Discussion » Questions » Religion and Spirituality » What do you think supposing God created the world scientifically instead of supernaturally and inspired a bible based on science, logic and rational thinking?

What do you think supposing God created the world scientifically instead of supernaturally and inspired a bible based on science, logic and rational thinking?

Posted - July 27, 2016

Responses

There are some who believe that way.  That the big bang was God's voice saying "Be...."

July 27, 2016 3:34 PM MDT

"BE!" is supernatural creation. I think he could have done it scientifically.
      July 27, 2016 3:40 PM MDT

That the sound of his voice was the cause of the Big Bang.....the Big Bang is science.

July 27, 2016 3:52 PM MDT

Ok. A sound caused the big bang you say but before the big bang space did not exist for a medium to carry sound.
      July 27, 2016 4:28 PM MDT

If scientifically means following or complying with the laws of nature and supernaturally means beyond or defying the laws of nature then the indications so far are that the creation of the universe was scientific in that it followed the laws of nature. There were possibly only two supernatural events, the paradoxical creation of the laws of nature and the initial event or command that started the whole creation process.

According to Muslims, God did inspire the Holy Qur'an [HQ] as a scripture based on science, logic and rational thinking. The HQ tells people not to follow beliefs just because their parents did, not to follow claims without investigating them, to use reason and understanding, to contemplate on nature and figure out how it works. These and similar exhortations led the early Muslims to push the frontiers of human knowledge for about eight centuries [that's more than half the fourteen centuries since the revelation of the HQ] and to develop methods of investigation that we call science today. They left a legacy from which we continue to benefit to this day, including the zero and the decimal Arabic numerals which we quickly adopted to replace our cumbersome Roman numerals and which together totally revolutionised mathematics,

August 6, 2016 7:03 PM MDT

There would be never have been a creation according to big bounce theory; infinite rebirth of the universe.

Also the scientific Law of the Conservation of Matter/energy states matter /energy cannot be created or destroyed. Infinite existence.

Interconnection of space/time/energy/matter/consciousness (God) make up entirety of existence and the laws of nature.
      August 6, 2016 7:39 PM MDT

they all came from nowhere and nothing?

also, the universe is NOT expanding?

August 8, 2016 8:45 AM MDT

I think the supernatural is usually mans best attempt to explain what otherwise cannot be explained by science, perhaps due to ignorance. There are a great many things that are no less real because we lack the ability to explain them scientifically. There have also been a great many things man was so certain of... until we weren't. lol It happens. I try not to discount things as possibilities simply because I don't fully understand them, it's okay to be uncertain sometimes... in order to learn you must start from a point of ignorance, not certainty.

I suspect the purely logical decalogue would look like this:

August 8, 2016 9:07 AM MDT

Good grief that pic is massive! Sorry about that!

August 8, 2016 9:07 AM MDT

Infinite existence according to Law of Conservation of Energy /Matter.

The universe is believed to be expanding but will eventually begin to shrink as black holes consume galaxies as is occurring now. The universe will eventually 'crunch down' (the big crunch) to a single black hole and big bang into a new universe.

Big crunch... big bang... expansion... big crunch... repeat infinitely.
    -According to big bounce theory.
      August 8, 2016 9:23 AM MDT

Very good -thanks.
      August 8, 2016 9:27 AM MDT

What do you think supposing the world came into being scientifically instead of supernaturally and, thinking along the lines of science, logic, and rationality, that, instead of God creating everything, human beings created societies, religions, and then the concept of God and supernatural creation to explain how everything came to be? Would your head explode?

August 8, 2016 9:34 AM MDT

Well kids eventually stop thinking fairy tales might be true but there is something different about ancient supernatural religious beliefs.
      August 8, 2016 10:22 AM MDT

OK I'll bite. What's different about them?
      August 8, 2016 11:49 AM MDT

You can stop believing in fairy tales without being tortured and killed or being out cast in some way for being 'atheist'.
      August 8, 2016 12:00 PM MDT

But nobody today is persecuted or outcast for their beliefs or lack thereof, except maybe in ISIS-land.

August 8, 2016 12:28 PM MDT

Religion does create a lot of employment for preachers, pastors and priests as well as charities et al but there has also been and is 'evil and corruption' like as in politics or any man made construct.
      August 8, 2016 12:37 PM MDT

ok "Infinite existence according to Law of Conservation of Energy /Matter." but this "Energy /Matter" that is being conserved, where did it come from in the first place [before the start of this "repeat infinitely" cycle]?

August 9, 2016 1:12 AM MDT

Came from infinity along with infinity of time. Time cannot have a beginning because a beginning is an element of time so time would have to already exist in order to enable a beginning to occur.

Best guess..
      August 9, 2016 5:34 AM MDT

so back to the drawing board for your explanation then....

and I can still hold on to my satisfactory Islamic explanation for a little longer

August 9, 2016 6:01 AM MDT

ForkNdaRoad, thanks for posting that. I already re-posted it. Nice answer as well!

August 9, 2016 7:23 AM MDT

Infinitely longer maybe.

I did some research but could not find out hoe scientists were able to prove the law of the conservation of matter/energy which would mean infinite existence of matter/energy.
      August 9, 2016 8:05 AM MDT
  • Bez

I've never thought of it that way before. I'll have to get back to you on this one after I've done some research on it. Good question.

August 9, 2016 8:18 AM MDT

All right.
      August 9, 2016 8:20 AM MDT