Active Now

Element 99
my2cents
Discussion » Questions » Life and Society » Do you TRUST your head of state? To do what? Why?

Do you TRUST your head of state? To do what? Why?

Posted - April 9, 2017

Responses

Yes I do...mostly... and as to why? well because so far she has proven strong, sensible and effective..
      April 9, 2017 7:40 AM MDT

Lucky you! I wonder if being a "she" rather than a "he" has anything to do with it? Thank you for your reply Addb! :)
      April 11, 2017 7:03 AM MDT

My honest opinion is that it's nothing to do with her being a she rather than a he.. I tend to think the best person for the job is the best person for the job and it could be  a he or a she.  For example I was seriously not a fan of Margaret Thatcher, many people weren't... so it's not really anything to do with woman or man...
      April 11, 2017 9:57 AM MDT

As I said in my own posting, our head of state is the Queen, not the Prime Minister. I don't believe in the monarchy, but there you go. We're stuck with them.
    Personally, I was in favour of Thatcher, but I see Teresa May as a continuation of the bad policies of Cameron. I think this is the first example of me disagreeing with you, Adaydreambeliever. First time for everything. Having said that, perhaps you are right about Mrs. May being the best candidate for the job. The rest would probably be worse. Poor Jeremy Corbyn can't lead his way out of a paper bag, so to speak.
    By the way, I always loved the Monkees!
      April 12, 2017 7:58 AM MDT

Fair enough Harry... you know Thatcher wasn't popular and among women especially so as she did nothing to further women's causes... but of course there were those who did like her.. an you are one :)  Yes technically speaking the queen is head of state... you are correct... she has little power as you also rightly stated so I was comparing like for like.
    I don't mind you disagreeing with me :)  interesting tho that you were a fan of Thatcher but not of May.. they are, as we know, both Conservative leaders.... so do you vote based on personality and perceived ability or party?
      April 12, 2017 12:47 PM MDT

Not every is as gender-fair as thee. Thank you for your reply Addb and Happy Saturday to thee! :)
      April 15, 2017 6:13 AM MDT

not really to be honest
      April 9, 2017 3:27 PM MDT

Thank you for your reply pearl and Happy Tuesday! :)
      April 11, 2017 7:04 AM MDT

My head of state is Queen Elizabeth, but all the real power rests with Parliament. I don't think our token head of state will do harm, as such, but A LOT of taxpayer's money is wasted on the monarchy.
      April 10, 2017 8:16 AM MDT

As much as US taxpayer money is being wasted on the Trumps?  What a revoltin' development! Thank you for your reply HarryD and Happy Tuesday to thee! :)
      April 11, 2017 7:00 AM MDT

I trust bacon more.
      April 11, 2017 10:03 AM MDT