Active Now

Danilo_G
Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Music » I know that perfection probably doesn't exist, but I think this song is The Most Perfect Song I've Heard.

I know that perfection probably doesn't exist, but I think this song is The Most Perfect Song I've Heard.

"Ode to Billie Joe" by Bobbie Gentry

I've said it all before - - but I love all of this record. The poetry of the lyrics, Gentry's performance, the musical background arrangement.

What do you think? Do you have a song in mind that approaches perfection to you?

Posted - August 20, 2017

Responses

Thank you for taking what time you have to even try and listen to anything.   I know how hard it is when so many people are clamoring for a listen here.  You are a busy guy. 
      August 21, 2017 7:00 PM MDT

You're very perceptive, Shar to the Rona. Yes, I'm not bragging but I did listen to every song that people posted - - I think I should since I asked this type of question. It take me over an hour to listen and respond! Ha! I'm sure you're just as busy but you've picked up on my busy-ness. And even when I'm not so busy, my mind still goes at a busy pace.
    :)

You're welcome for my listening -- and I"m hopeless, I think the main adult guy in this music video is quite the handsome chap!
      August 21, 2017 7:08 PM MDT

That's why I quit doing it years ago. I just loved listening to all the music at first, but then I just had no time at all.  There were too many and I just couldn't do it.   Hope you are having fun.
      August 21, 2017 7:13 PM MDT

Yeah, it's good. I'm just finding myself more tired these past few months than usual, so I may not be asking such questions so often, maybe. I want to give time to people who have given me their time to answer -- and I'm really happy when people answer my questions! Sometimes I get no answers at all, ha!

I think I'll be off soon for now and go recline and read my current book I"m reading.
      August 21, 2017 7:22 PM MDT

Take it easy.  See you soon and you don't have to answer right now.  Take it easy already. 
      August 21, 2017 7:28 PM MDT

December 26, 2017 6:39 PM MST

• I don't think there is such a song, but I know you'd be surprised if I didn't choose this one ...

Enya - "Caribbean Blue"

December 26, 2017 6:53 PM MST