Active Now

CosmicWunderkind
Shuhak
Spunky
Discussion » Questions » Politics » What is your favorite joke from the DNC?

What is your favorite joke from the DNC?

Mine is when Kenan Thompson brought out a Project 2025 book and said - it is the only book big enough to kill a small animal and democracy at the same time. Cheers and happy weekend! 

Posted - August 30

Responses

Ooh, another Twitter meme! That's all I need to know!
      August 31, 2024 1:25 PM MDT

Those are all policies I know she has supported I personally have heard her say them.   (Most memes are not from X.  I am not on X.  But also everything is also on X. Even news site everything is on X. It was youtube now it is X. 
      August 31, 2024 2:12 PM MDT

YouTube is still YouTube.  X was Twitter.  You know, the site for twits.
      August 31, 2024 2:14 PM MDT

Yes but the new article do not link to YouTube videos anymore.  They link to X.  No one claimed youtube is gone or called something else....
      August 31, 2024 2:20 PM MDT

YOUR WORDS

"It was youtube now it is X."

August 31, 2024 2:25 PM MDT

Yes read all of the context before........
    everything used to link to YouTube....(it was youtube)
    but now everything links to X. (Now it is X.)
      August 31, 2024 2:33 PM MDT

Maybe you need to be clearer when you write something.  
      August 31, 2024 2:35 PM MDT

She must have had a private conversation with you, if you heard her personally say them. Regardless of where that graphic came from, it is a distortion of the truth, at best, with some outright falsehoods. But chances are, no matter where you found it, it originated on a social media site like X. Posting these graphics, instead of citing a legitimate source not going to impress anyone who actually follows politics. 
      August 31, 2024 3:11 PM MDT

Most meme originate on sites like 4chan and reddit not X.   I don't go there either. 
    As you said, the quote with sources would not change your opinion.  So the graphic will work for my purpose. 

As I said, I have heard her say all of these things over from when she was running in 2020 to now.  Anyone who follows politics knows she indeed said them. 
      August 31, 2024 3:35 PM MDT

Okay...
      August 31, 2024 4:15 PM MDT

ICE:
    “I think there’s no question that we’ve got to critically re-examine ICE and its role and the way that it is being administered and the work it is doing,” she told MSNBC. “And we need to probably think about starting from scratch.”

Open Border:
    Just look at what she has done with it. 

Defund the Police:
    Harris said in the June radio interview the movement “rightly” called out the amount of money spent on police departments instead of community services such as education, housing, and healthcare, emphasizing that more police did not equate to more public safety.
    “This whole movement is about rightly saying, we need to take a look at these budgets and figure out whether it reflects the right priorities,” Harris said on a New York-based radio program “Ebro in the Morning” on June 9, 2020, adding that US cities were “militarizing police” but “defunding public schools.”

Raised money to bail out violent criminals:
    Kamala Harris, who tweeted "If you're able to, chip in now to the @MNFreedomFund to help post bail for those protesting on the ground in Minnesota."

Harris on Fracking:
    September 2019 town hall meeting saying, "There's no question I'm in favor of banning fracking."

Harris on Ending Fossil fuels:
    She was an original co sponsor to the Green New Deal

2nd amendment:
    “Upon being elected, I will give the United States Congress a hundred days to get their act together and have the courage to pass reasonable gun safety laws,” Harris said during an April 2019 CNN town hall. “If they fail to do it, then I will take executive action.”

Taking Away insurance plans of millions of families:
    Medicare for All....this removes currently insured people's insurance policies 

Tax increase on Middle Class:
    Harris has repeatedly said she will repeal the Trump tax cut from 2017. This would increase taxes on the middle class (and all tax payers)

September 1, 2024 6:44 AM MDT

It would take way too long too explain all those misinterpreted quotes and you don't care anyway. But thanks for posting - it will help informed voters to understand how the right twists things to suit their narrative.  And how the MAGA base accepts it.

BTW, I was aware of all those statements. And I still say your graphic is misinformation. 
      September 1, 2024 8:45 AM MDT

Those are direct quotes and actions she has said/taken...not twists.  Now she may have changed positions but she still has not bothered to put Those positions on her website or do a press conference to confirm her positions.   But she did repeatedly say her values have not changed....now what that means for her policies. 
      September 1, 2024 9:18 AM MDT

Let's take any easy one: Reasonable gun safety laws becomes 'confiscating guns from legal gun owners'. Really? 

I'm not going through the rest. Most people are smart enough to understand without me interpreting it for them. 

I know you won't be able to resist having the last word, but it won't change the fact that some people have critical thinking skills and some don't.
      September 1, 2024 10:26 AM MDT

Bloomberg disagrees with you. 

Notice the word mandatory....that means legal gun owners would be required to sell their legally owned gun. 
      September 1, 2024 11:11 AM MDT

King Log is always preferable to King Stork. Just opposing P2025 and A47 are reasons enough to vote for her. Try reading Aesop some time.
    In exercising franchise (which all responsible citizens should do), there is not always somebody whom you particularly want to vote for. There is invariably somebody whom you want to vote AGAINST. That's how Joe got elected, and how Kamala will be - just by NOT being Trump.
      August 31, 2024 9:23 AM MDT

The only vote I regret is voting 3rd party (against the Rep) for Senator in my State.   I did not like a ignorant statement he said about pregnancy not being possible from rape.   I should have just chalked it up to a stupid statement but he would have voted for all of my policy positions. Instead I was stuck with a Dem for 2 terms.    Never again.   Policies are what matter.

Again what policies in the Agenda47 is so bad? 
      August 31, 2024 9:46 AM MDT

At least three of them require a change to the Constitution, he's not going to get 30 State legislatures to ratify that. Also, stacking the courts is a clear cut case of the Executive branch interfering with the Judicial, clearly contravening the Declaration of Independence.
    He wants to be a dictator,  a potentate. I've been referring to him as His Royal Orangeness for years. If he gets elected in November,  there won't be an election in 2028 if he lives that long. Or ever, while he still lives. His Brownshirts will see to that.
      August 31, 2024 9:52 AM MDT

Trump is not the one planning to pack the courts that is a Dem play book.  POTUS does appoint judges after they have retired from the bench.  That is how it works and is not unconstitutional at all. That is what the Constitution says is to happen. POTUS appoints and Senate approves or disapproves the nominee.  

So what else you got? This post was edited by my2cents at August 31, 2024 10:01 AM MDT
      August 31, 2024 9:58 AM MDT

https://time.com/6074707/republicans-courts-congress-mcconnell/
      August 31, 2024 11:38 AM MDT

That is NOT packing the court.  That is fulfilling the job of appointing judges to the vacancies in the bench as they come up.  If the Dem Presidents have not been doing that part of their job that is a failure on their part.
      August 31, 2024 12:49 PM MDT

That's what you got out of the article? Okay, then....
      August 31, 2024 1:16 PM MDT

That is what it is talking about.  It even said both Clinton and Obama left 100 vacancies on the courts to be filled by the incoming Rep POTUS.   That was a failure on their part. 
      August 31, 2024 2:22 PM MDT

You missed the reason why.

August 31, 2024 2:59 PM MDT

Actually your article is incorrect on the number of vacancies inherited Bush W did not start off with over 100 vacancies. 

But regardless it is the Senate's responsibility to approve or deny a nomination.  They are not obligated to approve.  It is one thing McConnell did not betray Republicans on....

September 1, 2024 6:41 AM MDT