Active Now

Element 99
Danilo_G
Shuhak
Discussion » Questions » Life and Society » Have you ever had a maid?

Have you ever had a maid?

I sure could use one right now to make my breakfast which takes 3 minutes tops, take care of the floors and just generally be helpful.  I'm at the age with physical limitations that make just getting through the day a real effort.  

Posted - January 19

Responses

I haven't, but I think I could make a decent maid. Would you be willing to sponsor me for a visa? 

Also, I had no idea you were going through puberty--I'm so sorry.
      January 19, 2024 2:47 PM MST

Oh yes, my second childhood hahahaha.  But, seriously, do believe I'm beginning to slip a little.  Noticed it when I resumed my education back in 2019. My mind used to be a steel trap, now the hinges are rusty, I'm much slower than in the past, miss being quick.  
    So sorry, already have someone in mind to be my maid, just need to connect, it's been a few years. 
      January 19, 2024 3:35 PM MST

It's quite normal, and you still seem very sharp/quick to me. I'm a couple months from turning 30, but have realized the importance of maintaining the brain's fitness. Hope the reconnection goes well!
      January 19, 2024 3:58 PM MST

Thank you!
      January 19, 2024 5:02 PM MST

I have never had a maid, but I tried having a cleaning person once, and another time I had an aide because I was recovering from injuries and I needed assistance with a lot of things. In theory, having someone to help sounds wonderful,  but I was disappointed. Since you are the Boss Lady, you probably are comfortable with getting people to do things your way, but it is difficult for me. I felt like I needed to micro-manage and and worried about whether they resented it. So I ended up just accepting whatever they did, however they did it, and ended their services as soon as I could.
      January 19, 2024 6:42 PM MST

No, I've never had a maid.  I would love to have a cleaning lady, but I would first have to pack up everything in my closets that I don't wear or use so I could put away everything that's in boxes or on a chair so the cleaner would be able to get into all those nooks and crannies.  
      January 20, 2024 8:51 AM MST

Nope.. I'm pretty good at picking up after myself. 
      January 21, 2024 7:26 AM MST

Gee, I’d really have to go through the archives of The Harem to answer accurately, but just based on sheer numbers, there is definitely a distinct possibility that I may have had a maid or two without even realizing it.

Let me get back to you on this after checking the files.

[NOTE: We also need to take into account the fact that some aspects of a lady’s activities and her life outside The Harem aren’t revealed to me, so I could have had many maids over the years without knowing about it. Grrrrrrrr.]
      ~

March 15, 2024 8:05 AM MDT

Send her to my house, I have a lot of work for her. Tell her to put some clothing on first, I have a husband you know. 
      March 16, 2024 1:53 PM MDT

She’s wearing clothes! What are you talking about? I don’t see any problem here! Heck, from my perspective, she's fully dressed! (Maybe a little overdressed, really.. Grrrrrrrrr.)
      ~

March 16, 2024 3:51 PM MDT

My husband is the one who makes all those kind of decisions, I'll ask him. 
      March 17, 2024 10:22 AM MDT

No, she wasn't a virgin when I met her.
      March 15, 2024 3:07 PM MDT

Nope, a good friend of mine had a home cleaning business and the way she gossips about the people she cleans and the state of their homes makes me never want to hire someone to clean for me. I like hearing the gossip but I don’t want it to be about me. 
      March 15, 2024 6:11 PM MDT

Grrrrrrrrr.
      ~

March 15, 2024 7:02 PM MDT

Hey! Have you hacked in on my, Jane, Savvy, Livvie, Martina, Spunky, and Honey Dew/morning Star/Boss Lady’s/ group chat??!! 

March 15, 2024 7:11 PM MDT

That’s not the kind of thing I would do. (Cough, cough.)
      ~

March 15, 2024 9:15 PM MDT

No. 
    But there are programs for older people where they send people to help with housework and cooking etc. 
      March 17, 2024 5:38 AM MDT

I don't think I have ever had a maid!
      March 17, 2024 7:12 PM MDT