Active Now

Discussion » Questions » Relationships » Don't you think it's true love when both of you find the relationship to be electrifying? ~

Don't you think it's true love when both of you find the relationship to be electrifying? ~

Posted - January 9, 2018

Responses

No has to be much more there.  Sex can be great but life isn't all about sex so you need to make good contact with each other in a number of other good ways - OK its all love I guess but "true love" should be more, more special. 
      January 9, 2018 9:00 AM MST

Actually no.. that's more likely to be based on physical attraction, which while good isn't necessarily enough to make a relationship work. We've all known someone who really drives us wild in bed but who has a personality that really sucks and irritates us...  on the other hand, someone who is rubbish in bed and who really doesn't excite us wouldn't work brilliantly either 
      January 9, 2018 2:20 PM MST

• Nope. I think the opposite.

If it's electrifying then there's high-intensity orgasms happening frequently, and that's like an addictive drug when it comes to the flushes of neurotransmitters. It feels like the most alive, intense, energising and blissfully happy state possible - but it's not true love. It's sex. For biological reasons, eventually, it burns out.

True love is when you know the person warts and all, feel mutual goodwill and empathy, are willing to work through conflicts, can rely on each other, and still enjoy each other's company more than anybody else's. True love is cooler, but it lasts.
      January 9, 2018 3:47 PM MST

I can only agree....true love is also pretty earth shattering when everything just clicks...  
      January 9, 2018 4:00 PM MST

It's kind of shocking, actually. 
      January 9, 2018 4:17 PM MST

That's why I used to drink.   I couldn't handle that feeling.  It scared me.

I was afraid I'd make an ass out of myself.  Then I drank and made sure I made an ass out of myself.

January 9, 2018 4:24 PM MST