Active Now

my2cents
Discussion » Statements » PETROL and DIESEL.

PETROL and DIESEL.

From 2040 the UK has banned petrol and diesel cars from all roads in the UK,  the only cars allowed from 2040 will be electric cars.

Posted - July 26, 2017

Responses

that dont sound right
      July 26, 2017 1:53 PM MDT

I do not believe that is correct.

[ edit ]
    Well OK it ssems that some UK want some such laws effected: https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/07/25/new-diesel-petrol-cars-banned-uk-roads-2040-government-unveils/

But if you read the article You will see they are up against strong opposition. I doubt it will actually happen.
    [ /edit ]
    This post was edited by JakobA the unAmerican. at July 27, 2017 3:35 AM MDT
      July 26, 2017 4:00 PM MDT

It's a proposed bill, not passed into law yet.
    It will probably face an amendment from the floor, banning the sale of NEW petrol and diesel vehicles. In its current form, it won't pass.
      July 26, 2017 6:47 PM MDT

I'm not driving electric and I think there will be objections to this anyway, there are cleaner fuels they just won't let us use them, that tells me this is less about "Saving the Planet" and more about control and money.  The batteries are going to be a nightmare to get rid of, they certainly are not environmentally friendly. 

What about the old car collectors and drivers, what about motorbikes, you think the bike clubs are going to drive electric bikes? What happened to enjoying the sound of an engine?  I've nearly been run over a few times now by those electric cars.  Can you imagine going to a racing track and there being no sound?

Still with electric cars "they" can control them, unlike diesel or petrol cars.

Project Vault 7 :- https://www.techradar.com/news/wikileaks-vault-7-what-you-need-to-know-about-the-alleged-cia-hacking

Not only that, but WikiLeaks notes that the ability to hack into connected cars would enable the CIA to use the cars for “undetectable assassinations.” This post was edited by kjames at July 27, 2017 4:07 PM MDT
      July 27, 2017 4:06 PM MDT

Interesting . . . where is that "electricity" supposed to come from? Has Great Britain found some vast underground electricity deposits somewhere in the world that they can exploit cheaply?  (Solar electrical energy generation doesn't count as it's been around since the late 1800's and, considering the total cost to manufacture solar cells, is still one of the most expensive and pollution-heavy electrical energy sources.)
      July 27, 2017 4:17 PM MDT

Electric cars will never replace diesel and petrol vehicles in 22 years time......firstly the petrol chemical industry will never let it happen ......another reason is that the production of lithium for batteries pollutes huge areas in China, eastern Europe ,Canada ...
    There is also the fact that Heavy Goods Vehicles could never be replaced by  electric powered vehicles.....

Ships burn crude oil.......thousands of jet planes burn aviation fuel ....the military vehicles,tanks etc all burn diesel .....

Also peoples use Diesel as central heating oil.....farmers use diesel for their all of their agricultural  vehicles...

it will never ever happen.....

How many new nuclear power stations world wide will be needed to reproduce the extra electrical power to recharge countless millions of batteries ......
    Pollution then really will  be horrific....  
      July 31, 2017 3:53 PM MDT

Another thing......all governments will loose countless billions in fuel taxes levied on oil based fuels and everyone will face huge hikes in their electricity bills to make up said tax losses ......it will effect everyone .even those that's never owned a vehicle ....
      July 31, 2017 4:05 PM MDT