Active Now

Danilo_G
Element 99
Discussion » Questions » Politics » Who the hell am I supposed to root for? Palestine or Israel or Hamas?

Who the hell am I supposed to root for? Palestine or Israel or Hamas?

Posted - October 22, 2023

Responses

Not going to state who to "root for."  I don't want some nut case online who might disagree to look me up.  Feelings run deep on this, I'm staying silent. 
      October 22, 2023 7:52 PM MDT

Certainly not Hamas, I would hope.
      October 22, 2023 8:32 PM MDT

Israel.   They were the ones attacked by Hamas on a holiday.  Hamas attacked Civilians...  children murdered in their beds, old people murdered in their beds, woman and teens raped so much it broke their pelvic bones.  Babies burnt.   

Palestinians elected Hamas over and over again. 
    Yet, Israel still has warned the Palestinian civilian  to leave...go to the south in Gaza because IDF is coming in to eliminate Hamas. 
    Hamas has one purpose to attack Israel.   When the EU donated and installed new water pipes for the people of Palestine.  Hamas dug up the pipes to make rockets out of them.  By rooting for Israel to eliminate Hamas and establish a new government  there, you are rooting for the Palestinian people who Hamas uses as human shields. 

Israel. This post was edited by my2cents at October 23, 2023 6:18 PM MDT
      October 23, 2023 4:55 AM MDT

Let me get this straight. The Palestine government elected Hamas? Putting its people right in the middle of this clusterf**k?
      October 23, 2023 7:58 AM MDT

Years ago.  And Hezbollah shares the Lebanese government with the Lebanese.   
      October 23, 2023 8:19 AM MDT

It's complicated. 
      October 23, 2023 11:20 AM MDT

THANK YOU!!!
      October 23, 2023 12:28 PM MDT

Yes Hamas are elected leaders of Palestine.  And they use their people as human shields. In schools, in hospitals, and are even preventing  civilians from fleeing to South Gaza. 
      October 23, 2023 12:09 PM MDT

GOT IT!!!
      October 23, 2023 12:28 PM MDT

I’m not rooting for anybody.  I would root against Hamas.
      October 23, 2023 8:48 AM MDT

The Arizona Diamondbacks.
      October 23, 2023 6:20 PM MDT

For anyone not treating war as inevitable.
      October 23, 2023 6:29 PM MDT

There's no quick solution, this war is fratricidal, has been raging for 3000 years and the side of the angels is not self-evident. Atrocities have been committed by both sides.
    Palestinians have dwelt in the region for centuries, but the Israelites lived there for a couple of millennia before the Palestinians even identified as a group, even having achieved self government for a couple of brief periods in the gaps between occupying powers - under the Judges and Kings (Saul and then the line of David) between the fall of Egypt and the rise of Assyria and Babylon, and again under the Hasmonean kings (Herods) between the fall of the Seleucids and the rise of Rome. By the rules of conquest, Israel has it - first gifted the land by the victorious British in the aftermath of the Second World War, they then wiped the floor with the entire Arab nation in just six days in 1967. They'd have been entirely justified in occupying Egypt, Jordan, Syria and Lebanon in toto and in perpetuity - they conquered that territory. As it was, they held only enough to give themselves defensible borders - a desert, a river, a mountain range. That said, it was dumb to build enclaves alongside the Palestinians in the occupied territories - clearing them out and declaring a DMZ a la Korea would have made more sense.
    It was also dumb to elect and continue re-electing Netanyahu. You'd think that of all the people in the world, the Jewish folks would be the first to identify a Nazi and denounce him rather than voting for him. This post was edited by Slartibartfast at October 28, 2023 9:51 AM MDT
      October 23, 2023 9:58 PM MDT

You had me until you called Netanyahu a Nazi.  
      October 24, 2023 7:06 AM MDT

The rhetoric is identical, he's just changed the scapegoat to the OTHER Abrahamic people.
      October 25, 2023 12:03 AM MDT

They attack Israel daily.  That is not rhetoric, that is not scapegoating.  Those are facts. Oct 7th being the worst attack since Israeli independence.  
    Nothing Nazi about defending your country no matter who the attacker is.  
      October 25, 2023 7:39 AM MDT

Both of them or neither of them.  My hope is for peace because I believe neither will ever achieve full victory over the other. 
      October 24, 2023 7:39 AM MDT