Active Now

Element 99
Slartibartfast
Discussion » Questions » Emotions » Have you done your bit to 'spread a little happiness' today?

Have you done your bit to 'spread a little happiness' today?

Have you made anyone smile?  Are you a walking little ray of sunshine? A lovely lady who used to teach law once said to me that I would still smile and joke no matter what.. Lol I was telling her how my car had just been smashed into by a bus... Are you someone who is always happy? Or tries to be?

Posted - June 1, 2017

Responses

I'm more likely to inspire groans and eye rolls - my (grand)dad jokes and puns are truly awful.

Incidentally my daughter is a little Rae of sunshine, because that's her name.
      June 1, 2017 4:51 PM MDT

• Denying the sorrows and misfortunes of life in likely to lead to mental problems.  The notion of always being, or pretending to be happy is rubbish.
      June 1, 2017 7:16 PM MDT

Well, of course that would be true, if one were pretending..  I cannot speak for others of course but in my case it wouldn't be pretending.. it's just about perspective.. two people can view the same thing in entirely different ways, one might be philosophical, one might be devastated.. one might be devastated and one might see it as an opportunity..  Just natural differences..  You are totally correct though that denying one's feelings and anger are not good. 
      June 2, 2017 8:53 AM MDT

I went swimming today which makes me happy,  and when I'm happier,  everything around me seems to be a little brighter.  Happy Ness rubs off I guess. 
      June 1, 2017 7:21 PM MDT

Meh.  I could do better.  I did a few nice things, but nothing major.  I'll try harder, I have a half a day still. 
      June 1, 2017 8:00 PM MDT

i tried
      June 2, 2017 4:38 PM MDT