Slartibartfast
Prof Syct
Neelie
Shar to the Rona
StuBtheABRefugee
timothysknickers
JakobA
Baba
LyricalOne
Discussion » Questions » Religion and Spirituality » According to the Bible, who really controls the world?

According to the Bible, who really controls the world?

http://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/1102013400?q=%22who+really+controls+the+world%22&p=par

Posted - December 12, 2016

• 824
    Hello AL, right you are. Thank you for your answer and the scriptures!
      December 13, 2016 4:28 AM MST
    0

• 2586
    Control is really in the hands of whoever wins in the end.
      December 13, 2016 8:43 AM MST
    0

• 5028
    God wins in the end. 
      December 13, 2016 5:27 PM MST
    0

• 2586
    According to the bible but sure taking his time allowing sin and suffering to continue un-necessarily for thousands of years. 
      December 13, 2016 6:35 PM MST
    0

• 1562
    Here's 1 John 5:18

We know that anyone born of God does not keep on sinning; the One who was born of God protects him, and the evil one cannot touch him. 

So what does it mean for those who are born of God that the "evil one" controls the world?
      December 13, 2016 1:49 PM MST
    0

• 824
    Not sure what point you are trying to make? Do you disagree with the scriptures that identify Satan as the ruler of the world?
    (1 John 5:18, 19) We know that everyone who has been born from God does not practice sin, but the one born from God watches him, and the wicked one cannot take hold of him. 19 We know that we originate with God, but the whole world is lying in the power of the wicked one.
    (Luke 4:6) Then the Devil said to him: “I will give you all this authority and their glory, because it has been handed over to me, and I give it to whomever I wish.
    (John 12:31) Now there is a judging of this world; now the ruler of this world will be cast out.
    (John 14:30) I will not speak with you much more, for the ruler of the world is coming, and he has no hold on me.
    (John 16:11) then concerning judgment, because the ruler of this world has been judged.

EDIT: Even the faithful witness Antipas was killed where Satan is dwelling, that is on the earth, where Satan's throne it.
    (Revelation 2:13) ‘I know where you are dwelling, that is, where the throne of Satan is; and yet you keep holding fast to my name, and you did not deny your faith in me even in the days of Anʹti·pas, my faithful witness, who was killed by your side, where Satan is dwelling. This post was edited by texasescimo at December 17, 2016 6:59 AM MST
      December 13, 2016 5:15 PM MST
    0