Active Now

Danilo_G
Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Current Events and News » Do you think Donald Trump should be allowed to attend his youngest son Barron's High school graduation?

Do you think Donald Trump should be allowed to attend his youngest son Barron's High school graduation?

I don't have a problem with that. Why should he not be there? His son did not do anything wrong. 

Posted - April 16

Responses

To be honest, I don't care one way or the other.  What I would like to know is what kind of relationship he has with Barron.  How much of a part does he play in Barron's life?  Trump never appears to me to be more than a sperm donor as far as Barron goes.  I'll leave the answer to your question up to wiser people than I. This post was edited by Spunky at April 16, 2024 12:47 PM MDT
      April 16, 2024 9:52 AM MDT

I don't think his relationship with his son is the point. Trump should have the same restrictions as any other defendant. 
      April 16, 2024 10:20 AM MDT

Only if all defendants in all criminal charges have the same right to attend important family events. Maybe if Trump hadn't come up with so many ways to delay the trial, it would be over with and he would be free to go where he pleases.
      April 16, 2024 10:18 AM MDT

Not only that, but he could have made an application to have that day off and he failed to do it.  
      April 16, 2024 10:48 AM MDT

Some journalists did research. He did not attend high school graduation for any of his four older children. 
      April 16, 2024 1:06 PM MDT

I'm not surprised.  If I recall, Ivana Trump once said that he took no interest at all in their children when they were growing up.
      April 16, 2024 1:46 PM MDT

Really? Because here he is introducing Eric and Ivanka to his pedophile friends, Epstein and Casablancas. 

April 16, 2024 4:03 PM MDT

And then kicked Esptien out of Maralago.   
    He is also the only person who offered to help any of Epstein's victims in their cases against Esptien.   

April 16, 2024 6:16 PM MDT

April 16, 2024 7:05 PM MDT

And.....

Does not change the facts....Trump kicked Epstien out of Maralago.   And helped the victims in the court case against Epstien.   

I have old friends who I no longer associate with because of actions they have taken.  I am sure we all do. 
      April 17, 2024 7:42 AM MDT

Bye, Felicia.
      April 17, 2024 8:19 AM MDT

April 17, 2024 1:13 PM MDT

Maybe the only reason Trump kicked Epstien out of Maralago was spite (over a property deal). And maybe the reason Trump helped the victims was to draw attention away from himself and on to Epstiten. There were plenty of rumors about Epstien being a pedo and I’m sure Trump heard them but he still brought his kids to pedo island. He also let his teenage daughter start a modeling job that was run by someone who was rumored to be a pedo and I’m sure Trump heard those rumors. I read body language very well and to me it is clear that those kids are scared and Trump knows that they are scared but he don’t care about that and he is forcing them to stay. Cheers!

April 17, 2024 9:09 AM MDT

April 17, 2024 9:57 AM MDT

There is NO claim that Trump or his kids ever visited Epstein's island from any docts or news outlet. 

But the fact is he booted Epstien out....because of how J E behaved while at Maralago.  

And was the only person the victims lawyer said helped him with info on J E. 
      April 17, 2024 1:23 PM MDT

The story goes that Trump banned Epstein after a member complained about him propositioning his daughter. Trump knew what Epstein was and had no issue with him finding victims among teens working at Mar-a-Lago. Trump decided Epstein was bad for business when it affected paying guests. So, there's no moral high ground for Trump there. 

April 17, 2024 3:05 PM MDT

He listened to his customer and gave JE the boot.  Before any of the arrests....do you know any other of the people on JE's circle who gave him the boot. I don't.   And yes, that is high ground to stand on. 

You do not know that Trump knew of JE actions before the client's complaint. To say he had no issue with it. 
      April 17, 2024 3:37 PM MDT

John Casablancas was more than rumored to be a pedophile. His first marriage ended over his affair with a 15-year-old. His second wife as 17, he was 51. He is the man on the other side of Epstein in the photo. Trump was one of the judges for his modeling contest and the links below detail how the two of them behaved around models as young as 14. It was puzzling to me how he could let Ivanka join that modeling agency. I never heard of Trump going to the island, but there is lots of evidence that he knew what Epstein and Casablancas were up to and had associations with them both. He is downplaying it now, but only his most ardent supporters are buying that.
      April 17, 2024 3:17 PM MDT

Perhaps you're right.
      April 16, 2024 9:25 PM MDT

I think he should be able to go.  (And think he will be allowed at the last moment....Judge said we will see)  I also think he should have been allowed to attend his Mother in law's funeral.  

I think those courtesies should apply to any defendant. 
      April 16, 2024 12:36 PM MDT

Once again, you have misunderstood what the judge said.  He didn't say Trump couldn't attend the funeral, he said he would not delay the trial.  Trump DID attend the funeral.

"D
    onald Trump skipped court to attend the funeral of his mother-in-law on Thursday, whom he credited with making his son Barron so tall with her home cooking."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/lifestyle/lifestyle-buzz/melania-trump-pays-tribute-to-ray-of-light-mother-at-her-funeral/ar-AA1nbPcN
      April 17, 2024 7:03 AM MDT

So it is ok to force a defendant to choose between a family funeral and the right to confront his accuser?  It should not be....the judge should have granted the continuance for the 1 day to attend the funeral.  
      April 17, 2024 1:26 PM MDT

It's jury selection.  He's not confronting his accuser.  
      April 17, 2024 9:39 PM MDT

The funeral was during the deflamation case...not the Bragg hush money case. 
      April 18, 2024 12:00 PM MDT