Active Now

Malizz
Shuhak
Discussion » Questions » Politics » What to do with a politican who is too stupid to know his lies will be caught? See pict.

What to do with a politican who is too stupid to know his lies will be caught? See pict.

Senator Manchin (D) of West Virginia

Posted - May 20, 2017

Responses

lol.  It looks like he wants to get along with everybody.
      May 20, 2017 4:26 PM MDT

Glad he is not my Senator.
      May 20, 2017 5:47 PM MDT

I could probably find cases of other politicians doing the same thing but Senator Manchin just made it way too easy!
      May 20, 2017 5:53 PM MDT

Perhaps he's pro-choice.  It looks to me more like a photo-op and he's holding the placard of each of his constituents, not necessarily pushing either agenda.
      May 20, 2017 7:00 PM MDT

He claims to be a prolife Democrat.
      May 20, 2017 7:06 PM MDT

As I said, it appears he was holding the sign of the people who were in the picture with him, not that he was carrying that sign himself.
      May 20, 2017 7:59 PM MDT

Trump has been doing precisely that since he was elected. Criticized Obama for playing golf on vacation - has spent more time on the golf course in his first 100 days as POTUS than Obama did in his entire first term. Ripped Michelle for not wearing a headscarf while in Saudi Arabia - guess whose head was bare as she disembarked from Air Force One yesterday? Sent conflicting and confusing reasons on why Comey was fired, which is what happens when you make your lies up on the fly.
    Then there's this, one sentence from Donald Trump at Sun City, South Carolina, on July 21 2016...
    'Look, having nuclear—my uncle was a great professor and scientist and engineer, Dr. John Trump at MIT; good genes, very good genes, OK, very smart, the Wharton School of Finance, very good, very smart—you know, if you're a conservative Republican, if I were a liberal, if, like, OK, if I ran as a liberal Democrat, they would say I'm one of the smartest people anywhere in the world—it's true!—but when you're a conservative Republican they try—oh, do they do a number—that's why I always start off: Went to Wharton, was a good student, went there, went there, did this, built a fortune—you know I have to give my, like, credentials all the time, because we're a little disadvantaged—but you look at the nuclear deal, the thing that really bothers me—it would have been so easy, and it's not as important as these lives are (nuclear is powerful; my uncle explained that to me many, many years ago, the power and that was 35 years ago; he would explain the power of what's going to happen and he was right—who would have thought?), but when you look at what's going on with the four prisoners—now it used to be three, now it's four—but when it was three and even now, I would have said it's all in the messenger, fellas, and it is fellas because, you know, they don't, they haven't figured that the women are smarter right now than the men, so you know, it's gonna take them about another 150 years—but the Persians are great negotiators, the Iranians are great negotiators, so, and they, they just killed, they just killed us.'

"Planned parenthood" is a misnomer. Surely birth control and abortion are planning NOT to be a parent? 

(Incidentally I'm in favour of contraception but not abortion. Contra ISN'T difficult.) This post was edited by Slartibartfast at May 21, 2017 10:07 AM MDT
      May 20, 2017 9:53 PM MDT

Planning to be, or planning not to be, are both examples of planning parenthood.
      May 21, 2017 4:12 AM MDT

Hard to believe we don't appreciate having such an intelligent and articulate president. 

May 21, 2017 10:08 AM MDT

Since you asked, I'm pretty sure we're getting ready to impeach one! 

Ironically, Trump claimed to be "very pro-choice" (including 3rd trimester abortions!)when he thought he had a better shot at becoming president as a democrat rather than a republican. 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2016/04/03/donald-trumps-ever-shifting-positions-on-abortion/?utm_term=.7bcff8dba3da
      May 20, 2017 10:10 PM MDT

not sure what to do with him
      May 23, 2017 4:21 PM MDT