Active Now

Element 99
Danilo_G
Discussion » Questions » Human Behavior » I don't think it's very convincing when someone tries to appear several years older than his or her true age.* Are you fooled by

I don't think it's very convincing when someone tries to appear several years older than his or her true age.* Are you fooled by

attempts like that?

*This question does NOT refer to actors and actresses portraying theatrical roles; it refers to people in everyday life. 

~

Posted - November 5, 2017

Responses

My mother was an 'executive secretary' who wore gray wigs to her job.  She just wanted to look the part.
      November 5, 2017 10:08 AM MST

I don't know any people that want to look older than they are unless you mean young kids.  Most are trying to look younger and, especially with women, it often backfires.  Let's face it, the neck and the hands are dead giveaways that the hair dye, the neon blue eye shadow, six layers of mascara and foundation applied with a trowel is not going to make you look like you're still 29.
      November 5, 2017 10:49 AM MST

To clarify, at what age must a woman give up electric blue eye shadow? (I'm asking for a friend.) 
      November 5, 2017 12:31 PM MST

Senior year in high school.

November 5, 2017 12:38 PM MST

Some people can pull it off. Some can't.

I think it really comes down to how you carry yourself and how you communicate. Some young adults and teens are forced into maturity much earlier than they should be, and it reflects in the way they interact with the world. 
      November 5, 2017 12:30 PM MST

i wish i had that problem, i look a lot younger than i am
      November 5, 2017 4:51 PM MST