Discussion » Questions » Religion and Spirituality » Are all religions from God?

Are all religions from God?

Posted - July 8, 2016

Responses

So if religions are man's creation, how do we know that God isn't man's creation as well? I challenge you to prove otherwise.

July 10, 2016 4:04 PM MDT

Everything can't be from God. The devil did not come from God.

July 11, 2016 6:37 AM MDT

Jesus said "I am the way, the life and the truth. No one comes to the Father except through me"

As a Christian that is what I believe.
      July 11, 2016 6:55 AM MDT

Some very good points, Jakob, but the problem is the practicalities over a FEW of the issues.

The "dominators and manipulators", well we can ignore them if they overstep the mark. In Islam we have the scripture as the benchmark and the belief that we are answerable ONLY to God on a strictly 1 2 1 basis. 

July 11, 2016 8:25 AM MDT

• I know a lot of people would disagree with me and this is only in my opinion but it seems like to me that the devil could be very much from God. I could be wrong though.

If you look at it from another perspective all signs point that it's really just two sides to the same person.

To add to that.. all of mankind seems to have or can have the ability to posses both sides.. example is sort of hard to explain but there is no one perfect human being who is "all good" and if we don't heed warnings of what we can do to each other... which is what religion should be about.. (moral and ethics) ... then we'll rip each other apart if we don't listen to the metaphor of it all.

That's what I get out of the devil/God theory anyways. Just one of many theories.

July 11, 2016 6:06 PM MDT

No, the bible indicates there is only one form of true worship. The bible thus indicates God only approves of one true religion. (John 4:23,24)

July 12, 2016 1:33 PM MDT

Very true AL,

(John 4:23, 24) Nevertheless, the hour is coming, and it is now, when the true worshippers will worship the Father with spirit and truth, for indeed, the Father is looking for ones like these to worship him. 24 God is a Spirit, and those worshipping him must worship with spirit and truth.”
    (Ephesians 4:5, 6) one Lord, one faith, one baptism; 6 one God and Father of all, who is over all and through all and in all.
    (James 1:27) The form of worship that is clean and undefiled from the standpoint of our God and Father is this: to look after orphans and widows in their tribulation, and to keep oneself without spot from the world.

July 12, 2016 2:19 PM MDT

1- Did Noah, Abraham and Moses know that Jesus said "I am the way, the life and the truth. No one comes to the Father except through me"? Are they doomed for ever for not going through Jesus?

2- Did Jesus mean to say "I am WAS AND WILL ALWAYS BE the way, the life and the truth. No one comes EVER CAME NOR WILL EVER COME to the Father except through me"?

July 14, 2016 11:44 AM MDT

If "The devil did not come from God." then who did he come from?

July 14, 2016 12:37 PM MDT

I am not sure how serious you are about your question. Going through Jesus was not a requirement for the men that you referred to. God established different covenants to suit his purpose. Going through Jesus was only necessary for those that would be affected by the covenant that he made.

http://www.jw.org/en/video-why-study-the-bible/

July 15, 2016 7:00 AM MDT

Nope, not serious question. CLURT has his mind made up and his questions and statements evolve as they are answered. He accepts as much Bible as he can twist to fit the Quran but considers the rest corrupt, yes CLURT?

1) Romans 3:21-31) But now apart from law God’s righteousness has been revealed, as the Law and the Prophets bear witness, 22 yes, God’s righteousness through the faith in Jesus Christ, for all those having faith. For there is no distinction. 23 For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, 24 and it is as a free gift that they are being declared righteous by his undeserved kindness through the release by the ransom paid by Christ Jesus. 25 God presented him as an offering for propitiation through faith in his blood. This was to demonstrate his own righteousness, because God in his forbearance was forgiving the sins that occurred in the past. 26 This was to demonstrate his own righteousness in this present season, so that he might be righteous even when declaring righteous the man who has faith in Jesus. 27 Where, then, is the boasting? There is no place for it. Through what law? That of works? No indeed, but through the law of faith. 28 For we consider that a man is declared righteous by faith apart from works of law. 29 Or is he the God of the Jews only? Is he not also the God of people of the nations? Yes, also of people of the nations. 30 Since God is one, he will declare circumcised people righteous as a result of faith and uncircumcised people righteous by means of their faith. 31 Do we, then, abolish law by means of our faith? Not at all! On the contrary, we uphold law.

2) (1 Corinthians 15:24-28) Next, the end, when he hands over the Kingdom to his God and Father, when he has brought to nothing all government and all authority and power. 25 For he must rule as king until God has put all enemies under his feet. 26 And the last enemy, death, is to be brought to nothing. 27 For God “subjected all things under his feet.” But when he says that ‘all things have been subjected,’ it is evident that this does not include the One who subjected all things to him. 28 But when all things will have been subjected to him, then the Son himself will also subject himself to the One who subjected all things to him, that God may be all things to everyone.

July 15, 2016 8:10 AM MDT

On answermug, CLURT was a master at trying to trap people in their speech. We will see if he continues the pattern on here?

(Matthew 22:15) Then the Pharisees went and conspired together in order to trap him in his speech.

July 15, 2016 8:37 AM MDT

Only the religions that worship him sufficiently to satisfy his ego.
      July 15, 2016 10:20 AM MDT

I asked Him

He said I should start my own religion about it.

July 15, 2016 10:23 AM MDT

I did not make personal remarks in the questions I asked and I regard it as a weakness in argument in those who resort to making personal remarks in their posts.

Moses was a Jew. He did not go to the Father through Jesus. God spoke to Moses directly.

Although people will make you believe so but Jesus did NOT say "I WAS the way, the life and the truth. No one EVER CAME to the Father except through me" neither did he say "I WILL ALWAYS BE the way, the life and the truth. No one WILL EVER COME to the Father except through me" 

July 15, 2016 5:54 PM MDT

The priests could not fault the teachings of Jesus because he was quoting the Jewish scriptures. So they started to make accusations against his person.

July 15, 2016 5:59 PM MDT

(John 14:6) Jesus said to him: “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

(John 10:9) I am the door; whoever enters through me will be saved, and that one will go in and out and find pasturage.

(John 17:3) This means everlasting life, their coming to know you, the only true God, and the one whom you sent, Jesus Christ.
    (Romans 6:23) For the wages sin pays is death, but the gift God gives is everlasting life by Christ Jesus our Lord.

(Acts 4:12) Furthermore, there is no salvation in anyone else, for there is no other name under heaven that has been given among men by which we must get saved.”

(Luke 7:18-23) Now John’s disciples reported to him all these things. 19 So John summoned two of his disciples and sent them to the Lord to ask: “Are you the Coming One, or are we to expect a different one?” 20 When they came to him, the men said: “John the Baptist sent us to you to ask, ‘Are you the Coming One, or are we to expect another?’” 21 In that hour he cured many people of sicknesses, serious diseases, and wicked spirits, and he granted many blind people the gift of sight. 22 In reply he said to them: “Go and report to John what you have seen and heard: The blind are now seeing, the lame are walking, the lepers are being cleansed, the deaf are hearing, the dead are being raised up, and the poor are being told the good news. 23 Happy is the one who finds no cause for stumbling in me.”

(1 Timothy 2:5, 6) For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, a man, Christ Jesus, 6 who gave himself a corresponding ransom for all—this is what is to be witnessed to in its own due time.

July 16, 2016 12:26 AM MDT

Thank you Tex I won't engage this person in needless debates. My time can be better used
      July 18, 2016 5:19 AM MDT

no some religions God says are bad

July 18, 2016 5:21 AM MDT

Which ones are on his list?

July 19, 2016 11:18 AM MDT

The one's that do not obey his laws and follow his direction. Here is how you do it:

https://www.jw.org/en/bible-teachings/questions/which-religion-is-true/

July 20, 2016 6:28 AM MDT

By the way some behave and the rulings set by their deity , I believe they are from the devil.

July 29, 2016 9:59 PM MDT

No, except for one the rest are comprise of what the Bible refers to at revelation as "Babylon the Great". (revelation chapter 18)

July 31, 2016 12:31 PM MDT