Active Now

Spunky
Randy D
Discussion » Questions » Politics » Is anyone besides me sick to death of all the political ads on TV?

Is anyone besides me sick to death of all the political ads on TV?

I live in PA which is a swing state.  For the past couple of weeks, it's the same non-stop political ads one after another.  I know this is an important election, but do they not realize that by overwhelming voters with the same ads over and over and over they could be the ones creating the lack of interest in voting?

Posted - 5 hours ago

Responses

Don't watch TV.  I don't so I'm not bothered at all.  I do use streaming services, but no ads.
      October 22, 2024 10:28 AM MDT

When cable TV cane into being, the draw was supposed to be that there would be no ads.  Now, not only do you have to pay for cable, but you have to pay more for no ads - even on streaming services.  You just can't get away from them.
      October 22, 2024 3:20 PM MDT

I’m not because the Canadian election cycles only last 36 to 51 days. So candidates can only Champaign for 36 days (the rest of the days are for vote counting). We just had a general election. Cheers!

October 22, 2024 10:38 AM MDT

I wish the same held true in the USA.  Having yeas to campaign is overwhelming, not to mention that the billions of dollars put into campaigns is unconscionable.
      October 22, 2024 11:57 AM MDT

Yes!  I use streaming services and it seems like every third ad is political.  This is California so they aren't about candidates, just propositions.
      October 22, 2024 10:40 AM MDT