Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Legal » Did you hear Trump's rant when he entered the courthouse today?

Did you hear Trump's rant when he entered the courthouse today?

Along with his usual witch hunt rant he also said a couple of things that might come back to bite him. 

He called the AG a racist - which might get a gag order placed on him. 

And when he was ranting about the value of his properties he said they are worth way more then he stated. And he added that the value he stated didn't even include the value of his brand name. But during his deposition he stated that the reason his assessment was so high was because it included the value of his brand name.  

Cheers!

Posted - October 2, 2023

Responses

To me it didn't look like it was a good day for Trump yesterday. And it is looking like it will be a even worse day for him today. Trump's former accountant Donald Bender testified that at one point he discovered that Trump and his company were withholding certain documents that should have been given to him as he compiled Trump's financial statements. 
    When Bender was asked if he learned at some point the Trump had not provided him with all related records, Bender said, "Yes." He added that they'd failed to to turn over "paper documents over a number of years." 

And he was the first wittnes of the day. Bet there will be a lot more bad news for Trump to come. Cheers!

This post was edited by Nanoose at October 4, 2023 3:40 PM MDT
      October 3, 2023 11:38 AM MDT

It wasn't a good day for Trump.  In addition to all of the stuff in this case, Forbes threw him off the 400 wealthiest persons list!  That had to smart.
      October 4, 2023 3:45 PM MDT

Trump said 80% of the case was thrown out, but the next morning the judge explained why Trump was wrong.
      October 3, 2023 1:38 PM MDT

80% of the case is beyond the statue of limitations.  If the judge does not follow the law, he is just ensuring an his ruling gets overturned. 
      October 3, 2023 7:32 PM MDT

I guess you're the expert...

October 4, 2023 5:14 AM MDT

Again, if he ignores statue of limitations, he is opening up an easy route to being overturned.  We will have to see how he rules on things. 

October 4, 2023 5:53 AM MDT

I don't know why you feel the need to repeat yourself. The judge is well aware that the statute of limitations applies to claims, but not to evidence, as am I. 
      October 4, 2023 8:53 AM MDT

I do get tired of having to repeat myself. 

As I said we will see how the judge rules on things as it goes forward.   This is a judge who has stated he believes he has the authority to overrule a jury, so we shall see if he sticks to the law. 
      October 4, 2023 1:08 PM MDT

Judges can overrule a jury in a civil trial. A jury can impose fines that are ridiculously high or low and the judge can overrule, for example. 
      October 4, 2023 3:42 PM MDT

The judge didn't ignore the statute of limitations.  His original rulings were within the statute and the issues have been adjudicated.  Period. Full stop.
      October 4, 2023 3:43 PM MDT

Don't bother. Her legal expertise is better than any judge, lawyer or law professor. And if you try to correct her, she just repeats the same thing over and over.
      October 4, 2023 3:46 PM MDT

I know that I'm wasting my breath and raising my anxiety level, but this is like a bad accident on the side of the road where you don't want to look, but you can't help yourself.
      October 4, 2023 3:48 PM MDT

Trump has a slim chance to actually win this case. He's just rabble-rousing to make sure that his base is properly disillusioned with the judicial system when it's time for the criminal cases in hopes creating another insurrection. So far, they seem to be buying it.
      October 4, 2023 3:57 PM MDT

His acolytes will buy anything that comes out of his mouth.
      October 4, 2023 4:03 PM MDT