Active Now

Element 99
Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Human Behavior » What are some things you could do when you were younger, but no longer can? Are you miserable because your list is very long?

What are some things you could do when you were younger, but no longer can? Are you miserable because your list is very long?

Posted - November 22, 2017

Responses

I never really could do much, so it is about the same. I'm not as comfortable with driving, so that is a little bothersome. But overall, I don't do just as much as I've never done.
      November 22, 2017 12:08 PM MST

• Tolerate groups of 8 or more people.
      November 22, 2017 12:52 PM MST

That many? I'm jealous. 
      November 22, 2017 12:55 PM MST

• Yes,  I know exactly 7 people who are misanthropic enough for me to tolerate in a group.   We mostly talk chit about each other and complain about everyone else and feral cats. Oh and drink booze and smoke dope while trying to get chit done in a garage. This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at November 22, 2017 1:12 PM MST
      November 22, 2017 12:59 PM MST

I am going to my daughter's house for thanksgiving.There might be as many as 16 people there, including 4 young children. I will probably go insane in an hour. I am to the point where I don't want to go. I am catching a cold and hope it gets worse.
      November 22, 2017 1:03 PM MST

• I excluded family from this.  That's an exception.  As long as it isn't my mother's side then it's all good.   My mother's side is obnoxious and nuts.  At least the living ones are. They are only okay one on one or two maybe. This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at November 22, 2017 1:06 PM MST
      November 22, 2017 1:05 PM MST

I could pee in a diaper and get someone to change me.

Not sad that is over.
      November 22, 2017 12:56 PM MST

• You're almost there again sweetie, don't worry.
      November 22, 2017 1:00 PM MST

• Right now, the list isn't long. That will gradually change. I can't work out with the intensity that I once could. The most frustrating is getting down on the floor and not being able to get back up.
      November 22, 2017 1:46 PM MST

The biggest thing for most people is probably some kind of physical ability. When I was a kid, I was small enough to fit thru a cat flap in the door. Now I can't. I also can't run as fast as I used to, or for as long as I used to. I also was able to kick pretty high, now I can't kick much higher than my waist, but I am overweight. :(

Martial arts is also a biggie for those who enjoy it. Although martial arts has slowed down the aging process for Chuck Norris - hard to believe he's in his late 70's - he is very limited to what he used to do. But Karate isn't the best martial art for someone who's aging. The ground-game of Brazilian Jiu Jitsu is much easier as long as you're on the mats. Helio Gracie, the founding father of BJJ, "rolled" until he was 95. 

November 22, 2017 2:09 PM MST

Well the list is not that long however biggest ones was my eyesight got all blurry over time. Also needed some stents but that's about it. Used to be able to handle the cold weather better.
      November 22, 2017 4:51 PM MST

• Sleep more than 5 hours at a time ... I miss sleep:/ 
      November 22, 2017 5:42 PM MST

Sports of all descriptions. Creative sex positions. Heavy physical labour of any kind.

The last one I don't miss.
      November 22, 2017 8:56 PM MST

I DO miss the heavy labour.
      November 23, 2017 7:28 AM MST

I used to be able to trim my toenails and breathe at the same time.
      November 23, 2017 2:40 AM MST