Active Now

WelbyQuentin
Discussion » Questions » Finance » If money could talk, how would yours shock us as to the things on which you spend it?

If money could talk, how would yours shock us as to the things on which you spend it?

~

Posted - December 24, 2017

Responses

• It would probably never shock anyone unless a sleuth exposed me.
    I have an alternate character called Sufi Put-pocket.
    She is a Sufi with unlimited wealth who loves to practice random acts of kindness and beauty as anonymous philanthropy.
    A struggling single mother never knows why a mysterious basket or healthy and yummy groceries was mysteriously left on her doorstep,
    Newspaper readers never know  why somebody paid the power bill for the local homeless shelter,
    or how a bronze statue of Mandela suddenly appeared in the main town square
    or how a new privately owned national park appeared in a threatened wilderness.

Please note, since Sufi is an entirely private creature, the above particulars of wealth and specific actions are not true. This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at December 24, 2017 11:07 PM MST
      December 24, 2017 10:04 PM MST

My money is proud of me.  I can pinch a penny if I need to.

I don't spend what I don't have.  I am not looking to be homeless any time soon.

That keeps me in check today and everyday.

December 24, 2017 10:57 PM MST

(anytime)
    (every day)
      December 24, 2017 11:08 PM MST

I think my expenditures are pretty routine and boring.  But you might be surprised that I buy a bag of Life Saver wintergreen mints very often.  That is my addiction, my demon, and my most recent pounds.  
      December 24, 2017 11:06 PM MST

I have given up trying to predict what might shock people. I just do what I think I should and let the shockee figure out how to deal with it.
      December 25, 2017 4:57 AM MST

it would say i need some more
      December 25, 2017 10:52 AM MST

I am trying to be frugal - of necessity :( But I am guessing the elf outfit for the dog was a bit frivolous? Mind you, it did only cost £1.96
      December 25, 2017 2:42 PM MST