Active Now

Danilo_G
Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Religion and Spirituality » This is for those of faith. Why would God create people He despised? He created all of us. How can He be racist/bigoted/prejudiced?

This is for those of faith. Why would God create people He despised? He created all of us. How can He be racist/bigoted/prejudiced?

Posted - September 30, 2017

Responses

I've had white cats and black cats. I've had multi-colored cats. They are all pets and get equal attention from me. I have never accused my cats of racism. 
      September 30, 2017 5:15 AM MDT

:) :) humans have a lot to learn from your cats on that issue :) :) 
      September 30, 2017 9:53 AM MDT

This is for those of faith. Why would God create people He despised? He created all of us. How can He be racist/bigoted/prejudiced?

For those who think they are a superior race, nation or people or that God has a chosen people, race or nation HQ 49:13 says "O mankind! Indeed We created you from one man and one woman, and We made you into nations and tribes, so that ye may (find it easy to) recognise one another. Verily the most honoured of you in the sight of God is (not any people, nation or race but anyone who is) the most righteous of you. Verily God is most knowing, most informed."
      September 30, 2017 10:01 AM MDT

Thank you for your reply CLURT and Happy Sunday! :)
      October 1, 2017 3:15 AM MDT

Quote "For those who think they are a superior race, nation or people or that God has a chosen people, race or nation..."

Don't you often attack the Bible for saying that the offspring of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob would be a chosen nation? Doesn't the Quran say the same about Ishmael?

Quran 3:104 And let there be [arising] from you a nation inviting to [all that is] good, enjoining what is right and forbidding what is wrong, and those will be the successful.
    Quran 3:110 You are the best nation produced [as an example] for mankind. You enjoin what is right and forbid what is wrong and believe in Allah . If only the People of the Scripture had believed, it would have been better for them. Among them are believers, but most of them are defiantly disobedient.

Quran 2:122 O Children of Israel, remember My favor which I have bestowed upon you and that I preferred you over the worlds.
    Quran 2:125 And [mention] when We made the House a place of return for the people and [a place of] security. And take, [O believers], from the standing place of Abraham a place of prayer. And We charged Abraham and Ishmael, [saying], "Purify My House for those who perform Tawaf and those who are staying [there] for worship and those who bow and prostrate [in prayer]."
    Quran 2:127 And [mention] when Abraham was raising the foundations of the House and [with him] Ishmael,[saying], "Our Lord, accept [this] from us. Indeed You are the Hearing, the Knowing.
    Quran 2:128 Our Lord, and make us Muslims [in submission] to You and from our descendants a Muslim nation [in submission] to You. And show us our rites and accept our repentance. Indeed, You are the Accepting of repentance, the Merciful.
      October 2, 2017 9:34 AM MDT

1. I think the accusation "you often attack the Bible" is aggressive and unnecessary. If I don't see in certain passages of the Bible what you see in them and I express MY understanding of those passages, that doesn't constitute an attack, as far as I'm concerned. If anyone thinks that my understanding is flawed then I'd be delighted to examine any good evidence they can produce to back their claim.

2. Anyway, it seems that you have copy pasted the above comments from the comments you posted on October 2, 2017 at 8:32 AM PDT under the question "God/Jesus are anti-racists. Satan? Well hate is his cuppa tea. So racists follow Satan then don't they?" Your comments there too started with "Don't you often attack the Bible for saying that the offspring of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob would be a chosen nation? Doesn't the Quran say the same about Ishmael?"

3. I have therefore copied the relevant points from my response there and pasted them below:

a] I don't like racism and cannot agree with any statement or interpretation that promotes it even if it's in the Bible. I like the statement in the Qur'an [HQ] which addresses the whole of humanity saying "O mankind, We created you from one man and one woman....." thus promoting the brotherhood of humanity and saying that all tribes, races and nations are equal in the eyes of God.

b] What's wrong with the Bible saying "Isaac and Jacob would be a chosen nation ..... Doesn't the Quran say the same about Ishmael?" ------------- No, the HQ does not pitch Ishmael against Isaac. It does not promote the superiority of one over the other. It talks of both as the children of Abraham. 

c] Christians use the Bible to promote a clash between the two sons of Abraham pushing the superiority of one over the other. 

d] The Bible itself, in Genesis 21:18, tells us of God speaking to the second wife of Abraham, the mother of Abraham's first son, Ishmael, "Lift the boy up and take him by the hand, for I will make him into a great nation.”

e] The HQ does not say that Jesus was not from God but Mohammed was. It does not say that Jesus was not the foretold Messiah but Mohammed was. The HQ does not dismiss or belittle either. Each had his role to play.
      October 3, 2017 10:54 AM MDT

If you are talking about the God of the bible, he was for Israel, simple as that.  Even when Israel started praying to other Gods (Baal, Ashtoreth, Asherah, Moloch, Dagon etc) he handed them over to their enemies.
      October 1, 2017 10:27 AM MDT

"the God of the bible, he was for Israel, simple as that." until Paul in the "New" Testament urged the Gentiles to gate crash that exclusive arrangement big time.
      October 1, 2017 3:33 PM MDT

You mean until Muhammad in the Quran gate crashed that exclusive arrangement and inserted his blood line?
      October 2, 2017 9:36 AM MDT

1. "Muhammad in the Quran gate crashed that exclusive arrangement and inserted his blood line?"

2. I think the Qur'an [HQ] is consistent in its portrayal of the mission of Jesus. It says that his mission was to the "bani Israel" meaning the Children of Israel [known as Jacob until, according to the Bible, he wrestled with God and won] As far as I'm aware the HQ does not say that Jesus later opened out his mission to include the Gentiles. If you know of any HQ passage in which he opens out his mission to include Gentiles then do let me know.
      October 3, 2017 11:39 AM MDT

Lol! Well Jesus changed his mind in Matthew - And Jesus came and said to them,  "All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age."

It is all rather odd, Jesus only came for the lost sheep of Israel originally (very Jewish) and then ended up preaching to all nations. 
      October 2, 2017 10:28 AM MDT

Well a little more to it than that. lol

(Daniel 9:24-27) “There are 70 weeks that have been determined for your people and your holy city, in order to terminate the transgression, to finish off sin, to make atonement for error, to bring in everlasting righteousness, to seal up the vision and the prophecy, and to anoint the Holy of Holies. 25 You should know and understand that from the issuing of the word to restore and to rebuild Jerusalem until Mes·siʹah the Leader, there will be 7 weeks, also 62 weeks. She will be restored and rebuilt, with a public square and moat, but in times of distress. 26 “And after the 62 weeks, Mes·siʹah will be cut off, with nothing for himself. “And the people of a leader who is coming will destroy the city and the holy place. And its end will be by the flood. And until the end there will be war; what is decided upon is desolations. 27 “And he will keep the covenant in force for the many for one week; and at the half of the week, he will cause sacrifice and gift offering to cease. “And on the wing of disgusting things there will be the one causing desolation; and until an extermination, what was decided on will be poured out also on the one lying desolate.”

https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/1200000555?q=%22the+Law+covenant+was+abolished+on+the+basis+of+Christ%E2%80%99s+death+on+the+torture+stake+%22&p=par

As for the Jews, the Law covenant was abolished on the basis of Christ’s death on the torture stake (Col 2:14), and the new covenant became operative at Pentecost, 33 C.E. (Compare Ac 2:4; Heb 2:3, 4.) Nevertheless, God extended special favor to the Jews about three and a half years longer. During this time Jesus’ disciples confined their preaching to Jews, Jewish proselytes, and Samaritans. But about 36 C.E. God directed Peter to go to the home of the Gentile Cornelius, a Roman army officer, and by pouring out His holy spirit on Cornelius and his household, showed Peter that Gentiles could now be accepted for water baptism. (Ac 10:34, 35, 44-48) Since God no longer recognized the Law covenant with the circumcised Jews but now recognized only his new covenant mediated by Jesus Christ, natural Jews, whether circumcised or uncircumcised, were not considered by God as being in any special relationship with him. They could not attain to a status with God by observing the Law, which was no longer valid, nor by John’s baptism, which had to do with the Law, but were obliged to approach God through faith in his Son and be baptized in water in the name of Jesus Christ in order to have Jehovah’s recognition and favor.—See SEVENTY WEEKS(Covenant in force “for one week”).

Consequently, after 36 C.E., all, Jews and Gentiles, have had the same standing in God’s eyes. (Ro 11:30-32; 14:12

*** Extracted Document ***
    (Colossians 2:14) and erased the handwritten document that consisted of decrees and was in opposition to us. He has taken it out of the way by nailing it to the torture stake.
    (Acts 2:4) and they all became filled with holy spirit and started to speak in different languages, just as the spirit enabled them to speak.
    (Hebrews 2:3, 4) how will we escape if we have neglected so great a salvation? For it began to be spoken through our Lord and was verified for us by those who heard him, 4 while God joined in bearing witness with signs and wonders and various powerful works and with the holy spirit distributed according to his will.
    (Acts 10:34, 35) At this Peter began to speak, and he said: “Now I truly understand that God is not partial, 35 but in every nation the man who fears him and does what is right is acceptable to him.
    (Acts 10:44-48) While Peter was still speaking about these matters, the holy spirit came upon all those hearing the word. 45 And the circumcised believers who had come with Peter were amazed, because the free gift of the holy spirit was being poured out also on people of the nations. 46 For they heard them speaking in foreign languages and magnifying God. Then Peter responded: 47 “Can anyone deny water to prevent these from being baptized who have received the holy spirit just as we have?” 48 With that he commanded them to be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ. Then they requested him to stay for some days.
    (Romans 11:30-32) For just as you were once disobedient to God but have now been shown mercy because of their disobedience, 31 so also these now have been disobedient with mercy resulting to you, so that they themselves may also now be shown mercy. 32 For God has confined all of them together in disobedience so that he might show all of them mercy.
    (Romans 14:12) So, then, each of us will render an account for himself to God.
      October 2, 2017 3:29 PM MDT

"Jesus changed his mind in Matthew" is a good observation KJ. In fact a study of the Bible and some reports show that:

1- according to his own words Jesus "was sent ONLY to the lost sheep of the nation of Israel." Matthew 15:24

2- this exclusivity continues till the end times "when the son of man (that's Jesus describing himself) shall sit on the throne of his glory, ye (his 12 disciples) also shall sit upon twelve thrones, judging the TWELVE TRIBES OF ISRAEL" (Matthew 19:28).

3- the so called great commission is where, in his appearance after crucifixion, Jesus is reported as saying “go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you.” However, this only appears in the Gospel of Matthew 28:19-20,

4- there is no post crucifixion appearance of Jesus in the oldest manuscript, the Sinai Codex of Mark. This adds to the doubt over the so called "Great Commission" which is often quoted as justification for the deadly commitment with which Christians proselytise often sacrificing whatever it takes in the process, including their lives.

5- even if we accept the passage as it appears in Matthew, we can see from it that Jesus did not want a different set of the laws for the Gentiles. The command says, "ALL NATIONS.....teaching them TO OBEY ALL I HAVE COMMANDED" If ONLY JEWS were meant to obey these laws, then why would Jesus have instructed Jews to teach people of all nations to OBEY these laws?

6- either Jesus did not give the so called "Great Commission" or if he did then his followers decided to disobey the command of "baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:" you see, there is no evidence in any part of the NT that any of them baptised as the alleged verse commands.

7- according to Johannes Lehmann's "The Jesus Report" translated by Michael Heron and published in 1972 by Souvenir Press, London, “Paul did something that Rabbi Jesus never did and refused to do. He extended God’s promise of salvation to the Gentiles; he abolished the law of Moses, and he prevented direct access to God by introducing an intermediary.”  The religion Jesus practised and taught, where righteousness is through keeping the law, became Christianity where sins are taken away by the death and resurrection of Jesus. As Hugh Joseph Schonfield, a British Bible scholar says, ‘The Pauline heresy became the foundation of Christian orthodoxy and the legitimate church was disowned as heretical.’”

If Paul’s teachings are identical to what Jesus taught in his lifetime, as Christians strongly insist, then Paul’s teachings should be redundant. By following the Bible but ignoring ALL of Paul’s writings Christians should still end up with what they believe in today. However, we know that that is just NOT true. Don’t take my word for it. Try it out for yourself if you’re a Christians.

October 3, 2017 12:45 PM MDT

Did God create all of us? How can you know that? And if God did create all of us then why doesn't the Bible tell us more about Cain's wife? Where did she come from?
      October 3, 2017 11:49 AM MDT

The Old Testament God seemed to have his pet race, even if He got pretty fed up with them at times. Believers in the New Testament (especially liberals) like to think that He has gotten over it. 
      October 3, 2017 12:45 PM MDT

Rosie, the God of the Bible whose name is Jehovah is a God of love. He is incapable of creating anything less than perfect. The one promoting lies to discredit the creator of mankind is satan the Devil. The Father of the lie. (John 8:44)
      October 10, 2017 11:20 PM MDT