Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Holidays » Happy Mother's Day to all you moms out there. Hope your special day is very special. Will you see YOUR mom?

Happy Mother's Day to all you moms out there. Hope your special day is very special. Will you see YOUR mom?

Wives,husbands, partners, girlfriends, boyfriends, lovers, friends can appear and disappear repeatedly in your life. Mothers are forever! :)

Posted - May 14, 2017

Responses

Happy Mother's Day, Rosie.  Hope you enjoy your special day. :)
      May 14, 2017 10:15 AM MDT

Thanks Spunky and right back atcha! It started off spectacularly! Who could ask for anything more? Happy Mother's Day Sunday! :)
      May 14, 2017 10:29 AM MDT

The sun finally came out this morning.  We had a couple of very light sprinkles, but the sun is out again.  Perfect kind of day. :)
      May 14, 2017 2:12 PM MDT

Excellent! Ours was quite lovely too! Happy Monday Spunky! :)
      May 15, 2017 4:44 AM MDT

Happy Monday, Rosie. :)
      May 15, 2017 8:34 AM MDT

Thank you Rosie, same to you.
      May 14, 2017 11:01 AM MDT

You're welcome Lulu'sMom! Thank you for your reply m'dearie dear and Happy Monday! :)
      May 15, 2017 4:45 AM MDT

Happy Mother's Day Rosie.  Thank you.  Going shopping sometime this week by my oldest daughter. Our middle daughter bought me shoes and our youngest daughter bought me a journal since she knows I love to write.  She's also making me dinner. My mom passed away in 1971, so I can't be with her. I wish I could! 
      May 14, 2017 11:02 AM MDT

Condolences on the loss of your mother sweetie thought it was long ago. I know you will never stop missing her. But she is always with you and in your heart and you are part of her! How splendid that you were able to spend time with your children! Sounds awesomely wonderful! Our sons live in different states so we get cards and phone calls which is fine of course. But not quite as good as a hug. Our Nevada son will be coming down in early June. To move his fiancee up to where he lives. She waited until her youngest graduated from high school. She is a lovely woman and we're so happy for him. Anyway he will be very busy but will have a little time to spend with us one morning while his fiancee works her last day! So we will hug then! Thank you for sharing how your lovely daughters chose to honor you. I bet you are very proud of them! Happy Monday SA! :)
      May 15, 2017 4:50 AM MDT

Thank you Rosie. Have a great week  ;)
      May 15, 2017 7:05 AM MDT

You guys have a different mother's day to us.. so it's not mother's day here.. just as well as my mum died several years ago.. it's not my fav day.
      May 14, 2017 1:23 PM MDT

Totally understandable.  My mom passed away in 1971, when I was 17.  Mother's Day just isn't the same without her, although I do have my own children.  I do appreciate what they do for me.  It's not my fav day either. 
      May 14, 2017 1:33 PM MDT

Condolences to thee Addb.  I know you will never stop missing her but she really hasn't left you. She inhabits your memories and DNA and remains in your heart forever. But I understand how holidays and anniversaries and birthdays can be hard. After awhile the pain lessens. It's just part of the circle of life. Thank you for your reply and Happy Monday! :)
      May 15, 2017 4:53 AM MDT

When all else fails, ya got ya mother!  When my 86 y.o. mother gets home from church today, I put a new hanging basket of flowers on her front porch. Every year, a bird builds it's nest in the hanging basket. Very quaint. 
      May 14, 2017 1:45 PM MDT

That is so lovely bh. Really.  Very Norman Rockwell Saturday Evening Post lovely in fact. Thank you for sharing that with us. I wish your mom a very healthy and happy continued LONG life!  She is lucky to have you! Happy Monday! :)
      May 15, 2017 4:55 AM MDT

• The hand that rocks the cradle is the hand that rules the world. The influence of a mother cannot be accurately measured except perhaps to say that her children will rise up and call her blessed as we're reminded in scripture. To all those who have sacrificed so much in the realm of motherhood, this day yours and you are worthy to be honored and remembered for unconditional love and support. My own is approaching 86 and though she is disabled and confined to her home, she remains a powerful force and influence to all who know her.
      May 14, 2017 1:50 PM MDT

Bless her and keep her safe and well driftwood. Thank you for your thoughtful and poetic reply and Happy Monday to you! :)
      May 15, 2017 4:56 AM MDT

Not this year.
      May 14, 2017 3:38 PM MDT

Perhaps next year then Star. Thank you for your reply and Happy Monday! :)
      May 15, 2017 4:57 AM MDT

thanks but i dont have kids and i wish i could see my mom but both my parents have been gone for yrs
      May 14, 2017 4:22 PM MDT

Condolences pearl. Thank you for your reply and Happy Monday! :)
      May 15, 2017 4:58 AM MDT

I can't even visit her grave as often as I'd like to, it's 1000 miles away. This was the third Mother's Day I endured without seeing or speaking to her, I wish it was getting easier and less painful but it isn't :-(
      May 15, 2017 12:32 AM MDT

It will Sbf. It just takes time. Of course she never left you. She lives in your memories of her, in your heart and in your DNA. You couldn't get rid of her if you tried. My mom was cremated and her ashes scattered in the ocean off the coast of San Diego. So I have no physical place to go to pay my respects. So this is what I do. I visualize a beautiful day at the beach. A slight breeze. The sun shining like diamonds on the water. Do you remember the fairy tale of the mermaid who fell in love with a human and became a mortal for love of him? Her feet pained her with every step. She was in agony. She tried and failed to get him to love her. When she died her spirit rose to heaven and became vapor. I think of my mom still there amidst the clouds. It comforts me. Maybe you can visualize your mom's grave and visit her in spirit and mind and heart. A body, after all, isn't the most important part of you. It's what lies inside and that can go anywhere at any time! Thank you for your reply Sbf! ((hugs)) This post was edited by RosieG at May 15, 2017 5:05 AM MDT
      May 15, 2017 5:03 AM MDT