Discussion » Questions » Current Events and News » What ideas do you have for the conservation of tigers, on this International Tiger Day?

What ideas do you have for the conservation of tigers, on this International Tiger Day?

Or how about a tiger in a song or in art? (Example: Art: "Tiger", by Kano Motonobu, 16th century. 

Posted - July 29, 2017

Responses

Make anyone who kills one or mistreats one spend the rest of his days paying back mother nature by hitting him in the wallet.  Then jail time is also in order.

A year in prison.   10 years cleaning up zoos and 10 years cleaning up zoos with most of the pay going to tiger conservation.  Or death.  Let them choose.

More than the tiger got to do.

July 29, 2017 2:18 PM MDT

none since i dont know much about it
      July 29, 2017 2:31 PM MDT

I am reminded of the poem that goes, 

Tiger, tiger burning bright, 
    In the forests of the night
    What immortal hand or eye, 
    Could frame thy fearful symmetry?

Doesn't that say it all.. the tiger is something special.. and should be preserved for future generations to appreciate.. 

I am a real conservationist at heart.. the idea that we should pass on a world that is at least as rich in diversity as the one we inherited speaks to my very soul... 
      July 29, 2017 3:25 PM MDT

There was a Kentucky Derby winner who's owner chose to hunt tigers in Asia on the day of the Derby. Is that strange or what? (he killed 2 tigers)  If you live in certain parts of Asia, you want all the tigers dead. 
      July 29, 2017 5:36 PM MDT

Economic sanctions against Indonesia, until they stop deforestation which is driving the Sumatran tiger to extinction. A blanket international ban on the use of palm oil (which is carcinogenic) - that's why they are clearing the jungle, to plant oil palms. Incarcerate all Chinese who use tiger products in bogus "traditional medicine" which has no therapeutic effect whatsoever. This post was edited by Slartibartfast at July 29, 2017 10:09 PM MDT
      July 29, 2017 10:06 PM MDT