Active Now

my2cents
Spunky
Discussion » Questions » Relationships » Men, when you date, what are you searching/looking for?

Men, when you date, what are you searching/looking for?

I wonder on the whole how many men are simply searching for intimacy/physical dynamic when dating, or if they set OUT initially also yearning to find a friend who can turn into a love/stong connection.  Any answers welcome, honesty valued :)

Posted - March 27, 2017

Responses

Im not searching since im not relationship material. I'm Asexual and lacking interest in dating and romance in a huge way. If by chance, the right person did come along... i could possibly get into some sort of relationship with them but i'm not holding my breath. sometimes I wish my sexuality was different.. This post was edited by Skunky Stinkerson at March 28, 2017 10:06 AM MDT
      March 27, 2017 2:45 PM MDT

• Although I don't get to date very often, I do try my best to be friends with the lady and let things go from there. Sometimes it's went on to a romantic relationship and other times, we just stayed friends. It's best to be friends and get to know the lady well and then think about any romance as it's a two way street.
      March 27, 2017 2:50 PM MDT

I wish all men were of your perspective and I think it is smart and noble- ty Rooster!!
      March 27, 2017 6:59 PM MDT

I am not a man as you know :P But I hung out in dating site land for 6 years, it's a very weird and unnatural world full, I am sad to say, of those looking for free rides, usually of a physical nature... that's ok as long as they are honest about it.. but many aren't. It's very hard to find a relationship that way..
      March 27, 2017 4:04 PM MDT

A man needs female companionship. That means talking. Some women won't give a man companionship, but they will give him sex. So a lot of men grow up thinking sex is all there is. That doesn't work right, and they can't figure out what's wrong, so they go looking for somebody else to ease "the lonely inside".
      March 27, 2017 4:31 PM MDT