Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Science and Technology » The Poltys genus Orb spider, a new-found species, masquerades as a dried-up leaf. What masquerade/mask would you employ to protect you?

The Poltys genus Orb spider, a new-found species, masquerades as a dried-up leaf. What masquerade/mask would you employ to protect you?

For those who are interested. Charlotte of "Charlotte's Web" fame was an Araneus Cavalierus. Did you see the movie? Charlotte's voice was provided by actress Julia Roberts. Charlotte was so sweet and wise and kind.

Posted - November 20, 2016

Responses

Maybe a stash of counterfeit cash available pay off the kidnappers. This post was edited by Kittigate at September 16, 2018 4:48 AM MDT
      November 20, 2016 6:11 AM MST

I dunno Kg. Depending on the nature of the kidnappers if they found you tricked them with counterfeit cash your life might be in jeopardy. I'm just sayin'! Thank you for your reply and Happy Sunday.
      September 16, 2018 4:49 AM MDT

The common 'Daddy Long-legs' spider is the MOST POISONOUS spider in the world!  I'm sure I have dozens of them in my garage right now! We played with them when we were kids! The catch is that they don't have ENOUGH poison to harm a human. 
      November 20, 2016 6:32 AM MST

I thought it was the Brown Recluse Spider that was the most poisonous bh. Thank you for your reply and Happy  Sunday! :)
      September 16, 2018 4:51 AM MDT

A Huckal berry because I have the perfect head for it. My head is quiet round plus when I'm embarrassed I blush and turn bright red. So all I would have to do is wear a green jump suit and when ever I sense danger I'd stand perfectly still in a Huckal berry patch and think about embarrassing things. Cheers! This post was edited by Nanoose at September 16, 2018 4:51 AM MDT
      November 20, 2016 10:09 AM MST

You do know there are pies made from huckleberries don't you Nanoose? I think masquerading as one could be life-threatening. Maybe you should rethink that! Thank you for your reply! :)
      September 16, 2018 4:52 AM MDT

Here he is in the White House. 

You see there is only room for ONE in that House in HIS mind. 

As for me?  I look different every year.  Sometimes every month.  If I don't want to be seen, you won't see me. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at September 16, 2018 4:52 AM MDT
      November 20, 2016 10:25 AM MST

Very scary graphic Sharon. Thank you for your reply and Happy Sunday! :)
      September 16, 2018 4:53 AM MDT

When I read about Julia Roberts, I initially thought you were mistaken. But I looked it up - - I didn't know there was a 2006 "Charlotte's Web" movie. Sure enough -- there was Julia Roberts in the cast. I didn't see that movie.

But I really, really like the 1973 animated film version of "Charlotte's Web." Charlotte is voiced perfectly by Debbie Reynolds.
    :)

This post was edited by WelbyQuentin at September 16, 2018 4:53 AM MDT
      September 15, 2018 5:50 PM MDT

How did you encounter this old question WQ? I didn't know there WAS an animated version. I had heard of the book and when I saw the movie I fell immediately in love with Charlotte. I liked Pig a lot too of course but what I took away from that movie is that appearances are deceiving and often the most beautiful is invisible to the eye. I like that. I'm gonna ask. Thank you for your reply and Happy Sunday to you!  :)
      September 16, 2018 4:55 AM MDT

I found your question while I was going through the questions in the entire category of "Science and Technology."

I bet you, too, might like the animated movie of "Charlotte's Web." Lots of good songs. Here is Debbie Reynolds singing the title song -- I don't know if this exact version appears in the movie. If you watch and listen, you'll see that the movie had Debbie Reynolds, Agnes Moorehead, Paul Lynde and Henry Gibson doing voices. Nice movie. Lots of really good songs to me.

Happy Sunday to you, too!

This post was edited by WelbyQuentin at September 17, 2018 6:08 AM MDT
      September 16, 2018 11:24 AM MDT

Thanks sweetie which points out something very true and of course I'm gonna ask a question about it. "There are untold treasures everywhere all the time about which we are unaware. Unless we get lucky and someone tells us about it we lose out and never know about it. Isn't that sad? " Something like that. You'll be in the question too as an "Answermug pal". Credit where credit is due! Happy Monday to you WQ!  :)
      September 17, 2018 6:12 AM MDT

Thanks, Rosie!
    A great day to you, too!
      September 17, 2018 8:49 AM MDT