Active Now

Danilo_G
Randy D
Discussion » Questions » Current Events and News » How do you feel about CNN not allowing press in the debate hall?

How do you feel about CNN not allowing press in the debate hall?

Posted - Thu at 5:44 PM

Responses

It's fine and the two debaters agreed to the rules, so they must be OK with it, too.  No need for another circus.
      June 27, 2024 6:36 PM MDT

Perhaps it's the best way -- no one there except the two gentlemen.

Let people make up their own minds.

No potential media hoaxes this time maybe.

:)
      June 27, 2024 6:53 PM MDT

The media spin and twists are always there.  And now fewer witnesses to the actual event. 
      June 27, 2024 8:19 PM MDT

Fewer witnesses?  MILLIONS of people were able to watch the debate.  Who are you kidding?
      June 27, 2024 10:07 PM MDT

No witnesses to anything that the camera was not on.  No witnesses to what happened during commercial breaks. No witness to all reactions to the other candidates reactions. 

But either way they were not able to hide Biden's incompetence. 
      June 28, 2024 6:10 AM MDT

Well what do you think happened or could of happened well the cameras were off? My guess is nothing happened because if something did happen Trump would have had something to say about it when the cameras were back on. As far as the incompetence goes Biden showed he did have accomplishments and he does have plans for more. But Trump showed he is still pushing lies that have been discredited and he would be OK with a Jan. 6th 2.0. Cheers and happy weekend!

June 28, 2024 8:12 AM MDT

I was not there and NO one else was either...so who knows. 
    Biden was the one still claimed debunked lies about Trump.
      June 29, 2024 12:57 PM MDT

The camera was on both of the candidates, where it belonged when they were answering.  They were probably taking a bathroom break during the commercials.  I don't care whether they were comparing sizes at the urinal.  What other candidate's reactions? This was a debate for the presidency.  

They may not have been able to hide Biden's poor performance but they couldn't hide Trump's outrageous number of lies either.  If you believe everything Trump says, you're even more gullible than I thought.

Is this really who you think is the best choice for the highest office in the land?

This post was edited by Spunky at June 29, 2024 9:54 PM MDT
      June 28, 2024 8:37 AM MDT

No lies by Trump.  

Biden showered with his daughter.  (Ashley Biden's diary confirmed)
    Liked little kids jumping on his lap after they rubbed his hairy legs....so that's how he learned about kids and ROACHES....Biden speech.
    Tarra Read says Biden sexually assaulted her. 
    We have all seen him sniff women and children.  
    Biden has used the DOJ to attack his political opponents.  
    Hunter has been taking money for the Big Guy for a long time.  
      June 29, 2024 7:00 AM MDT

And Trump fantasizes about boinking his daughter. 
      June 29, 2024 8:49 AM MDT

Ashley Biden is who said Joe Biden "took probably inappropriate showers" with her.    

None of Trump's children have ever even implied something like that.
      June 29, 2024 12:56 PM MDT

And Trump can't hide his insincerity, bullying, his it's-all-about-me attitude. Among many adjectives I have for him.
    And Trump's only three years younger than Biden
    And, thank God, Trump wasn't allowed to stalk behind Biden every time Biden talked, like he's done to at least one other candidate in the past.

Trump can't hide being what I find a dislikeable, rude leader. 

And, yeah, I know I'm not like so many others who adore him. And I don't care. 

I admit I didn't even watch because neither person in the debate will affect my vote.
    Both have already shown me who they are.

June 28, 2024 1:46 PM MDT

Get ready for TDS 2.0. This post was edited by my2cents at June 29, 2024 7:09 AM MDT
      June 29, 2024 3:41 AM MDT

Thanks a lot.

June 29, 2024 5:52 PM MDT

Trump was very sincere. Everything he said was true.  

Age only matters if it affects your abilities.   And this performance definitely showed us which candidate is being affected by his age. 
      June 29, 2024 7:05 AM MDT

I find him sincere in being all-about-him; all an act to be Number One for Everyone.. But the man has always struck me as one for whom I will not vote. I'm still open to see if he somehow is able to help me vote for him.

Others have said it better than I as far as Biden's effort in the debate but I get your point, yes. I've always said I've never been huge fan of biden, also. I wish he had done better. But like I said, I didn't even watch.

More importantly to me, I truly wish the general American political public would get along. And I truly wish the American government would consider working together. But some vehement people in the public, and some vehement government politicians, show all too well their disregard for working together.
    "I want it MY way or no way!"

I'm done.

Yes, I grew up finding it worthy to be myself, yet, to also respect others and their thoughts. And when in a  group working for a common goal, we'd all work together.
    I still find that a valuable trait for me as an individual. 
    And I find the current American political scene is on a different page than I wish to be.

Thanks for listening.

And it's best I listen to music now, to focus on what's good for me.

EDIT: And I do admit that I sometimes do the same thing -- wanting things my way. I find it all can be difficult. 

This post was edited by WelbyQuentin at June 29, 2024 9:55 PM MDT
      June 29, 2024 6:06 PM MDT

Truthfully I don't know your political positions well enough to say how close you align with Trump or Biden etc on POLICIES.   I know you do not like Trump's personality  and the way he words things. 

So I really could not point out what policies you may agree with.   
    Have you ever taken the www.isidewith.com  political quiz? 
    You answer several questions about political issues and can rate them in importance to you.  After you are done, it tells you which politicians most closely align with your  positions.   Also which party etc.  
      June 29, 2024 6:48 PM MDT

Yes, I've already heard this morning that the Democratic Party is in a "panic" -- that used by many media sites, including liberal and conservative.

June 28, 2024 1:49 PM MDT

Panic set in directly after the debate...on CNN they began talking about Joe needing to step down. 
      June 29, 2024 7:08 AM MDT

I feel the same about any and everything that is CNN or any other Dem propaganda outlet. 
      June 28, 2024 1:08 PM MDT

I didn't much about it one way or the other. I assumed that no audience meant no press. I think that having no audience turned out to be a mistake, though. 
      June 28, 2024 7:42 PM MDT

I was surprised at how well the format worked.   Even more by the moderators. 
      June 29, 2024 7:10 AM MDT

The moderators who made no effort to get anyone to actually answer the questions? 
      June 29, 2024 8:51 AM MDT

The moderators did try and get answers, but after asking twice and still not getting the responses, they moved on.  You could have asked Trump the same question that he didn't want to answer ten times and he would have talked about everything else.  No point in belaboring it.
      June 29, 2024 10:24 AM MDT