Active Now

Element 99
Danilo_G
Discussion » Questions » Arts » Yet another lonely category:( I've got one. What sort of art do you enjoy doing? Draw? Paint? Ceramics? Architect? Sculpture?Conceptual?

Yet another lonely category:( I've got one. What sort of art do you enjoy doing? Draw? Paint? Ceramics? Architect? Sculpture?Conceptual?

Posted - June 27, 2017

Responses

You're welcome. You are the first.  I've never done that before.  Thanks for sharing. :) :)
      June 29, 2017 5:47 PM MDT

And you're welcome, too!
    :)

I'm honored you found my answer worthy of your first Pick!
      June 29, 2017 6:01 PM MDT

ive never been much of an artist, not even when i was a kid
      June 28, 2017 3:31 PM MDT

• Not much of an artist. I've never been too good at drawing, though I used to enjoy drawing maps of fictional cities. I do compose a little music here and there, and I consider working on my constructed language art :)
      June 28, 2017 6:04 PM MDT

My first instinct in response to this question was to say writing, but now that I've turned some of it into a career it's not as therapeutic as it used to be. When I do write for me, I just free journal or even scribble down words that sound nice with no regard to their meaning. That's one of my favorite ways to release tension. Just recently I've discovered that I do enjoy painting quite a bit too! But it's like coloring; if I don't have a pattern to go by or a picture to fill in I balk at the idea of creating visual art.

This thread has been inspiring!
      June 29, 2017 6:06 PM MDT

It is wonderful you can and do write. Words are another creative art that many overlook.  Some think of it as a just a class they have to take in school or something forced upon them.  What some don't seem to realize is it is an incredibly powerful tool and a necessity to live in the world.  We would only live in the now if we didn't have written words or some symbol that resembles a sound to communicate.  Think about how lost we would be! Gives me the shivers!  
    I thought for a while I would like to write.  But, I didn't have a lot of confidence and figured everyone is gaming instead of reading now a days.  If there were one thing I wish I was wrong about, it is that statement.  I love to read and take journeys some authors send me on.  
    Good for you mk1217.  I would love to read some of your work if you I could.  Until then, have a great night and I hope to see you soon on another question and read some of your work if I can, too.  :)  Take Care! :)
      June 29, 2017 6:32 PM MDT

P.S. mk1217, thank you for saying this thread was inspiring.  That makes me feel good and I think it has been too!  Big happy smiles to you!
      June 29, 2017 6:34 PM MDT

The thought of words somehow magically disappearing from the world is so mind boggling it almost hurts. You're right! It's scary to think about where we would be - or wouldn't be - without these funny little letters and symbols to communicate with each other. 

Ahhh, yes, I was actually thinking of posting one of my short stories in the short stories group here. I'm nervous! >.< 
      July 5, 2017 9:08 AM MDT

Good Morning mk~ I think it would be wonderful if you posted something of your work.  I'm not sure how much traffic the short stories group gets here but it is worth a shot.  I don't want you to be disappointed if it doesn't get a lot of response. :)  Have you searched under short stories?  Like WritersCafe.com?  or maybe:

https://www.booksie.com/

Booksie is a free online publishing site that allows writers to easily post, share, and promote their writing.

I don't know if that is what you are looking for but maybe you would receive a bigger response. :)  I typed in my browser, "places to go to post short stories for free."  

I would love to read it though.  Whatever action you choose, please let me know.  I would love to read it!  Have a great day! Love, Merlin
      July 5, 2017 9:33 AM MDT

Your responses always make my day! You're so pleasant. :) I'll definitely be doing this. Booksie looks like a great place! I'll hunt one down and post it later this week - you'll be the first to know! :)
      July 5, 2017 9:42 PM MDT

I have done many kinds of art:
    1. Painting--using oils, acrylics. 
    2. Drawing & coloring--using pencils, charcoal, and ink. Also colored pencils.
    3. Ceremics
    4. Stained glass.
    5. Collage, mixed media.
    6. Conceptual? Now your getting into the styles of art. Contemporary art uses conceptual style. I like Modern Art , Impressionism, & Post Modern. But I've done all kinds of style, just so I can learn the different ways to use mediums. 
      July 5, 2017 10:22 PM MDT

• i make some drawings, and I have tried some water color painting. It is difficult to control at first. I posed for an artist, and he taught me some about drawing and painting. He also does some ceramics, enameling and sculpture plus writing books and illustrating them. I can learn much from him. 
      August 3, 2017 7:36 AM MDT