Discussion » Questions » Emotions » If YOU were accused of things you did not say/do wouldn't you WELCOME an investigation to clear you? Who wouldn't? Why?

If YOU were accused of things you did not say/do wouldn't you WELCOME an investigation to clear you? Who wouldn't? Why?

Posted - June 16, 2017

Responses

It has been a long time since the phrase "witch hunt" had anything to do with witchcraft.

Remember, for people to actually hunt witches, they must first believe witches wield some sort of power.
      June 16, 2017 7:56 AM MDT

Apologies JakobA but how does this reply answer my question? If you're innocent why would you do everything in your power to stop an investigation that would PROVE it? Thank you for your response.
      June 17, 2017 4:55 AM MDT

I think I wrote that in response to another question where the phrase 'witch hunt' was used along with the word 'witch' :-))
      June 17, 2017 5:16 AM MDT

Oh. Gotcha! I have done that sometimes as well. Thanks for clarifying it! :)
      June 17, 2017 5:17 AM MDT

Not necessarily. An investigation may distract from important business, it tends to create suspicion especially if the media sensationalize it, which they usually do. Some people are happiest when they are seeing the worst in others. Please do not interpret this as a defense of anyone being investigated, nor as a disagreement with your statement, let alone an insult or attack on the question. I'm just giving a reason someone might want to avoid an investigation even if not guilty.
      June 16, 2017 8:14 AM MDT

Did you ever hear of a cangaroo court ? Or railroading ?

It kinda depends on what the purpose of the investigation is: to find the truth or to get a conviction.
      June 17, 2017 10:53 PM MDT

probably
      June 18, 2017 3:29 PM MDT