Active Now

Flint Ironstag
Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Religion and Spirituality » Headline says: "UK's first gay Muslim marriage". Is that first gay Muslim marriage or just first in UK? Also, is that forbidden in Quran?

Headline says: "UK's first gay Muslim marriage". Is that first gay Muslim marriage or just first in UK? Also, is that forbidden in Quran?

EDIT: Just read that they had been harassed and threatened. Rather or not someone agrees with it, I don't think that anyone should be harassing them. That's sad.

Posted - July 12, 2017

Responses

Headline says: "UK's first gay Muslim marriage". Is that first gay Muslim marriage or just first in UK? Also, is that forbidden in Quran?

EDIT: Just read that they had been harassed and threatened. Rather or not someone agrees with it, I don't think that anyone should be harassing them. That's sad.

====================================

One of the conditions required by orthodox Islam for marriage is that it should be between a man and a woman. That has also tended to be a requirement in many religions and in countries throughout the world.

However, there are an increasing number of countries which legally recognise same gender marriages. In countries where such marriages are legal gay people of all religions and none might seek to legitimise their relationship under those laws.

Disagreeing, objecting, arguing against, protesting, picketing and the likes are an important part of expression of opinion and are exercised wherever they are allowed.

August 1, 2017 4:56 AM MDT

Is that first gay Muslim marriage or just first in UK? Also, is that forbidden in Quran?
      August 1, 2017 12:14 PM MDT

I think point #1 in my answer is not arguable and would rule out same gender marriages.

I'm afraid I have not googled to see if it was the first in the UK or the first in the world. However, I doubt if it was the first time two Muslim men have been in a sexual union. 
      August 1, 2017 1:10 PM MDT

I was thinking you might tell us what the Quran says? Here is a link posted by Hezekiah that seems to imply the Quran is against it? But then again, I know that you often put more weight on additional outside commentary than you do on any scriptures.
    https://www.missionislam.com/knowledge/homosexuality.htm

We also sent Lut : He said to his people : "Do ye commit lewdness such as no people in creation (ever) committed before you? For ye practice your lusts on men in preference to women: ye are indeed a people transgressing beyond bounds." Qur'an 7:80-81

"What! Of all creatures do ye come unto the males, and leave the wives your Lord created for you? Nay, but ye are forward folk." Qur'an 26:165

August 3, 2017 7:18 AM MDT