Active Now

Element 99
Shuhak
Discussion » Questions » Legal » What criminal did you find the most interesting/memorable?

What criminal did you find the most interesting/memorable?

Posted - June 2, 2017

Responses

Trump is kinda hard to forget.
      June 2, 2017 11:20 PM MDT

I had to stifle myself from printing yet another picture of him. 

It actually looks more like Michael Keaton. This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at June 3, 2017 6:28 AM MDT
      June 2, 2017 11:21 PM MDT

My Grandfather he had the biggest illegal gambling business in Souther Ontario back in the day - he told me a lot of interesting stories. Cheers!
      June 3, 2017 12:16 AM MDT

1.  The Natalee Holloway case.  I was very interested in what happened to her; she was from my neighborhood.  I do believe that Joran Van der Sloot took part in killing her.

2.  Diane Downs, a woman who shot her three children killing one of them back in the 80s.  She played the Duran Duran Hungry Like a Wolf while she had her killing spree.  I can't stand to hear than song after watching the movie about her.  Hopefully Downs will never be paroled.

3.  Susan Smith, a South Carolina woman who drowned her two baby boys back in the 90s so she could have a life with a guy named Tom Findlay for whom she worked; Findlay grew up in my neighborhood.I didn't know him and he was older than my older daughter; he graduated from Auburn.  Hopefully this woman will never be paroled.
      June 3, 2017 1:53 AM MDT

I am very familiar with all three of these.

I would also add Casey Anthony to the mix.

Thanks Thrifty.
      June 3, 2017 6:22 AM MDT

Ivan Milat, the "backpacker murderer", and Martin Bryant, the perpetrator of the "Port Arthur Massacre", also come to mind.
      June 3, 2017 6:26 AM MDT

"There is no distinctly American criminal class - except Congress." - Mark Twain
      June 3, 2017 6:27 AM MDT

none of them
      June 3, 2017 1:50 PM MDT

She is officially not a criminal because she was acquitted (rightfully so, in my opinion) but based on the fact that, by far, the majority of true crime cases I've read have been about Lizzie Borden (the Andrew/Abby Borden double murder), then I guess that indicates I've been most interested in her.
    She's definitely memorable.

June 3, 2017 3:29 PM MDT