Active Now

Shuhak
Discussion » Questions » Politics » Do you have an announcement?

Do you have an announcement?

I do – I’m now embracing my TDS.

In the past I have been told many times that I have TDS. And I tried to convince myself that I didn’t because I watch a lot of Gilligan’s Island reruns and a person with TDS wouldn’t do that. But now that the election is close – I’m going to embrace my TDS and keep a close eye on Trump to make sure he doesn't destroy democracy. Cheers!

Posted - September 3

Responses

You know they say the first step to recovery is admitting the problem.  ;) 

But you do know that USA is not a democracy.  We are a Republic.  Democracy is just majority rules. Republics have protections for the minorities in their countries. 
      September 3, 2024 8:56 AM MDT

Deleted my post and the following  thread. I regret participating in a pointless argument. I do not concede the point but I recognize that most people already know the correct answer.
      September 7, 2024 7:22 AM MDT

Yes most people do know our form of government is a republic. 
      September 7, 2024 8:47 AM MDT

Not likely. Our schools don't teach that. Too busy teaching them gender studies.
      September 7, 2024 11:33 AM MDT

You are probably right.  I remember learning it as an adult and being aggravated that I was taught wrong.  

Just as we (Or at least I was) taught that Columbus landed on the American coastline.  He landed in the Bahamas.  Also that he was likely Jewish and looking for a new homeland as Jews were told to leave Spain. 
      September 7, 2024 1:04 PM MDT

Never heard the Jewish thing about him. Needs more research. I shall do so.
      September 7, 2024 8:14 PM MDT

From what I can see, there doesn't seem to be any proof that Columbus was Jewish.  Anything to that effect is circumstantial.  
      September 8, 2024 12:24 PM MDT

New DNA test just confirmed it. 
      October 14, 2024 7:54 PM MDT

there are several articles available now to suggest that Columbus was a Sephardic Jew.  Great - another reason to ate the Jews.
      October 15, 2024 2:20 PM MDT

Only for some liberals. 
      October 15, 2024 5:27 PM MDT

Isabella wouldn't have funded the expedition had he been Jewish. The Inquisition was about money - the Jews and Moors (Muslims) had it, the Catholic Church (with the backing of the state) was looking to dispossess them. Columbus was looking for an alternative route to India since the Portuguese lane around the Cape of Good Hope was dangerous - it used to be called "Cape of Storms" for a reason and latitudes more than 40° south were called "The Roaring Forties" also for a reason. The Ottomans still held the Silk Road so the overland route was expensive and also dangerous - they weren't feeling particularly cordial towards infidels after repulsing a dozen Crusades. Columbus originally believed he'd landed in India which is why Native Americans were called "Indians" and the Caribbean is still known as the "West Indies".
      September 7, 2024 10:35 PM MDT

You don't think he would have hidden his heritage given the circumstances at the time.  Also Columbus had other financiers: 
    Columbus’ voyage was not, as is commonly believed, funded by the deep pockets of Queen Isabella, but rather by two Jewish Conversos and another prominent Jew. Louis de Santangel and Gabriel Sanchez advanced an interest free loan of 17,000 ducats from their own pockets to help pay for the voyage, as did Don Isaac Abarbanel, rabbi and Jewish statesman,” writes a 2012 CNN article, “Was Columbus secretly a Jew?
      September 8, 2024 7:05 AM MDT

Ferdinand and Isabella were intent on using money gained by the Inquisition to spread Catholicism to lands across the globe. Columbus, a devout Catholic, was equally enthusiastic about this possibility. Had he been Jewish, he'd not have returned to Spain.
    The Inquisition is something I've studied in depth while exploring my family history - the Maz family (Basque) fled across the Pyrenees to escape it. On arrival in Versailles they bought themselves a title.
      September 8, 2024 5:22 PM MDT

He may have converted or claimed to have. But there is evidence that he was Jewish.  And there are plenty of Jewish people who do not practice Judiasm but still havr family and friends that do. And given that some Jews helped to finance his journey, he certainly had friends. But of course there is no absolute proof. 
      September 8, 2024 7:11 PM MDT

They just came out with recent DNA test on Columbus' remains...he was a Sephardic Jew.
      October 14, 2024 7:53 PM MDT

So was Hitler, by ancestry.  Not by faith.
      October 14, 2024 10:28 PM MDT

So are a lot of people. 
      October 15, 2024 5:33 AM MDT

https://www.jns.org/experts-advise-caution-about-report-christopher-columbus-was-jewish/
      October 15, 2024 8:53 AM MDT

https://www.jns.org/experts-advise-caution-about-report-christopher-columbus-was-jewish/ This post was edited by Jane S at October 15, 2024 9:03 AM MDT
      October 15, 2024 8:54 AM MDT

I believed he was likely Jewish before this DNA report, this is just confirmation for me.
    I had been taught this by Rabbis and Pastors. 
      October 15, 2024 12:30 PM MDT

Well, you always have the facts.
      October 15, 2024 1:11 PM MDT

I posted it here more than a month ago.  I was first taught that about about 6 yrs ago by Pastor Ervin Baxter (he is deceased now)
      October 15, 2024 5:24 PM MDT

I pledged allegiance to the flag and to the republic for which it stands, starting at age 6. But saying that the US is not a democracy because it's a republic,  is like saying a German Sheperd is not a German Shepherd , because it's a dog.
      October 15, 2024 8:50 AM MDT

TDS - Total Dissolved Solids. There's nothing soluble about the excrement which pours from His Royal Orangeness's mouth, it's pure unadulterated BS.
      September 7, 2024 6:41 AM MDT