Active Now

Randy D
DannyPetti
my2cents
Discussion » Questions » Politics » What are the “black” jobs in America?

What are the “black” jobs in America?

At the debate last night Trump said 3 or 4 times that migrants are coming into the country and taking the black jobs. It confused me because I didn’t think there were any jobs in America that were specifically for black people (not since Abraham Lincoln days anyway). Cheers and happy weekend!

Posted - Fri at 3:41 PM

Responses

I'm sure he was referring to those jobs that pay minimum wage and don't require much higher education.
      June 28, 2024 6:23 PM MDT

Trump is after the black vote and he says things like – blacks can relate to him because he was locked up. Or blacks like him because of his basketball shoes. So I think when he said the migrants are taking the blacks jobs it was more of his stereo type thinking (blacks have the lower paying jobs). Cheers and happy weekend!

This post was edited by Nanoose at June 29, 2024 6:59 PM MDT
      June 28, 2024 7:00 PM MDT

Not to mention bringing Black gang members on stage to endorse him, because accused murderer/rappers are who he thinks Black people look up to. 
      June 29, 2024 6:44 AM MDT

Trump always seems to make sure he has blacks standing behind him at photo OPs. If their great great great Grandma was alive she would be calling them Uncle Tom. Cheers and happy weekend!

June 29, 2024 7:22 AM MDT

Unlce Tom....another racist term. 
      June 29, 2024 7:36 AM MDT

It wasn't a racist term 300 + years ago. It was what slaves called a black slave that worked for the master by doing a bit of whipping for him or letting him know if the other slaves were getting uppity. So if a 300 + year old grandma was alive today and she used the term Uncle Tom – she wouldn’t be a racist – she would just be telling it like it is. Cheers and happy weekend!

June 29, 2024 7:57 AM MDT

But I thought we are supposed to apply our standards to the people of the past....is that not why so many were trying to tear down statues of past leaders....
      June 29, 2024 8:51 AM MDT

Biden had Fat Joe and E-40 at his 20 speech today (not long enough to call it a rally)   Fat Joe has been arrested for robbery, assault, tied with a murderer (his body guard) and taxes. 
    E-40  has a gun arrest and a DUI.

Both also former? Gang members.  This post was edited by my2cents at June 29, 2024 3:05 PM MDT
      June 29, 2024 3:00 PM MDT

So that's the same as current gang members who are out on bail after being charged with murder?  OK, then. I don't know if what you say is true, but it doesn't change anything.
      June 29, 2024 3:49 PM MDT

I agree with Nanoose, it was Trump saying that Blacks and Hispanics are only qualified for the most menial jobs. 
      June 28, 2024 7:33 PM MDT

NBA?
      June 28, 2024 8:40 PM MDT

President. The last good one was black.
      June 28, 2024 9:56 PM MDT

I heard he wasn’t really president because he was born in Africa. Of coarse I heard it from Donald J Trump so take it for what it is worth. Cheers and happy weekend!

June 29, 2024 8:07 AM MDT

His Mom was a citizen so it does not matter where he was born.  He was a citizen when he was born. ie. a natural born citizen.   

He was not a good President but nothing to do with his birthplace wherever you believe it was. 
      June 29, 2024 8:50 AM MDT

He was born in Honolulu, so the nationality of his parents ceases to matter. He's a natural born citizen of the United States because he was born in the United States. Fourteenth Amendment.
      June 30, 2024 8:06 AM MDT

Ted Cruz was born in Canada and we never heard any of this 'birther' nonsense about him when he was running for president. I wonder what the difference could be between Kenya and Canada? Of course,  being born to an American citizen is what makes you a natural born citizen, but that's  a minor detail.
      June 29, 2024 9:26 AM MDT

Cruz also had birther issues.  And as a result learned he was a dual citizen of both USA and Canada.  He did not  know because he had been told he would need to formally apply for citizenship in Canada.  Upon learning this, he formally renounced his Canadian citizenship in 2014. 

But he is a natural citizen of the USA through his Mother's USA citizenship at the time of his birth....same as Obama.  

But Yes, there were legal challenges to Cruz's Presidential eligibility, as well. This post was edited by my2cents at June 29, 2024 12:50 PM MDT
      June 29, 2024 12:49 PM MDT

He also said the illegals (aliens) were taken jobs from Hispanics and others.  
    If an illegal takes 1 job, it is 1 job too many and it drives wages down. 

Illegals take jobs that do not require a college education.  

June 29, 2024 7:34 AM MDT

Working in a coal mine?  Coal is black and I suppose some of it rubs off on the miners.

June 29, 2024 10:47 AM MDT

Break it down - its Hammer Time.

It was easy for Trump to say that the migrants are taking the black jobs away. But it would have been real hard for him to say that he has a plan on how to make it so blacks and Hispanics can say – low paying jobs – we don’t need no stinking low paying jobs. Schools should be preparing blacks and hispanics for well paying - satisfying jobs. But lot’s of black and hispanics are relegated to poorly resourced schools.

Trump doesn't care if a migrant or a black flips the burger – he just cares that the burger gets flipped. And I think the person Trump picked for his Minister of education proves it. She did everything she could to cut funding to public education and increase funding to private schools. Cheers!

June 30, 2024 7:57 AM MDT

Trump knows that an educated voter will probably be less likely to vote for him.  Therefore, decreasing educational funding is paramount to his objectives.
      June 30, 2024 10:24 AM MDT