Discussion » Questions » Religion and Spirituality » Where do bad folks go when they die?

Where do bad folks go when they die?

Posted - August 28, 2017

Responses

• I saw your question and I spent forever trying to get "Lake of fire" to share.
    Then I clicked on your question and I see you already have it, LoL!
    All I could get is the audio too.
    Oh well. : )
      August 28, 2017 11:45 AM MDT

My roommate gave me this book about Evangelicals and how to recognize them.  It is a satire, but it isn't all that funny because it is just true. 

There is nothing to satirize because it is so accurate. 

Essentially, everyone who has not accepted Jesus Christ as his PERSONAL savior is going to hell in a handbasket. 

Now, if you are Catholic or just Christian and just believe in Christ, it doesn't count with these people.  You have to have had some incurable mental malady that made you bad that Jesus came to you and saved you.

Then He is your PERSONAL savior and you are IN. 
      August 28, 2017 11:49 AM MDT

• Yeah it's a little awkward when certain religious beliefs are revealed.
    I believe in god, it's just a personal thing for me.
    I pray when I need to talk to someone, anyone and express my fears and apologies and hopes for people that are sufferering and just anything I need to express, but I think everyone should be tolerant and accepting of one another because I would think that humans are not made to be perfect and surely our creator would understand that and love us no matter our religion, sexuality, ethnicity, country etc.
    There was a woman who is a friend of my mother's and she is very religious and one time my mother told me that this woman came up to her and said something along the lines of "I really love you and think you're great, but I feel so bad for you that you're going to hell."
    She's a really nice person, but I guess she believes anyone who isn't in her religion is going to hell?
    Well, I just live my life and let others live theirs.
    Religion can be a touchy subject, but as long as it seems to be a positive thing in a person's life, I just leave it be.
    Who am I to judge?
    I just try to follow my heart.

This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at August 28, 2017 1:56 PM MDT
      August 28, 2017 12:10 PM MDT

She's not a nice person. 

She is a clueless idiot.  Anyone who is that removed from reality and how other people HER BROTHERS AND SISTERS IN HUMAN FLESH can say such an asshole thing, is not playing with any full deck.

She is a sad person.  A stuck person and she deserves the hell she is living in. Because to think in that stunted way and only hang with people who are just as sick as her?  TRUE HELL. 

Really.  How DARE she? 
      August 28, 2017 12:15 PM MDT

Well said Shar to the ROna. ;)
      August 28, 2017 6:19 PM MDT

She's not a nice person. 

She is a clueless idiot.  Anyone who is that removed from reality and other people -- HER BROTHERS AND SISTERS IN HUMAN FLESH --can say such an ignorant thing, is not playing with any full deck.   I remember being in the second GRADE and telling off my best friend who told the girl next door who was a Lutheran that she was going to hell.  I was 7 and this turned my stomach. And you are trying to defend an adult who thinks like this.  Do not. 

She is a sad person.  A stuck person and she deserves the hell she is living in. Because to think in that stunted way and only hang with people who are just as sick as her?  TRUE HELL. 

Really.  How DARE she? This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at August 28, 2017 12:17 PM MDT
      August 28, 2017 12:15 PM MDT

• Well, the thing is that she was raised in a home where her whole family is involved in that religion.
    Knowing her I don't think she said it as an insult, but rather she is genuinely scared for my mother.
    She only knows what she's been taught.
    I don't know what to say in those situations because everyone grows up in a different environment and she maybe didn't have the freedom I had.
    I feel like I should just be tolerant.
    I mean as long as there's no extremists with guns trying to force their beliefs on me I can always just walk away.
    This is going to sound corny, but love is universal I think and if we learn to just tollerate people's beliefs and focus on a more human connection then most people should be able to get along.

August 28, 2017 12:38 PM MDT

This is going to sound corny, but love is universal I think and if we learn to just tollerate people's beliefs and focus on a more human connection then most people should be able to get along.

That doesn't sound corny, Truthseeker...but beautiful.  You're a good man.
      August 28, 2017 12:52 PM MDT

I think you are right.  But?  I don't see many people who think this, myself included, actually practicing what they preach.  GUILTY. 
      August 28, 2017 12:53 PM MDT

Eh...we are all works in progress.  Certainly what Truthseeker speaks of is easier for some of us than others...and easier with some people than others.  None of us always measure up, but 'tis a worthy goal.

JMHO
      August 28, 2017 1:01 PM MDT

• Aww...thanks so much. : )
      August 28, 2017 1:09 PM MDT

Most welcome.  :)
      August 28, 2017 1:12 PM MDT

That is a fair comment but has it not struck you that it is the very people with beliefs who are not tolerant of others beliefs?
      August 28, 2017 2:01 PM MDT

We all have beliefs.

Some believe in God, a higher power, a collective consciousness, etc., and some believe there is no god and nothing beyond this life.  I have found that many tend to be quite pushy whether they are "believers" or whether they believe there is no god.  Others, regardless of belief, are quite content in their faith, be that in something or nothing beyond our wordly existence, and quite willing to accept that others may believe differently.  
      August 28, 2017 2:21 PM MDT

August 28, 2017 3:37 PM MDT

Atheists have killed millions throughout history, as have religious people.  

Do you seriously have this big of a problem with me telling Truthseeker his statement was beautiful?  If so, I pity you.
      August 28, 2017 3:50 PM MDT

I have no problem whatsoever in you saying his statement was beautiful, in fact I said of your statement 'That is a fair comment'. I also clearly stated where my problem with your statement lay, I do not understand why you have the need to set up a strawman in saying I have a problem with you saying it was 'beautiful'.

I posted the meme in response to your second statement, which again is a very fair comment until you say 'I have found that many tend to be quite pushy whether they are "believers" or whether they believe there is no god', this is putting believers and non believers in the same league, which they clearly are not.

While I cannot disagree that atheists have killed, I can say with confidence that no one has ever been killed in the name of atheism, can the religious say the same in regards to their god?
      August 28, 2017 4:12 PM MDT

Actually, they are in the same league when they push their beliefs, and I have met many atheists who do just that. 

Can you?  No one has ever killed believers because of their belief?  I speak only for myself, I am not an apologist for all people of faith.  

I didn't set up a strawman, you clearly took issue with my statement.  
      August 28, 2017 4:31 PM MDT

I'm sorry.  I'm just reacting to things in my past.  I'm sure you are taking the right course in dealing with her.  You make a lot more sense than I do about the whole thing. You are exhibiting compassion and empathy and I just want to bop her over the head.  LOL
      August 28, 2017 12:52 PM MDT

• I get it.
    I live in a place where I have a lot of personal space.
    I don't have to confront these issues of religion daily so I have time to breathe and think about how I want to handle myself around different people.
    I think you are very intelligent and I feel like you're just frustrated, but you seem like a cool person and you seem open to different ideas and you understand compassion and empathy so I feel like you are trying to deal with this.
    I think it will work out.
    Thanks for listening to my views. : )

August 28, 2017 1:23 PM MDT

My answer is... I don't know.. and I don't know if any of us really know for sure. 
      August 28, 2017 1:48 PM MDT

Well, I certainly cannot PROVE it to anyone but me.  I dont' think we go anywhere because we are bad or good.  I think we come BACK here and re-do what we need to re-do and if we don't get it right the next time, we just are doomed to repeat until we do get it right.
      August 28, 2017 9:27 PM MDT

According to little Billy Mumy's character, in "The Twilight Zone" they go to the cornfield.

(Sorry -- this creepy-to-me "Twilight Zone" episode was the first thing that came to my mind.)

This post was edited by WelbyQuentin at August 28, 2017 5:40 PM MDT
      August 28, 2017 1:58 PM MDT

That depends on which religious sect you are following.
    If you believe what you hear from most Christians, even Hitler went to Heaven because god loves us all soooo much he wouldn't punish us for eternity for a short life of evil.
      August 28, 2017 3:58 PM MDT