Active Now

Zack
Discussion » Questions » Religion and Spirituality » What do you think supposing God created the world scientifically instead of supernaturally and inspired a bible based on science, logic and rational thinking?

What do you think supposing God created the world scientifically instead of supernaturally and inspired a bible based on science, logic and rational thinking?

Posted - July 27, 2016

Responses

Quote from Stu B: "But nobody today is persecuted or outcast for their beliefs or lack thereof, except maybe in ISIS-land."

Many countries today and most Countries at one time or another have persecuted JW's.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Udeu3sGeaz8

Jewish fanatics attack Christian gathering 13/8/2011

http://www.i24news.tv/en/news/israel/69738-150502-israeli-court-rul...

"Event was originally cancelled due to opposition from anti-assimilation group

Hundreds of protesters turned up to demonstrate outside a Jehovah's Witnesses seminar being held in a municipal building in a city in the center of Israel Saturday. 

Despite police presence, the demonstration against the event became violent, Israeli dailyHa'aretz reported.

..."

August 9, 2016 8:34 AM MDT

So why not accept the Islamic explanation until you know better?

August 9, 2016 9:10 AM MDT

Quantum mechanics is said to be 'outside' the known laws of physics. Explanation for infinite existence of energy/matter probably lies there if one can study and understand it.

I can think supernatural may exist but not as a very powerful force nor supports existence of a God creator.
      August 9, 2016 9:27 AM MDT

Nice, thanks :)

August 9, 2016 12:28 PM MDT

"I can think supernatural may exist but not as a very powerful force nor supports existence of a God creator."

why not? After all it [Islam] provides reasonable answers, even if they are provisional, until we know for sure.

August 9, 2016 4:52 PM MDT

:)

August 9, 2016 5:45 PM MDT

I cannot accept that supernatural can create anything material.

There is a consciousness existing in nature that can become aware when a species needs to alter its structure in order to adapt to a changing environment in order to survive and a force to cause that change to occur.

That is an example where it possibly may be supernatural force in existence.
      August 9, 2016 6:16 PM MDT

If "That is an [just one] example where it possibly may be supernatural force in existence." which can do what you have described then I cannot see why it cannot create something material. A force is a source of energy and energy can be translated into something material. So I have no problem with the supernatural creating something material.

August 10, 2016 6:23 PM MDT

Gravity is not energy and is the only known force that can create or destroy matter as in black hole consuming matter/big banging to create a universe ( big bounce theory )
      August 10, 2016 6:58 PM MDT

Those who theorise on how the universe might have come into being [your favoured bounce theory, for example] or even DISCOVER the laws by which it actually works never claim to have either brought the universe into being or to have created the laws by which it operates. They're just researchers and commentators on someone or something else's doings. I simply use the word God for that someone or something. I am not allergic to that three-letter word.

August 12, 2016 4:48 AM MDT