Active Now

Danilo_G
Slartibartfast
Discussion » Questions » Death and Dying » When the Apocalyse comes, what will cause it?

When the Apocalyse comes, what will cause it?

1. Giant meteor/comet
2. Yellowstone super volcano eruption
3. Nuclear war.
4. God
5. Zombies.

Posted - March 26, 2017

Responses

6. Combination of things: Overpopulation, destruction of habitat, pollution, biological warfare, along with the lack of enough food, water, resources required to survive

and, of course, when the zombies rise up, that definitely won't help matters either.

March 26, 2017 8:17 AM MDT

• Zombies,
    A big mass of mindless almost dead people shuffling around day after day and only caring about their own immediate needs. When resources stop being available, they will rule the earth.
    Oh, and a corporation. . .there will be a corporation in charge. . .Coke. . .or Taco Bell. . .or Wal-Mart. . .  This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at March 26, 2017 9:05 AM MDT
      March 26, 2017 8:57 AM MDT

• The first two would do the job and are possible, though very remotely so.
    Personally I'd rule out the last two entirely as products of human superstition.
    Ultimately, I forecast the end will be a slow arduous descent to extinction carried out by our age-old companions, famine and disease, resulting from our own grievous failures. 
      March 26, 2017 9:19 AM MDT

Rob Zombie, no doubt!  He is playing a concert this summer at that Terrace place in Sylvania. 
      March 26, 2017 10:00 AM MDT

LOL!  Yes, Rob Zombie could very well play a key role in our eventual destruction. ;-)
      March 26, 2017 10:08 AM MDT

Glad I missed that one.
      March 27, 2017 7:05 AM MDT

• In the mountains of Tibet is an isolated monastery where a group of ancient monks are writing down the nine billion names of God. They have been working on it for centuries. When they get the last one listed the stars will begin to blink out and the world will...

I can't write it. It's too horrible to consider. I hope it never occurs to them to get Microsoft involved with their task.
      March 26, 2017 12:46 PM MDT

I read that story. Was it Clarke who wrote it?
      March 27, 2017 7:06 AM MDT

• Yep. It's an old one but I figured there'd be some who remembered. It was a chilling ending. 
      March 27, 2017 1:05 PM MDT

Mass explosive diarrhea.
      March 26, 2017 12:47 PM MDT

• Thank God I won't be around for that. :(
      March 26, 2017 12:54 PM MDT

Hahahahahah yes. ;)
      March 26, 2017 12:56 PM MDT

We will cause it ourselves. We can't keep taking things out of the earth without putting something back.
    And IMO this will happen sooner then we think.

March 26, 2017 1:45 PM MDT

This article is about the general concept of Apocalypse. For specific Apocalypses, see Apocalypse (disambiguation).

An apocalypse (Ancient Greek: ἀποκάλυψις apokálypsis, from ἀπό and καλύπτω, literally meaning "an uncovering") is a disclosure of knowledge or revelation. In religious contexts it is usually a disclosure of something hidden, "a vision of heavenly secrets that can make sense of earthly realities".[1]

In the Book of Revelation (Greek: Ἀποκάλυψις Ἰωάννου, Apokalypsis Ioannou – literally, John's Revelation), the last book of the New Testament, the revelation which John receives is that of the ultimate victory of good over evil and the end of the present age, and that is the primary meaning of the term, one that dates to 1175.[2]

Today, the term is commonly used in reference to any prophetic revelation or so-called end time scenario, or to the end of the world in general.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apocalypse

So many meanings! That may be why people seem so confused about the topic. What exactly are you talking about?

March 26, 2017 2:34 PM MDT

OK, you got me on that one. I meant the demise of the planet.
      March 27, 2017 7:08 AM MDT

What really blew me away was the warning posted there: "This article improperly uses one or more religious texts as primary sources without referring to secondary sources that critically analyze them." The article quotes an example of word usage from the world's only source of information on the subject, and Wikipedia claims to be totally fact based, but this is improper because no learned jerk has offered his opinion about it.
      March 28, 2017 12:21 AM MDT

only god knows
      March 26, 2017 3:16 PM MDT

6) humans.
      March 26, 2017 4:59 PM MDT

• I was just reading today about the strange trumpet sound heard in England, very loud and seeming to come from the sky.  I've heard recordings of this very strange sound in other parts of the world it even set off car alarms in one country and it's been connected by some people to the trumpets sounded by seven angels in Revelations signaling the start of the apocalypse.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZQwyV7wHzM 

This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at March 27, 2017 5:29 PM MDT
      March 26, 2017 10:04 PM MDT

Compilation of theories: http://exitmundi.nl/exitmundi.htm
      March 27, 2017 12:52 AM MDT

Said war will be precipitated by Trump and Xi Jinping playing a game of "my d!ck is bigger than your d!ck" over the South China sea. His Royal Orangeness may be in bed with the Russians but he has a huge hate boner for China.
      March 27, 2017 7:54 AM MDT

Revelation 16:13, 14,16 says: "And I saw three unclean inspired expressions that looked like frogs come out of the mouth of the dragon and out of the mouth of the wild beast and out of the mouth of the false prophets. They are, in fact, expressions inspired by demons and they perform signs, and they go out to the kings of the entire inhabited earth, to gather them together to the war of the great day of God the Almighty. And they gathered them together to the place that is called in Hebrew Armageddon."
      March 28, 2017 10:44 PM MDT