Active Now

Danilo_G
Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Books and Literature » What is the first sentence of the book you are reading?

What is the first sentence of the book you are reading?

Yesterday was National Book Lovers Day, so my mind has been on books. I love to read. Here is my book's first sentence: "The imposter borrowed the name of Neville Manchin, an actual professor of American literature at Portland State and soon-to-be doctoral student at Stanford." It is a book about a rare-book heist. Name: "Camino Island", by John Grisham. The first sentence is an important part of writing books.

Posted - August 10, 2017

Responses

I am not sure about this one... I just finished it.. there was no happy ending and I really like happy endings..But at the same time it was interesting and it was about human nature, why we do the things we do, our frailties as human beings, our pride and the cruel twists of fate that so often happen. Even so I wanted a happy ending :P
      August 11, 2017 3:48 PM MDT

i havent been reading lately, been more into the net
      August 10, 2017 3:52 PM MDT

• At 2:37 A/M. a stately red 1933 Deusenberg "SJ Speedster" emerged from the garage of a house just off Sunset Blvd. and just south of 39th Avenue in San Francsisco and headed north on Sunset. 
      August 12, 2017 8:23 AM MDT

His moist finger found his way down her wanting heaving hips.
      August 12, 2017 9:03 AM MDT

She said from a book, not your fantasies about the UPS guy.
      August 12, 2017 9:10 AM MDT

This is a book I have read many times.  I am not reading it at the moment; however, it is one of my all-times favorites.
    It begins like this:

"It was morning, and the new sun sparkled gold across the ripples of a gentle sea."

I highly recommend this book.  It's not long read.  You can finish it in an afternoon.  Hopefully, if you do pick up this book,  it will have a wonderful impact on you. :) :)
      August 12, 2017 9:19 AM MDT

• Sing Oh Goddess of the wrath of Achilles and the sould innumeraable that ir sent hurrying down to Hades' grim realm. 
      September 10, 2017 2:13 PM MDT