Discussion » Questions » Current Events and News » How do you feel about CNN not allowing press in the debate hall?

How do you feel about CNN not allowing press in the debate hall?

Posted - June 27

Responses

Panic set in directly after the debate...on CNN they began talking about Joe needing to step down. 
      June 29, 2024 7:08 AM MDT

They are following their script.
      July 1, 2024 1:28 PM MDT

I feel the same about any and everything that is CNN or any other Dem propaganda outlet. 
      June 28, 2024 1:08 PM MDT

I didn't much about it one way or the other. I assumed that no audience meant no press. I think that having no audience turned out to be a mistake, though. 
      June 28, 2024 7:42 PM MDT

I was surprised at how well the format worked.   Even more by the moderators. 
      June 29, 2024 7:10 AM MDT

The moderators who made no effort to get anyone to actually answer the questions? 
      June 29, 2024 8:51 AM MDT

The moderators did try and get answers, but after asking twice and still not getting the responses, they moved on.  You could have asked Trump the same question that he didn't want to answer ten times and he would have talked about everything else.  No point in belaboring it.
      June 29, 2024 10:24 AM MDT

He did answer....what question did he not answer?
      June 29, 2024 12:52 PM MDT

The American people were the clear loser in the debate. Trump obfuscated, prevaricated and outright lied throughout. Biden has been in decline for a while, he looked feeble. Neither appeared fit for office.

June 28, 2024 10:03 PM MDT

Just what did Trump lie about? Seems like Biden was doing all the lying, as he always does. Trump cleaned Biden's clock. How is it going to be when Trump gets back in the White House. TDS 2,0? 

This post was edited by my2cents at June 29, 2024 6:30 PM MDT
      June 29, 2024 3:36 AM MDT

"He wants to raise your taxes by four times"
    THE FACTS: That's complete BS, Biden actually wants to freeze tax rises on anyone making less than $400,000 annually which means the vast majority of taxpayers - including you, I dare say.

"I offered her 10,000 soldiers or National Guard and she turned them down"
    THE FACTS: Nancy Pelosi did NOT direct the National Guard. Further, as the Capitol came under attack, she and then Senate Majority leader Mitch McConnell called for military assistance, including from the National Guard, but they lacked the authority to do so.
    The Capitol Police Board makes the decision on whether to call National Guard troops to the Capitol. It is made up if the House Sergeant at Arms, the Senate Sergeant at Arms and the Architect of the Capitol. The Board decided not to call the Guard ahead of the insurrection but did request assistance after the rioting had begun.

"They talk about a small number of people that went to the Capitol and in many cases were ushered in by police"
    THE FACTS: That's false. The attack on the US Capitol was the deadliest assault on the seat of American power in over 200 years. As thoroughly documented by video, photographs and people who were there, thousands of people, stirred up by an inflammatory speech by Trump, descended on Capitol Hill in what became a brutal scene of hand-to-hand combat with police.
    In an internal memo on March 7, 2023, US Capitol Police Chief J Thomas Manger said that the allegation that "our officers helped the rioters and acted as 'tour guides' is outrageous and false." A Capitol Police spokesman confirmed the memo's authenticity to Associated Press.
    More than 1400 people have been charged with Federal crimes stemming from the riot. More than 850 people have pleaded guilty to crimes, and 200 more who pleaded innocent have been convicted at trial.

"On January 6th we had the lowest taxes ever. We had the lowest regulation ever on January 6th"
    THE FACTS: The current Federal income tax was only instituted in 1913, and tax rates have fluctuated significantly in the decades since. Rates were lower in the 1920s, just prior to the Great Depression. Trump did cut taxes (for the rich) during his time in the White House but the rates weren't the lowest in history.
    Government regulations have also ebbed and flowed in the country's history, but there's necessarily been an increase in regulations as the country modernized and the population grew. While Trump slashed some regulations,  he didn't take the country back to the less regulated days of its past.

"During my four years, I had the best environmental numbers ever ... I support immaculate air and water."
    THE FACTS: That's an outright lie, during his presidency Trump rolled back some provisions of the Clean Water Act, eased regulations on coal, oil and gas companies and pulled the US out of the Paris Climate Accord. When wildfires struck California in 2020, Trump dismissed the scientific consensus that climate change had played a role. Trump also dismissed scientists' warnings about climate change and routinely proposed deep cuts to the Environmental Protection Agency. Those reductions were blocked by Democratic and Republican lawmakers.

"The problem they have is they're radical because they will take the life of a child in the eighth month, the ninth month,  and even after birth, after birth"
    THE FACTS: Trump inaccurately referred to abortions after birth and doubled down on it. Infanticide is criminalized in every state, and no state has ever passed a law that allows killing a baby after birth.
    Abortion rights advocates say terms like this and "late term abortions" attempt to stigmatize abortions later in pregnancy. These are exceedingly rare. In 2020, less than 1% of abortions in the United States were performed at or after 21 weeks, and only as the result of serious complications that put the life of the woman or fetus at risk, medical experts say. I'm most cases these were WANTED pregnancies.
    Regardless of one's personal position on abortion (I'm against), Trump's claim is a lie.

On reporter Evan Gerschkovich, detained in Russia: "He should have had him out a long time ago, but Putin's probably asking for billions and billions of dollars because this guy pays it every time."
    THE FACTS: Biden has never paid any sort of monetary fee to secure the release of hostages and wrongfully detained Americans. There's also zero evidence that Putin is asking for money in order to free Gerschkovich. Just like during the Trump administration, the deals during the Biden administration that have brought home hostages and detainees involved prisoner swaps, not money transfers.
    Trump's reference to money MAY be a mistaken referral to the 2023 deal in which the US secured the release of five detained Americans in Iran after billions of dollars in frozen Iranian assets were transferred from banks in South Korea to Qatar. The US has said that the money would be held in restricted accounts and will only be able to be used for humanitarian goods such as medicines and food.

That's a few off the top. There were more. This post was edited by Slartibartfast at June 30, 2024 8:02 PM MDT
      June 29, 2024 8:49 PM MDT

Where are you getting your "FACTS" from, Constipated News Network, or Moonbats Spewing Nothing But Crap? This post was edited by my2cents at June 30, 2024 6:57 PM MDT
      June 30, 2024 6:05 PM MDT

Associated Prsss - well known to be politically neutral. If you want to continue drinking the propaganda Kool-Aid from the Nazi Trumpican Party, feel free - but those things were said by Trump during the dabate and are independently verifiable. He's a liar, a convicted felon and a fascist. This post was edited by Slartibartfast at June 30, 2024 8:51 PM MDT
      June 30, 2024 8:49 PM MDT

And he will be our next president. You're the one guzzling the Kool-Aid believing the bs being spewed by the Associated Depressed. Just keep your head where the sun don't shine and remain blissful. 
    You're going to find out real fast that I don't put up with the ignorance and stupidity of the left.

This post was edited by Chief Ten Beers at July 1, 2024 2:12 AM MDT
      July 1, 2024 2:06 AM MDT

And I don't put up with the pigheadedness and outright selfishness of the ultra right. Conservatives I can tolerate. But RWNJs are an insult to the soldiers who fell at the Battle of the Bulge, by existing. They died fighting AGAINST fascism.
    If His Royal Orangeness wins in November, there will be no election in 2028. Or ever, until he dies. Unless he manages to overturn the 22nd Amendment, and then there might be a sham election. That's how despots work.
    Also, please change your user name and avatar. Native Americans DIDN'T vote for Trump and won't this time, so you're insulting them too. The majority are political moderates, according to exit polls in 2020. This post was edited by Slartibartfast at July 2, 2024 1:00 AM MDT
      July 2, 2024 12:46 AM MDT

He lied by not answering questions such as whether he would accept the election outcome win or lose.
      June 29, 2024 9:53 PM MDT

He answered that question.  

TRUMP:  If it’s a fair and legal and good election – absolutely. I would have much rather accepted these but the fraud and everything else was ridiculous that if you want, we’ll have a news conference on it in a week or we’ll have another one of these on – in a week.

But I will absolutely – there’s nothing I’d rather do. It would be much easier for me to do that than I’m running again. I wasn’t really going to run until I saw the horrible job he did. He’s destroying our country.

June 30, 2024 6:39 AM MDT

But he waffled with the “fair and legal and good election”part.

If he loses, he’ll simply say it wasn’t fair and legal as he did in 2020.
      June 30, 2024 11:36 PM MDT

He did answer it, at least twice. Next.
      June 30, 2024 5:59 PM MDT

Biden was clear loser.  American are going win as soon as Trump get back in. 
      June 29, 2024 7:14 AM MDT

Doesn’t matter. What’s clear is that Democratic leaders like Obama, Bill Clinton, Schumer, and Jeffries need to meet with Biden and prevail upon him to step aside so the party can select a different nominee at the convention.
      June 29, 2024 9:57 PM MDT

Hi, Stu! I'm sure there are more important matters, but it's good to see you here again. AM can uze it. This post was edited by Danilo_G at June 30, 2024 11:33 PM MDT
      June 30, 2024 4:33 AM MDT