Active Now

Element 99
Shuhak
Discussion » Questions » Emotions » Have you ever fallen in love with an online friend on a social media site such as this one, based only on your verbal exchanges?

Have you ever fallen in love with an online friend on a social media site such as this one, based only on your verbal exchanges?

Does that person know how you feel? 

Posted - January 27, 2018

Responses

I think dating sites and sites like this are far different. When you go to a dating site (which I never have), I would think you are there to meet someone in hopes of finding love. I don't think this site is intended for that, but it CAN happen. Much like Facebook, you can have online friends there that you may never intend to meet, but you can become quite close to them by corresponding with them on a daily basis. 
    I agree with Neelie....you can have a beautiful online non-sexual relationship on sites because you share your intimate thoughts, fantasies and can speak openly about everything in your life that you don't/can't share with people you deal with on a daily basis. Being anonymous, more or less, and talking with someone here allows the two of you to share intimacy, despite the fact that neither of you intend to meet up at some time. Knowing that you can say anything and express your feelings to that person and not be judged creates an emotional and intimate bond to take as far as the two of you want to take it. 
      January 30, 2018 8:17 AM MST

no,ive never had that happen
      February 14, 2018 7:00 PM MST