Discussion » Questions » Emotions » Do you NEED people more than they need you or is it the other way around? Why?

Do you NEED people more than they need you or is it the other way around? Why?

Posted - August 4, 2017

Responses

I hope it is 50/50.

August 4, 2017 1:12 PM MDT

• I was always the youngest so I needed everyone else growing up and then as my parents got older they started needing me.
    When my dad was sick he needed me, after he passed now my mom needs me, my ex wife needed me at one time, my sister's health is not always great and sometimes she needs me, my son needs me and after my brother passed I feel like his daughter may need me too?
    My family has helped me out alot so now it's my turn to do my best to be here for them.
    I love them so it feels good to help out when I can.
      August 4, 2017 1:27 PM MDT

I  think you are all lucky to have one another. My Jim took care of his parents when they needed him. First his mom, then his dad. You were on good terms with your ex-wife to be there for her when she needed you which speaks very well of you. I think it speaks well of her too. I think kindness is about the greatest gift you can give to others. If you're kind you don't lie or harm or cheat. Many good things flow from kindness. I think it's my favorite word. You know the song "What the world needs now is love just love...."? There are many heartless people who think that is hokey and for saps/suckers. If they love at all it is themselves first and foremost. Thank you for your reply Truthseeker.
      August 5, 2017 2:29 AM MDT

• Oh actually I'm not on great terms with my ex wife right now.
    I just meant that when we were together I did my best to always take care of her.
    We were together for so long that I remember teaching her to drive a car so she could get her driver's license.
    Anyway all the hstory between us is important, but she did totally betray me, like beyond what I thought she was even capable of so I just stay away from her as much as possible for my own sanity.
    I love her and probably always will in some ways.
    I also hate her so much, but if anything ever happened to her I would probably lose it and be a total mess if that makes any sense?
    It's complicated and mentioning her makes me go on and on and on.
    Sorry.
      August 5, 2017 9:11 AM MDT

No apologies necessary. Relationships are complicated. There is often a very thin line between love and hate. People change. Or maybe it is rather that they eventually reveal themselves. Either way you deal with it as best you can and move on. Thank you for your thoughtful answer Truthseeker and Happy Sunday! :)
      August 6, 2017 2:43 AM MDT

My family is like a bus station: a lot of familiar faces passing through, but nobody wants to get chummy. Everybody else emphatically denies needing anything from me. If they need something, they will beat it out of me.
      August 4, 2017 2:48 PM MDT

seems like it sometimes
      August 4, 2017 3:58 PM MDT

I don't need anyone...people need me.
      August 4, 2017 5:10 PM MDT

Yes you do Ele. Or you wouldn't show up here on Answermug regularly as you do. You do need people. You just won't admit it for some reason. Thank you for your reply and Happy Saturday! :)
      August 5, 2017 2:31 AM MDT