Discussion » Questions » answerMug Members » Do you like my new avatar? I'm studying Leonardo da Vinci.

Do you like my new avatar? I'm studying Leonardo da Vinci.

I'm using Marcel Duchamps's idea of changing the "Mona Lisa", to fit the hair styles of today. I like this hair style. The Renaissance artists are interesting. I'll ask you a few questions and see what you know about them. 

Posted - July 29, 2017

Responses

I think it's great.  It gives me an idea.  I'll have to think of a great painting that I can cut and paste my own face into...  wait!  I've got it.  Be right back.
      July 29, 2017 1:45 PM MDT

yes, its cute
      July 29, 2017 2:25 PM MDT

@Thanks, Pearl! 
      July 29, 2017 2:27 PM MDT

It's cool :) I once became obsessed with Van Gogh..  It was really just because of a song.. Vincent, by Don McLean. I was obsessed with the song, it's one I know every single word to, and I would sing it often to myself and my kids.. But because I loved the song I wanted to learn more about the painter..  and then I became obsessed with him :P  

I remember being very lucky to go with a friend to the Rijks museum in Amsterdam, it had just reopened after 10 years of refurbishment, (I am sure it opened specially for me and my one day visit to the country :P) and I came across a Van Gogh.. I squealled and jumped up and down excitedly.. this painting before me had really been painted by Van Gogh's hand.. really, really, HE painted it.. in person.. lol you get the idea.. My friend was SO embarrassed.. He was sure we would be thrown out :P  

There were a lot of really cool renaissance paintings there too and I was pretty blown away by them but Van Gogh really does it for me :P 

I remember being very impressed at this one!

Image result for the night watch rembrandt worth
      July 29, 2017 3:40 PM MDT

Wouldn't a modern Mona Lisa look more like this?

July 29, 2017 10:58 PM MDT

• "Yes" ... it's nice.
      July 29, 2017 11:46 PM MDT

It’s an extremely attractive look, yes.
    ~
      November 18, 2022 9:08 AM MST