Discussion » Questions » Religion and Spirituality » Jesus comes to you and tells you that Satan will release 2 sinners from Hell if you will go in their place. Would a true Christian refuse?

Jesus comes to you and tells you that Satan will release 2 sinners from Hell if you will go in their place. Would a true Christian refuse?

People might think I am an atheist but I would go.

Posted - December 19, 2016

Responses

ou draw thee wrong conclusions about my beliefs.  I said nothing about fire or torture.  Rather, I suggested that hell (whatever and wherever and if it exists) may be the only place that what you have turned yourself into by the time you die where you can exist.

Pierre Teilhard de Chardin SJ once said, I believe hell exists, but I am permitted to think that no one goes there.  This post was edited by tom jackson at December 21, 2016 7:41 AM MST
      December 21, 2016 7:40 AM MST

I am confused. In one comment you talk about Hell and in another you talk about Gehenna which you rightfully assign to Christian scripture. Do you accept the Bible as God's word?

You are an interesting fellow and seem to have done some study to have known the original Gehenna, often erroneously translated as Hell in many Versions of the Bible. I would love to see your answer here:

December 21, 2016 8:39 AM MST

A test of faith question. A Christian should have enough faith in Jesus to trust that He would have a plan to rescue them before He approached anyone with such a proposal. 

December 21, 2016 2:04 AM MST

Sounds like the kind of "test of faith" that Satan might devise to test our understanding of the nature of salvation and the redemption of man.

If Jesus (second person of the trinity incarnate) has a plan for assuring that all who may choose hell may be able to somehow choose eventually be in heaven, I doubt He is going to play games with us humans for whom He was crucified.

I don't think this is a test of faith question.  I think it's a question about how gullible we Christians can be.
      December 21, 2016 7:36 AM MST

Ok
      December 21, 2016 7:42 AM MST

Quotes: "If Jesus (second person of the trinity incarnate)" ... "how gullible we Christians can be"

Such irony.
      August 15, 2017 6:23 AM MDT

All true Christians should. Their religion is based on an innocent being sacrificed so that the sinful can have salvation.
      December 25, 2016 12:09 PM MST

That is misleading.

Our religion is based on an appropriate response to a God who sent His only Son to make the necessary sacrifice so that all men might be redeemed.

I can see the Devil making such a proposal to Christians--it's just a misleading as his proposal to Eve in the Garden, isn't it?

No "true Christian" would be stupid enough to fall twice.
      December 25, 2016 12:20 PM MST

TY TJ

1- However, there's very little difference between what I said and what you've said.

a] I said, "Their religion is based on" You said, "Our religion is based on"

b] I said, "an innocent being sacrificed". You said, "a God who sent His only Son to make the necessary sacrifice"

c] I said, "so that the sinful can have salvation." You said, "so that all men [obviously sinful] might be redeemed." 

2- "No "true Christian" would be stupid enough to fall twice." That implies all "true Christian" have only one sin against them. Very strange.

3- Since you've raised the subject of "Eve in the Garden", did you realise that neither she nor Adam could have sinned? You see at the time they disobeyed the command not to eat the forbidden fruit neither of them knew right from wrong or good from bad. We know that because we know from Genesis that they had NOT YET eaten from the tree of the knowledge of good and bad or right and wrong. Anyone who has no clue of what is right and what is wrong or what is good and what is bad cannot possibly be accused of sinning or doing wrong or bad. If they are then that is obviously unfair and unjust.
      December 26, 2016 3:55 PM MST

If GOD were a TRUE GOD and he saw TWO INNOCENTS walking into eternal fire as a sacrifice to save another soul, they would automatically ascend into heaven.

August 15, 2017 6:24 AM MDT