.J. Simpson, if he were running against Trump. 
      August 30, 2023 8:52 AM MDT

My personal preference would be Kermit and Miss Piggy, but what do I know?
      August 30, 2023 8:55 AM MDT

Too late. With the inevitable delays and appeals, there's a good chance that His Royal Orangeness will die before he can be convicted. Or should America lose its collective mind and actually re-elect him before the trial winds up, he'll just pardon himself.
    It's the Georgia one that will f**k him. Class one felony, mandatory prison time if found guilty and GA doesn't have Home D. And a Presidential pardon can't be invoked for a state conviction. And the evidence is solid, he attempted to strong-arm an election official with threats. Slam dunk. This post was edited by Slartibartfast at August 29, 2023 9:12 AM MDT
      August 29, 2023 6:48 AM MDT

Well, if he dies before being convicted, I can live with that so long as it's before he's elected.  However, I can also live with him being convicted in the GA case and spending his golden years in a cell.  
      August 29, 2023 9:14 AM MDT

I'm trying to figure out suspended sentences and felony probation in Georgia. I am beginning to think there's a path for Trump to stay out of jail even if convicted or especially if he takes a plea deal. I think it's too much to hope that he will be treated the same as anyone else.
      August 30, 2023 9:03 AM MDT

I sure hope not.  Fani Willis doesn't seem like the kind of DA that would do a plea deal without some jail time.  I really do hope she stands her ground, especially in light of all the co-defendants who have become canaries, thereby strengthening her case against Trump.  
      August 30, 2023 9:20 AM MDT

I don't think they will offer Trump a plea deal because Trump is a domestic terrorist and America doesn't negotiate with terrorists. If they do give him a plea deal there better be lot's of conditions. Trump would likely spin it to make it look like he won and still spread hate. By saying things like - the racist judge, Biden and the derange Jack Smith were hot to put me in jail so I took a plea deal so I would be free to fight for you. Cheers!
      August 30, 2023 11:49 AM MDT

Nailed it!
      August 30, 2023 3:18 PM MDT

That's a really good line. You should trademark it and make Trump pay to use it.  
      August 30, 2023 3:40 PM MDT

No way I would feel like a traitor if I did that. I would rather find a way to convince Trump that the best way to survive in prison is to show dominance by dropping the soap in the shower then bend down and pick it up in a manly man type of way. Cheers!  This post was edited by Nanoose at August 30, 2023 7:38 PM MDT
      August 30, 2023 4:00 PM MDT

It is election interference.  SuperTuesay is the next day.  

I will being voting for Trump. Policies matter. And his match mine. 
      August 31, 2023 4:55 AM MDT