Discussion » Questions » Politics » Trump changed his policy on Syria after being emotionally affected by pictures of children on TV? goo.gl/DA6EjZ Scary?

Trump changed his policy on Syria after being emotionally affected by pictures of children on TV? goo.gl/DA6EjZ Scary?

Posted - April 7, 2017

Responses

Exactly... what makes him so scary is his utter unpredictability,  I truly don't think even he has any idea what he's going to do next... and not in a good way :( 
      April 7, 2017 2:24 PM MDT

I agree.  Thanks  
      April 7, 2017 2:53 PM MDT

My how gullible some people are.
      April 7, 2017 2:27 PM MDT

In my opinion, especially the minority that voted for him.
      April 7, 2017 2:53 PM MDT

• Dear TJ,
    My first reaction to that article would be to ask if it is even credible?

First of all the reporter is calling him by the title of "amateur President Trump"...then quotes MSNBC, which I have read has a strong liberal bias, just as FOX is right-wing...

And I read also that neither of those two news stations even has their own reporters, they just glean from other news sources and put their own spin.
    So I would want to give Trump the benefit of the doubt here. Surely there are reliable advisors around him who would help him act responsibly?
      April 7, 2017 2:27 PM MDT

Read Trump's posts on the chemical attacks---his motivation seems to come from having somehow been personally upset.

When Obama wanted to respond in the same way some years ago, Trump was totally against it.

Trump has no solid core of ethics or principles from which he acts.  He responds pro re nata.

We elected a trousered ape to the Presidency of the united States instead of a person of real sensibility.

That phraseology comes from The Abolition of Man by CS Lewis.

(Read the first 5 pages from this link---  http://www3.dbu.edu/naugle/pdf/CSLPhilEdAbolitionMan.pdf  )

Trump made it crystal clear to me from the beginning that he was not of presidential caliber.  
      April 7, 2017 2:52 PM MDT

• Hi TJ, that link is quite long...and starts with statements like this, "We redefine God as our future selves,” ...which makes me not want to continue any further...

I am not saying I think Trump is good, however somehow the buck does not stop with him; "we the people" elected him, or at least we participated in an electoral process that got him into the presidency. The fault lies with us, we ourselves, we can't elect him and then blame HIM.
      April 7, 2017 3:34 PM MDT

The first 2 pages summarize the type of philosophy that Lewis is railing against.

Start with the paragraph that begins on the bottom of page 2 to see what Lewis"s point was in The Abolition of Man 
      April 8, 2017 11:03 AM MDT

Ahh well erm... I cite Trump's track record on listening to good advice ... 
      April 7, 2017 3:10 PM MDT

It is at least possible that the Syrian rebels are playing him like a fiddle by leaving chemical weapons where they would be bombed. 
      April 7, 2017 2:47 PM MDT

Yes.  And you have pointed out that he acts more of tool that can be picked up and used by anyone.
      April 7, 2017 2:55 PM MDT

• Call me a cynic, but what 300,000 dead, two million on the move with no where to go abs he won't let them in, and all of a sudden he gets a conscience.. Wouldn't have anything to do with China's leader being in town would it... A bit of braggidicio perhaps
      April 7, 2017 2:50 PM MDT

Yes.  He reminds me of a ball in a pinball machine. He doesn't act out of his own impetus.  He must be pushed and then bounced off the bumper to a random destination. 
      April 7, 2017 2:58 PM MDT

sounds like it
      April 8, 2017 4:39 PM MDT