Active Now

Slartibartfast
Element 99
my2cents
DannyPetti
Discussion » Questions » Religion and Spirituality » Are all religions from God?

Are all religions from God?

Posted - July 8, 2016

Responses

No...they are from Cleveland.

July 8, 2016 6:58 AM MDT

NO... God has His wil for mankind.. One Message.. Note a 1000 different and often contradictory messages.

July 8, 2016 7:18 AM MDT

No religions come from God.  They are man made.  God is God.  Faith is Faith and has little to do with religion.  Religions are communities of like minded individuals.  Being affiliated with a religion or Church is not a requirement to be a Faithful servant of God.

July 8, 2016 7:36 AM MDT

No. God comes from all religions.
      July 8, 2016 8:32 AM MDT

I totally agree!!!!!!!!!!

You have to wonder about ALL the different sects, etc.,..and I get a huge kick out of the catholics insisting that Jesus told Peter,,,,,,and so on, and the catholic church was established......but you have to forgive me; I was raised catholic and hated it.....and I NEVER give it a capital 'C" 'cuz it doesn't deserve it!!!!  lol...

I think God has a great sense of humor and is sitting somewhere chuckling about all the different ways we worship Him.......and I guess the Jews are his 'people' but I wonder at that as they sure get screwed over a lot, no?????????

oh well,,,,,,,,,,,,,,to each their own........

July 8, 2016 8:58 AM MDT

•   July 8, 2016 7:04 PM MDT

•   July 9, 2016 2:36 PM MDT

Exactly!
      July 9, 2016 2:37 PM MDT

You have it backwards. People created societies, which led to religions. The leaders of these religions then created gods to explain how everything and everyone came to be.
      July 9, 2016 2:39 PM MDT

• It depends on who you ask and if they are literal or not. I'm not a very literal person. It's not for me to say whether religion is real or not being as I don't know but I would say God changes depending on perception and what you value.

I think in a certain sense all religions are from God but the meaning of God changes according to person.

July 9, 2016 2:41 PM MDT

• Thriftymaid... ah you said it better than me.

July 9, 2016 2:42 PM MDT

• Not even one. Religion comes from man/woman, and their interpretations.

July 9, 2016 3:00 PM MDT

July 9, 2016 3:11 PM MDT

July 9, 2016 3:11 PM MDT

No
    Religions are mans creation
    To put a containment around God.
    A box that confines God to
    A particular set of ideas and beliefs.
    ...and whenever this is done
    The ultimate Truth is lost .
      July 9, 2016 4:39 PM MDT

Don't you think that everything would be from God?   What can escape GOD???

July 9, 2016 4:44 PM MDT

depends on which one it is

July 9, 2016 7:45 PM MDT

Note that your "One Message.. Note a 1000 different and often contradictory messages." is itself contradictory. :)

July 10, 2016 3:34 AM MDT

If "the Jews are his 'people'" meaning God's then whose people are everybody else? Sounds like somebody sure got screwed over that one, no?????????

July 10, 2016 3:40 AM MDT

That almost fits me SB. A tiny alteration and a little extension, as shown, and I'd buy it.

People created societies, which led to religions. The leaders of these religions then TALKED ABOUT gods to explain how everything and everyone came to be AND HOW THIS GOD WANTS EVERYONE TO CONDUCT THEMSELVES.

I know some didn't talk about any god and others talked about multiple gods, but apart from that you can't really argue against that, can you?

July 10, 2016 3:59 AM MDT

hmmm almost on the same page with your last sentence.

July 10, 2016 4:03 AM MDT

That's very difficult to fault, DR but it's also quite difficult to handle as it stands.

July 10, 2016 4:09 AM MDT

1- The Islamic perspective is that ALL religions, in so far as they call their followers to do the will of the creator of the universe, that is live by His laws, then they are [almost by definition] from God.

2- So, for example, although the scriptures called the Vedas do not give a name to the religion contained therein and neither Moses nor Jesus gave a name to the religions they taught, in so far as they comply with 1 above then, from the Islamic point of view, they were from God.

3- Also from the Islamic point of view, God is just and caring towards the whole of His creation. Since all of humanity is from God then all communities that ever lived must have received appropriate guidance [religion] from God at some point. 

July 10, 2016 4:34 AM MDT

I would rather go with the Bahai and their '"Lotus Temple" in India That is open to people who worship whatever god or none.

We see huge debates about whether Jehova should be spelled this way or that. Who cares? God probably made it up when Moses asked, having never had a name before. Why would he need one? He is unique, like the sun (did you ever heard of the sun having a given name?)

How about a huge declaration about how good people are good people, while dominators and manipulators are something else.

How about praying to him silently, each in our own way while standing shoulder to shoulder with the people from all the other religions (or none). Cut the pettifoggery.

July 10, 2016 4:59 AM MDT