Active Now

Element 99
Danilo_G
Malizz
Spunky
Discussion » Questions » Music » As I went to collect son's jeep the other day, I noticed the wild roses were out..all along the motorway.. Are they flowering where you are?

As I went to collect son's jeep the other day, I noticed the wild roses were out..all along the motorway.. Are they flowering where you are?

I wondered are they the same as the ones we have?  Ours are sort of pale pink and white, single flowers. They often grow in hedgerows in the wild but I noticed the ones along the motorway were on free standing bushes.

It also made me think of this song, which has been stuck in my head ever since.. It's a kinda sad song but I love it because it reminds me of the old ballads/folk songs my mum used to sing to me..it's of that kind of vibe.

Posted - June 4, 2017

Responses

The only wild roses around here are weeds. The cultivated roses are pruned and sleeping. The eucalypts, wattles and sheaoaks are standing green, the deciduous imports are leafless and desolate. Nothing in flower.
      June 4, 2017 3:55 PM MDT

Yes, these are weeds too.. wild, native I believe.. Presumably the cultivated roses were originally bred from the wild rose.  I like wild flowers :)
      June 4, 2017 3:59 PM MDT

It's climate change for believers, climate change affect many wild growing things.
      June 4, 2017 4:02 PM MDT

Ya the wild roses around here started blooming about a week ago. It always amasses me how fast they bloom - last week I only seen a couple flowers this week it's 1000's. Cheers!
      June 4, 2017 5:38 PM MDT

I have had a few blooms in my garden so far. I hope to have many more.
      June 5, 2017 7:29 AM MDT

we used to have flowers on the trees here but the wind blew them away
      June 5, 2017 4:59 PM MDT

• Buttercups and Magnolias are blooming everywhere. Not really sure magnolias count as wild flowers though. 
      June 5, 2017 5:19 PM MDT