Discussion » Questions » Religion and Spirituality » Have Muslims brought the world peace by having 'nearly 2 billion followers' holding the same rituals? What about peace among themselves?

Have Muslims brought the world peace by having 'nearly 2 billion followers' holding the same rituals? What about peace among themselves?

I was recently told "we have a religion with nearly 2 billion followers and yet they have stayed agreed on one God, one scripture, one set of prayers, one direction in which they all face in those prayers, the same one month in which to fast, the same place to go for pilgrimage, and the same days in the year and the same pilgrimage rituals ...... for fourteen hundred years"

What would you think the point of someone saying that would be? I said that if he was saying that was proof of God's backing, I just don't see it, but then I was accused of putting words in his mouth.

Posted - October 13, 2017

Responses

The MUSLIMS that do not practice PEACE are NOT Muslims.

Christians who fight Muslims because Muslims are not Christians, are not Christians either.

To follow the teachings of either, you must be PEACEFUL. 

Anything followed by morons who want to kill has nothing to do with GOD.  PERIOD.

Any who call themselves soldiers for CHRIST are just cowards and terrorists hiding behind GOD. This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at October 15, 2017 9:32 AM MDT
      October 13, 2017 8:35 AM MDT

i would hope so
      October 13, 2017 2:56 PM MDT

Q  "Have Muslims brought the world peace by having 'nearly 2 billion followers' holding the same rituals? What about peace among themselves?"

1. World peace is just one thing we humans have miserably failed to bringing about despite, as it is said, having been around on earth for about 2000 centuries. Enough time one would have thought for us to have developed methods of living together in peace. Our rate of progress has been so rapid and amazing in numerous areas that if people just a few generations ago had been told about what humans have achieved not only would they not have believed but, in some instances, they would not have understood what we were describing. Notwithstanding all that, we have vastly retrogressed in some very important areas. To name just a few, we have polluted our environment, increased the gap between the haves and the have nots around the world and hugely increased the number of fellow humans we kill in pursuit of our objectives.

2. HQ 49:13 urges humans to regard one another as one brother/sisterhood in the hope that we will care for one another accordingly. HQ 4:135 and HQ 5:8 set a very high standard of justice for us to pursue. Only if there is proper justice will there be lasting peace. With one people enforcing their will on another by force there cannot be justice and without justice there cannot be any long term peace. It is so simple and yet we have so miserably failed.

3. Why not take what might seem like a tiny step for one man but could add up to a huge leap for mankind. Why not Sign the Pledge To End War @ https://worldbeyondwar.org/sign-pledge-end-war/

This post was edited by CLURT at October 15, 2017 4:16 PM MDT
      October 15, 2017 3:25 PM MDT