Active Now

Element 99
Zack
DannyPetti
Shuhak
Discussion » Questions » Politics » What is your favorite joke from the DNC?

What is your favorite joke from the DNC?

Mine is when Kenan Thompson brought out a Project 2025 book and said - it is the only book big enough to kill a small animal and democracy at the same time. Cheers and happy weekend! 

Posted - August 30

Responses

Fear mongering about a think tank project that is not Trump's.   

Trump's positions are posted on his website it is referred to as Agenga 47. 
      August 30, 2024 8:30 AM MDT

August 30, 2024 9:45 AM MDT

Again ONLY the parts highlighted in red are Trump Agenda 47 policies. 
    This post was edited by my2cents at August 30, 2024 6:41 PM MDT
      August 30, 2024 10:21 AM MDT

I wasn't going to comment further, but I find interesting that you found only these overlaps in your intensive study of Project 2025.

August 30, 2024 12:24 PM MDT

Yet they do not list what those supposed 80 and 170 and 21 proposals are....forgive me if I doubt CBS or other MSM and their reporting about Trump. This post was edited by my2cents at August 30, 2024 12:49 PM MDT
      August 30, 2024 12:45 PM MDT

Forgive me, if I  doubt every word that comes out of Trumps mouth.  It's not the first time he's pretended to be unfamiliar with something he is involved with.  This post was edited by Jane S at August 31, 2024 2:36 PM MDT
      August 30, 2024 1:20 PM MDT

If this was the case all they had to do was list some that are not obviously agreements.  
    Of course Trump as a conservative will agree with Heritage on some issues. But they are more extreme on.some.  For example abortion....they want a national ban Trump does not.  He believes it should be up to the voters in each state.  I personally agree with the Heritage foundation on that. 
      August 30, 2024 1:50 PM MDT

I don't even know what you want them to list. But I am getting the impression that you are unlikely to do your research, or even look further into the research that others have done. Trump is counting on that.
      August 30, 2024 2:13 PM MDT

If there are 25 articles contrary to someone's opinion and one article in support, Magadonians will cite only that one article as undisputed fact.  
      August 30, 2024 2:31 PM MDT

I just gave you an example of something he does not agree with on P25.  So give me an example so sometime extreme in there that Trump agrees with or that is not a normal conservative policy. 
      August 30, 2024 2:56 PM MDT

From the link I  provided :

August 30, 2024 5:25 PM MDT

These are policies that most conservatives agree with...and are highlighted above as something Trump supports. (I missed the Dept of Ed...I don't think I was aware of his position when I highlighted them....I have updated the highlighted)

Kamala just agreed to eliminate the EV mandate as well..so guess she is making P2025 hers as well. 

This post was edited by my2cents at August 30, 2024 6:44 PM MDT
      August 30, 2024 6:34 PM MDT

All of Trump’s books were written by ghosts writers. So maybe the Heritage Foundation were Trump’s ghosts writers for his Project 2025 book. Cheers and happy weekend!

August 30, 2024 12:34 PM MDT

Again Project 2025 is not Trump's....
      August 30, 2024 12:50 PM MDT

You are correct. Trump did not initiate, fund, co-author or work on Project 2025. In fact, the idea that he has even read a 900+ page document with no pictures is unlikely. And yet, the people responsible for Project 2025 are the same people that advise, donate to and help shape policy for Trump.

If you actually read the document, based on your posts on this site, I think you would support it. TBH, I only got through about two-thirds to three-quarters of it. Some parts of it are just not areas I understand well, like agriculture. But much of it mirrors Trump talking points.

I think Trump is only distancing himself from it to try to reassure undecided voters. And possibly to avoid giving credit to anyone else for his future actions.

August 30, 2024 2:02 PM MDT

Are all the things listed above in P2025?   If they are then as I said only the things I highlighted are in Trump's Agenda47.  P25 is being used by Dems as a scare tactic.  

Again, of course there things in it that Trump (and myself) agrees with.  If that were not the case, Trump would still be a Democrat. This post was edited by my2cents at August 30, 2024 4:25 PM MDT
      August 30, 2024 3:00 PM MDT

No, they are not all part of Project  2025. I finally tracked down your image and it's a Twitter meme. Believe it or not, there are liberals who also make oversimplified and exaggerated posts, which then get believed and re-used and re-posted.  The real Project 2025 has many more proposals, supposedly 100's, but I didn't count them. 

I did note, during my reading of it, many mentions of reinstating various Trump executive orders, so I would assume those proposals meet with his approval.

However, I am not going to summarize the document and cite where Trumps comments or policies align.

Your position is clear and immovable. But maybe just entertain the notion that Trump may occasionally be influenced by people on his team that co-authored this mandate.

August 30, 2024 10:19 PM MDT

Of course it was created by a leftist trying to lie about Trump's policies  and Kamala has jumped on it to use as a boogeyman to scare people.  Why would Trump bother with such a distraction?  He has his policies on his website for all to see,  he does media interviews (for much longer than 18 minutes and does them solo on his own two feet) unlike the Dem nominee who still does not have clear polices on her site. Or done a single solo interview explaining her policies which she has been flipping and flopping on. This post was edited by my2cents at August 31, 2024 6:10 AM MDT
      August 31, 2024 6:07 AM MDT

I have not seen Kamala Harris use that Twitter meme. But you used it, as you have used other unverified Twitter memes. Twitter is not a reliable source. 

The fact that Harris does not accede to right-wing demands for when and how to communicate her positions is not a problem IMO. She said nothing new in her interview because she has been openly communicating her positions.

Trump's agenda is a list, not a plan of how to accomplish it. 

Joint interviews with both candidates on the ticket is normal. She is running an abbreviated campaign  and doing a fine job of it. 

August 31, 2024 7:07 AM MDT

I did not say used that particular graphic, I said she is using P2025 as a boogeyman to scare people with.  Just go to her site while there are no policies of her own there are plenty of references to P2025.   

It is not what the right expects of her, it is what the American people expect of any candidate to tell us your policies and be able to expand on them when asked about it.   I believe the Dems know she is a throw away candidate and are just hoping she does not drag down the Congress with her. But this way they do not tarnish a new frontrunner for 2028 by having them face off with Trump this time.  Biden even said it outloud he was stepping down to they could concentrate on down ballot races. 

Joint interviews are normal but not for the nominees first actual interview.  18 mins that is a joke and Dana spoke for 6 of those 18 mins.   The debate is gonna be great. 
      August 31, 2024 7:23 AM MDT

Bottom line is, you don't really care what Harris says, you will vote MAGA regardless. I don't really care what she says either. I will vote against MAGA regardless.

August 31, 2024 8:00 AM MDT

I have never implied that getting me to vote for Kamala or any other Democrat was ever possible.  
    I vote policies and any Dem that agreed with my polices would never get a Dem nomination for any office. 

But glad to see some people are at least honest enough to say that it is just about Orange Man Bad and not about supporting policies they agree with. 
      August 31, 2024 9:32 AM MDT

My priority in voting in this election is about CHARACTER.  The country deserves a leader who puts country before self. I have been honest about that. In prior elections I was able to vote on policy, because both candidates exhibited some level of decency, compassion, empathy, respect for the law and the Constitution, and morals. Trump is not someone I want the younger generation to look up to or emulate.
      August 31, 2024 10:42 AM MDT

The Dem policies do not put the Country first....that is the problem.  
    When Clinton was in office what mattered most?  His affairs with an intern and others or the "free trade" deals he passed and the law he passed that allowed banks to bundle subprime mortgages as sound investments. (Yes Bush should have fixed that) or the Welfare to Work programs, etc matter more?  Of course, the policies mattered more. 

And these policies are simply not good for the country. 
      August 31, 2024 1:06 PM MDT