Active Now

Danilo_G
Element 99
Discussion » Questions » Politics » So what is your number?

So what is your number?

Mine is 1. 

Posted - Tue at 5:23 PM

Responses

I find many of those statements are variations on what I actually heard/read/watched.
    I find many of the statements too simplified.  (i.e., I never heard anyone say that the words "Don't Say Gay" were actually in a bill.)
    And I never heard anyone say that if you get the vaccination you wouldn't catch COVID.)

I did take his speech moments as mocking the reporter's disability. I watched and listened to him. If he wasn't mocking the reporter, I don't understand why he moved and talked like he did.

Whatever it was, January 6 was definitely not just a simple mostly peaceful protest. (And, yes, I saw many other previous over-the-top protests and I personally did not hear people call them mostly peaceful. Neither destroying property, nor breaking into property, is peaceful to me. I saw both activities on many protests, including the January 6 Capitol events.)

And many of these statements I don't even know to what they refer. Never heard about them.
      June 25, 2024 7:03 PM MDT

The statements are how the media reported things or media lied about things.  
    I know the media claim now that no one said if you get vaccinated you will not get covid.  I know they did.  They said it was 95% effective at PREVENTING covid infections.

Jan 6th was not an insurrection.  It was intended to be a protest.  There were people there who instigated and caused a riot...all of those people belong in prison.  But that was not most people and not all of the problem people were Trump supporters.  And it was not supported by Trump.  It did not benefit Trump. It stopped the legal Constitutional process that was happening to challenge the result in 5 separate states.  The riot stopped that process.  It was not an insurrection....it was protest that was instigated into a riot.

I believe Trump did mock the disabled reporter.  I guess my number is 1.  This post was edited by my2cents at June 27, 2024 3:35 PM MDT
      June 26, 2024 6:06 AM MDT

I get your points. And, I think right-leaning media can have their own slanted misrepresentations, too. We're all humans. we all have biases. I even believe we're all hypocrites in one way (or more).

However, in context of the entire day's events, Trump's choice to give a speech that day and his own words (and his words months going into the election)  I still find Trump instigated some of it. The excessive events could not have surprised anyone in my opinion. And I've heard about how some of the people were supposedly Democrats masquerading as Trump supporters.
    I personally think he just wants to make it all about him - - and if lots of people are royally mad, it looks good for him. They riot? Cool for him. Maybe he secretly paid people to go crazy (and I've already heard the stories about people opening doors/inviting/ masquerading -- they must be liberals escalating things).

Unsure of what you may have meant by numbers. If you believe Trump mocked the reporter, then you didn't fall for a "mainstream media hoax,;" seems that you took his words and actions for what they looked and sounded like. 

And, as far as that chart, I researched a bit on President Biden's words --  in the exact same speech, he later rephrased his words to a less 'extreme' take on the shots. Perhaps he realized his words and wanted to rephrase.

And, as you similarly said somewhere else about another person (on that same chart), no person in politics (or anywhere else) uniquely challenges my concept and goal of loving humanity. Everything Donald Trump does or says strikes me as insincere. The only sincerity from him that comes across to me is that he wants to serve himself, always; and how it will all somehow benefit him, and only him. He will do or say anything that he believes will benefit him.

I've gone on enough. I know we disagree. (And, yes, the things we do agree upon are much more fun to me, ha.)

This post was edited by WelbyQuentin at June 27, 2024 7:17 PM MDT
      June 27, 2024 3:35 PM MDT

I mean how many of these things listed do/did you believe?   Yes most are headlines, stories that were either known at the time or later not to be exactly the truth. 
      June 27, 2024 4:31 PM MDT

Thanks.
    My question wasn't phrased well. I was wondering if by your being a "1" if you believe you were hoaxed into believing that Trump mocked the reporter, or if you believed on your own that he mocked and still considered yourself a "1."

I believe he mocked and I think I didn't fall for any hoax. I just based my thoughts on him.

More and more, from watching, observing and listening, I believe people will believe what they want -- and if any media purports their slant on their individual personal beliefs, those facts  will be their facts. And they will ever continue to back and rationalize for their favorites.
      June 27, 2024 6:41 PM MDT

I mean there is 1 that I believe is truth.  Trump says he was not...but I think he was even if it was unconsciously  So that is my 1.    Obama did the same with McCain but also said he didn't....

The rest is was proven to be reported falsely. Quotes are clear...it was either said or not. 
    Snopes now admits the "very fine people" Trump was referring to were not the racists. 
    Hunter's laptop is now admitted to be authentic...not Russian disinformation...
    Etc...those things are not opinion based.
      June 27, 2024 8:45 PM MDT

Here is the fact check confirming Biden's quote from the CNN townhall. 
    https://www.newsweek.com/fact-check-joe-biden-spread-misinformation-covid-vaccines-1612181

June 27, 2024 5:27 PM MDT

Yes, i know he had said that quote up there.

Like I said, according to another source (which I didn't look closely at at the time and I'm tired right now to recheck) he did say that quote at first and seemed to have changed his mind/rephrased hiw words to less extreme meaning, based on the  quote I had read that supposedly he had said later.
    I didn't watch.

(And I do share my regret and sympathy to you and yours on what happened with, I believe, a family member of yours with the shot.)

This post was edited by WelbyQuentin at June 27, 2024 7:14 PM MDT
      June 27, 2024 6:30 PM MDT

Do I even want to ask why you think "SUV killed parade marchers" is a hoax? 

It makes light of people's deaths... I can only imagine your reaction if a migrant were reported to have done it. You'd be going after him and anyone remotely like him.
      June 26, 2024 4:19 AM MDT

The media headline was that as "an SUV" killed the parade goers ...instead of man...terrorist uses vehicle to murder  people...that is the hoax part.  It happened a terrorist, Darrell Edward Brooks Jr murdered people at a Christmas parade using his suv.   The SUV did not do anything....

Yes, I believe illegal aliens should be deported.  I make no apology for that belief. 
      June 26, 2024 5:30 AM MDT

I think I see what you're saying. The headline should read something like "Multiple people killed by wannabe rapper," in order to be fair. Same as it should if a migrant had done it (I didn't use the words "illegal aliens"). One can only hope right-wingers are equally discerning when it comes to their own. 

This seems why so many people won't trust sources that are, at the very least, more trustworthy than what strangers on the internet will tell them. Someone puts a horrible crime like that on a list of so-called hoaxes, on the technicality that headlines are supposedly blaming the car. Of course, there's a correlation here to "guns don't kill people." I know, I know--murder weapons are always innocent.

June 26, 2024 7:07 AM MDT

Technically, the headline is misleading as the SUV, on its own, couldn't have killed anyone.  Anyone with a functioning brain knows that someone had to be driving the SUV in order for it to have run into anyone.  
      June 26, 2024 7:56 AM MDT

Point is the media chose the words.  
    The SUV did not kill them just as guns do not kill people either.   People do the killing.  
      June 26, 2024 8:07 AM MDT

The difference is that most of the time, drivers don't go out with the express purpose of running over people.  There is a need for people to have cars.  Other than the military and police there is not much reason to have guns unless they are used and kept at a firing range.  
      June 26, 2024 10:41 AM MDT

Self Defense is a very valid reason for having a firearm.  I have called the police and they had to call back for directions....glad it was not an emergency.  It was about earlier shoots fired. 
      June 26, 2024 11:55 AM MDT

So, having a gun makes it easier to find you?  That's what GPS is for.  If whomever was shooting didn't have a gun in the first place, you wouldn't have had to call the police.
      June 26, 2024 12:05 PM MDT

Having a gun makes it easier to defend myself if needed while waiting for police response.   Not everyplace has good GPS signal or even on the map yet. 
      June 26, 2024 12:23 PM MDT

The map you posted is from 2013.  It's almost ten years late.  

By Inside Edition Staff
    First Published: 2:35 PM PDT, April 6, 2022

A new study says that eight out of 10 states with the highest murder rates all voted for Trump.

States controlled by Republicans have higher murder rates than blue states, according to a new study by Third Way, a center-left public policy think tank based in Washington, D.C.

https://www.insideedition.com/red-states-have-higher-murder-rates-than-blue-states-according-to-new-study-74227

"Eight of the top ten murder states, in terms of the increase in murder rates, are all red states,”

"The murder rate in the 25 states that voted for Donald Trump has exceeded the murder rate in the 25 states that voted for Joe Biden in every year from 2000 to 2020.

• Over this 21-year span, this Red State murder gap has steadily widened from a low of 9% more per capita red state murders in 2003 and 2004 to 44% more per capita red state murders in 2019, before settling back to 43% in 2020.
    • Altogether, the per capita Red State murder rate was 23% higher than the Blue State murder rate when all 21 years were combined.
    • If Blue State murder rates were as high as Red State murder rates, Biden-voting states would have suffered over 45,000 more murders between 2000 and 2020.
    • Even when murders in the largest cities in red states are removed, overall murder rates in Trump-voting states were 12% higher than Biden-voting states across this 21-year period and were higher in 18 of the 21 years observed."
    https://www.thirdway.org/report/the-two-decade-red-state-murder-problem
    This post was edited by Spunky at June 26, 2024 2:30 PM MDT
      June 26, 2024 2:26 PM MDT

It is not about the states as a whole. It is about the areas within the states. 
    For example my state, the dangerous areas are St Louis,  Kansas City. And my home state of Illinois  stay out of E St Louis and Chiraq (Chicago) This post was edited by my2cents at June 26, 2024 3:46 PM MDT
      June 26, 2024 3:44 PM MDT

That looks a lot like a list of right-wing propaganda, misinformation, and twisting of the facts. 
      June 26, 2024 4:55 AM MDT

No, these are things the media reported as facts and are proven falsely reported by the media. 
      June 26, 2024 5:13 AM MDT

You're going to believe what they tell you to believe. Again, twisted facts, misinformation and propaganda. Final znswer.
      June 26, 2024 9:03 AM MDT

The list is of things the media promoted with twisted facts, misinformation and propaganda....yep final answer. This post was edited by my2cents at June 26, 2024 10:15 AM MDT
      June 26, 2024 10:14 AM MDT

Are you surprised? This post was edited by Spunky at June 26, 2024 1:45 PM MDT
      June 26, 2024 12:05 PM MDT