Active Now

Randy D
Danilo_G
Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Religion and Spirituality » I've been reading up and the general consensus is America is the Babylon God promises to destroy. I'm sorry.

I've been reading up and the general consensus is America is the Babylon God promises to destroy. I'm sorry.

What is your exit strategy?

Posted - January 7, 2018

Responses

• I think America is entering a period of decadence which will lead to its senescence.
    And I feel sorry about it too.
      January 7, 2018 9:11 PM MST

• Ah, shucky darn.
      January 7, 2018 9:20 PM MST

Take over and infiltrate there addenda, then do the same to   the multiple cities constructed under the earth for those slime balls  who constructed it.  
      January 8, 2018 12:23 AM MST

If you read in other directions you find that General Consensus is an impostor: he is actually a club footed lieutenant.
      January 8, 2018 12:35 PM MST

ha ha
      January 21, 2018 2:45 PM MST

Oh okay.  If you read that, it must be true. 

America is the Babylon du jour.  That is all America is in the face of eternity.  There will always be an America somewhere.  God has time on His side and Babylon destroys itself. This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at January 8, 2018 12:40 PM MST
      January 8, 2018 12:39 PM MST

dont have one
      January 8, 2018 2:42 PM MST

• The Old Testament Babylon had long ago been destroyed (had fallen) when St. John penned the words of Revelation 14, 16, 17, and 18. But for the Jews in John’s day, that Babylon still represented the epitome of evil and destruction. Even then they remembered it as having been a threat to the existence of God’s people before its final destruction. The Babylonians of the Old Testament had demolished the Temple, incinerated their Holy City Jerusalem, and carried the people into captivity.  Therefore, for God’s people, it symbolized all things evil in this world.

That said, the United States is never explicitly mentioned in the Bible. In regard to the end times, the only nation the Bible seems to be concerned with, specifically, is Israel. Revelation does not mention any countries or nations, other than Israel (Revelation 7:4; 21:12) It mentions Babylon (Revelation 14:8; 16:19; 17:5; 18:2, 10, 21) but beyond that, it does not name specific places. Bible scholars debate whether this refers to a literal city of Babylon or whether Babylon is being used symbolically. Again, Israel is the focus of end-times Bible prophecy. There may be a general consensus among scholars but because the Bible doesn't give specifics that consensus is basically opinion and speculation.  Could this Babylon be the United States? Yes it could. But then it could also be referring to Islam or Vatican City and the Pope (Catholicism). While it's important to study prophecy, making assumptions and wild claims about it isn't in one's best interest. 
      January 8, 2018 2:46 PM MST

It is in one's survival exit strategy.
      January 8, 2018 9:38 PM MST

I disagree.
    The mystery Babylon of Revelation is the Vatican in Rome. 
      January 8, 2018 3:22 PM MST

• Although Vatican City is considered a country by many and although I gave three possibilities in my answer above, I too lean towards it being Babylon of Revelation. I didn't just pop up one day a declare the Vatican to be Babylon, it took a few years of study for me to come to that conclusion. Studying Scripture, as a whole, is something I wish more of those supposed prophecy experts would do instead of inserting their own private interpretation after a cursory glance. 
      January 9, 2018 1:59 PM MST

Yes, both scripture and history point to the Vatican.  
      January 9, 2018 7:20 PM MST

Babylon was the birthplace of Babylon Mystery Religion. BMR originated the trinity, mother-of-god, and expansion of the church by absorbing pagan churches with little or no change to them. That eventually led to absorbing the state religion of Rome, Christianity. "Babylon" is mixed worship. There are several books titled "Babylon Mystery Religion" detailing the history.

The USA is mentioned in the bible. Sort of.
    Genesis 35:11 And God said unto him, I am God Almighty: be fruitful and multiply; a nation and a company of nations shall be of thee, and kings shall come out of thy loins;

In all the world there is only one company of nations, and only one great nation that considers itself to be related to that company.
      January 8, 2018 5:58 PM MST

The Bible says  Mystery Babylon is a city. 
    Rev 17:18 And the woman which thou sawest is that great city, which reigneth over the kings of the earth.

Yes, USA is in Bible prophecy both in Daniel and Rev...we are the eagle. This post was edited by my2cents at January 8, 2018 6:55 PM MST
      January 8, 2018 6:53 PM MST

You know what is said about the eagle, *sigh*.
      January 8, 2018 9:31 PM MST

That it is one of the nations of the end time....that we provide protection to Israel. 
      January 9, 2018 4:18 AM MST

"....that we provide protection to Israel" and be equally condemned for its awful crimes which include ethnic cleansing, apartheid and killing and imprisoning children?

Here's a short virtual tour through just a small example of its crimes which Americans are still blind to. The guide is himself a prominent Israeli btw

January 21, 2018 2:58 PM MST

I kinda disagree. With everything the Bible says about this Harlot like “the kings of the earth,” or the political elements of this world, “committed sexual immorality” with her, she is not a political element like America.
    APPENDIX Identifying “Babylon the Great”

Identifying “Babylon the Great”
    THE book of Revelation contains expressions that are not to be understood literally. (Revelation 1:1) For example, it mentions a woman with the name “Babylon the Great” written on her forehead. This woman is said to be sitting on “crowds and nations.” (Revelation 17:1, 5, 15) Since no literal woman could do this, Babylon the Great must be symbolic. So, what does this symbolic prostitute represent?
    At Revelation 17:18, the same figurative woman is described as “the great city that has a kingdom over the kings of the earth.” The term “city” indicates an organized group of people. Since this “great city” has control over “the kings of the earth,” the woman named Babylon the Great must be an influential organization that is international in scope. It can rightly be called a world empire. What kind of empire? A religious one. Notice how some related passages in the book of Revelation lead us to this conclusion.
    An empire can be political, commercial, or religious. The woman named Babylon the Great is not a political empire because God’s Word states that “the kings of the earth,” or the political elements of this world, “committed sexual immorality” with her. She has practiced such immorality by forming alliances with the rulers of this earth and has done whatever is necessary in order to gain power and influence over them. That is why she is called “the great prostitute.”—Revelation 17:1, 2; James 4:4.
    Babylon the Great cannot be a commercial empire because “the merchants of the earth,” representing the commercial elements, will be mourning her at the time of her destruction. In fact, both kings and merchants are described as looking at Babylon the Great from “a distance.” (Revelation 18:3, 9, 10, 15-17) Therefore, it is reasonable to conclude that Babylon the Great is, not a political or a commercial empire, but a religious one.
    The religious identity of Babylon the Great is further confirmed by the statement that she misleads all the nations by means of her “spiritistic practices.” (Revelation 18:23) Since all forms of spiritism are religious and demon-inspired, it is not surprising that the Bible calls Babylon the Great “a dwelling place of demons.” (Revelation 18:2; Deuteronomy 18:10-12) This empire is also described as being actively opposed to true religion, persecuting “prophets” and “holy ones.” (Revelation 18:24) In fact, Babylon the Great has such deep hatred for true religion that she violently persecutes and even murders “the witnesses of Jesus.” (Revelation 17:6) Hence, this woman named Babylon the Great clearly represents the world empire of false religion, which includes all religions that stand in opposition to Jehovah God.
      January 11, 2018 4:04 PM MST

So put that in your pope and smike it.
      January 12, 2018 1:34 PM MST

Q "I've been reading up and the general consensus is America is the Babylon God promises to destroy. I'm sorry.
    What is your exit strategy?"

and you mean Trump and his Trumpeteers, his devoted followers, are the ones with the qualifications and honour to successfully lead it there.

Fortunately, many of us are not part of the fiasco, so we don't need an exit strategy. We're just unwitting witnesses of the unbelievable spectacle of the tail, a tiny piece of land calling itself Israel, wagging the mighty dog, the world's most powerful country.

January 21, 2018 4:04 PM MST

Babylon the great, world empire of false religion. It is not just Catholicism, the protestant churches included as well as the rest of the non-Christian religions. (Revelation chapter 18)
      March 15, 2018 10:33 PM MDT

I think it very well fits. 

This is where all of it seems to be.   The most corrupt, the most wasteful, the most selfish, greedy, false... but maybe it is just because I happen to live here.

The Fiddle And The Drum

by Joni Mitchell
    play
    Printer-friendly version of this lyric

And so once again
    My dear Johnny my dear friend
    And so once again you are fightin' us all
    And when I ask you why
    You raise your sticks and cry, and I fall
    Oh, my friend
    How did you come
    To trade the fiddle for the drum

You say I have turned
    Like the enemies you've earned
    But I can remember
    All the good things you are
    And so I ask you please
    Can I help you find the peace and the star
    Oh, my friend
    What time is this
    To trade the handshake for the fist

And so once again
    Oh, America my friend
    And so once again
    You are fighting us all
    And when we ask you why
    You raise your sticks and cry and we fall
    Oh, my friend
    How did you come
    To trade the fiddle for the drum

You say we have turned
    Like the enemies you've earned
    But we can remember
    All the good things you are
    And so we ask you please
    Can we help you find the peace and the star
    Oh my friend
    We have all come
    To fear the beating of your drum

© 1969; Siquomb Publishing Company

This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at March 15, 2018 10:42 PM MDT
      March 15, 2018 10:38 PM MDT