Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Education » Did you keep all your books and homework from your college years?

Did you keep all your books and homework from your college years?

Not sure if I should keep my books or donate them.  The homework is hard to let go of since there was so much work put into it.  Haven't looked it once, since I graduated, it seems like a waste of space to keep the both. 

Posted - September 4

Responses

Until 2014, yes.  Then I tossed most of the notes and such, but kept the stories.  I kept a few of the "relevant" textbooks (science, law, etc.) and tossed the rest (psychology, computer programming, etc.) into the recycling bin as no one would take them (too outdated).
      September 4, 2024 4:56 PM MDT

Thank you, that helps a lot. 
      September 4, 2024 11:47 PM MDT

I had kept all of mine through four years of college, until I finished my last exam. I came home, euphoric, and decided to celebrate by sorting through all my college material(!) 

Most of it were workbooks that would have been of no good to anyone, so I recycled them. Reading materials and sheets that were blank on one side I kept--as well as everything on my computer.
      September 5, 2024 6:32 AM MDT

There is a lot on thumb drives that totally skipped my mind, thanks for the reminder.
      September 5, 2024 7:38 AM MDT

No, I sold all of my undergrad textbooks but kept some of my research and papers.  I've never looked at them but there they are, right where I put them years ago.  I kept a few books from law school but sold most of them now....those things are like gold and the editions of what I have left are not in demand. This post was edited by Thriftymaid at September 7, 2024 7:28 AM MDT
      September 5, 2024 7:12 AM MDT

I didn't go to college.  I was just thrilled to get out of high school.
      September 5, 2024 7:35 AM MDT

I have few books with me, books that I think I will read again!
      September 7, 2024 12:52 AM MDT

Just an ancient (1918) physics/chemistry handbook that I found in a lab and no one claimed or wanted. I actually used it for one of my chemistry labs. This post was edited by Element 99 at September 7, 2024 8:51 AM MDT
      September 7, 2024 6:30 AM MDT

“All”? No. I have a few odds and ends here and there.
      ~

September 7, 2024 7:30 AM MDT

Most of tge books I still have. Not the essays, apart from one where I used lecture notes from renowned quantum physicist Paul Davies to refute the Kalam argument in a philosophy paper. Got a High Distinction for that one and the Prof wasn't known for marking that high, which is precisely why I kept it.
      September 7, 2024 11:11 PM MDT